Only few can match my determination...

#63 Creek

Creek

Apple Pie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,203 posts

Posted June 10 2007 - 02:50 AM

I Remember Dandelion (Rag Muffin Child) From Way Back Around Chat And The Forums.... I Beleive That It Was Dandy Who Told Me That Sparrow Passed... :angel: Rest In Peace, Friends.

#64 while lee

while lee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted July 01 2007 - 04:19 PM

this is why we gather the spirit lives in each and everyone of us and love is what makes our beaT

#65 Jasmina_

Jasmina_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted July 03 2007 - 11:21 AM

Blessed be all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frkadela vidim da si s Balkana he he....Crna Gora daklem.......eto, ja iz Hr, nova sam tu, pa ne znam ni kako da poruku posaljem kako treba, anyway, ako ti se tipka.....

For all those great heroes:

"I hope you went out smiling, like a child, into a cool remnant of a dream...."

Peace!!!!!!!

#66 WVHippie

WVHippie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted July 03 2007 - 06:11 PM

Byron Wescott Amos, 1991-2006 R.I.P. bub
"You can kill the revolutionary but you can't kill a revolution." -Fred Hampton

Posted Image

#67 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,268 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted July 03 2007 - 07:40 PM

this is for Hipforumers who have crossed over. If you give a RL name, please also use the screen name we knew them by. Thanks.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#68 ganjabomber

ganjabomber

• PipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted July 21 2007 - 10:44 PM

he wasnt on hipforums but he is still missed

Rest in pease

~charlie cote`~
he died when he was a senior in high school and produced great music with his band
"five star riot" altho he wasnt a forum member he is still greatly missed in penfeild one of the nicest people i have ever had the pleasure of meeting
let us not forget the fictitious nature of my comments on this fine web establishment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
One by one, it comes to us all. It's as soft as your pillow.

#69 ensue

ensue

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 07:53 PM

may all of the mentioned, and unmentioned, people of this forum who've passed rest in peace. i send my condolences to all of their loved ones.

#70 samson

samson

Hepcat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted August 02 2007 - 10:26 PM

every time i see this thread come back up on the recent posts, i worry about who has passed away. Glad to see that isnt the case lol

Posted Image

#71 StonedFoxy420

StonedFoxy420

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 21 2007 - 07:09 PM

Hello im new and joined i happend to come appond the convo and would llike to say that im sry for your loss and hope all is well for every one.

#72 Vision

Vision

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 02 2007 - 07:27 AM

May they all be happy where ever they now reside.

#73 mk_Finky

mk_Finky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted September 25 2007 - 06:15 PM

RIP BRIAN MCELROY

Posted Image

Posted Image

you taught me everything i know

#74 SunLion

SunLion

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,766 posts

Posted November 11 2007 - 05:18 AM

Jesse Nicholas
1979-2001
Nickname "Jessee" (if I remember correctly)

He was a regular in the chatroom, and was the boyfriend of op and longtime regular of the chatroom, Misty aka "Stellablue."

He was actually the first person from hippy.com that I met in real life; he drove up from Kentucky to meet us and spend a few hours with us.

Not only did we get along, but I felt like I'd just found a new best friend. A spectacularly nice guy, funny as can be, brilliant... I remember that my wife was working on a VRML project at the time, and he even knew some tricks with the software she was using, and taught her some shortcuts while he was visiting. He invited me to ride along with him to a concert in New York City, and I was probably going to go along (Lords of Acid were playing, he was a huge fan of theirs). I remember that we were so busy talking and talking that he could hardly get out the door!

It was only a few weeks later when he died in a terrible car crash. My wife spent a few days with some of the other channel regulars offering comfort to Misty, but it was a horrible time for all involved.

I remember an Althea, but don't recall much more. I talked a lot with Dandelion and Philmcamera too, both really nice people, though I never managed to meet either in person.

Since those days I've met about a half a dozen people from these forums, and without exception, everyone has been a real joy to meet and hang out with. Some really kind people find their way here... I don't think Skip can even imagine the impact he's had on people's lives and loves by creating this site, and I'm sure glad that this "home" on the Internet is still around.
"Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they're YOURS." -Richard Bach

#75 skip

skip

If you don't know me by now...

• Administrators
  • 12,251 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted November 11 2007 - 11:46 AM

Yes, I remember Jesse too. We were working on at least one project together when he died. He was more than willing to spend time helping out with the sites. It was sooo sad when he died. :(

Yes, it was hard on Stellablue but I think she handled it well from what I could see & read virtually...

One of the reasons this site (and my others) were created was so that people like Jesse, and you and me can all LIVE ON, long after our deaths.

When I started as a webmaster I realized the archival power the web would have. In fact everyday now I scan, OCR and post up some article from the 60s onto Hippy.com

Some of the writers are long gone, I just contacted one whose article I posted today and it turns out he's still having the same argument with a College rival (about violent demonstrations) that he was having 30 years ago.

But that article would be long lost if I hadn't ressurected it from an old book from 1971.

Likewise we are all now immortalized here on the forums. So be careful what you post because ppl will be reading it decades from now, maybe even your grandchild! :)

#76 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted November 12 2007 - 08:32 AM

Does anyone know about Maggie Sugar?She hasn't been on since April,'07.

#77 bustramp

bustramp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted December 28 2007 - 07:40 PM

Posted Image

In Loving Memory of Cornelius Van Putten 1948--2007.
Suffered from Melanoma. Lived in Santa Fe.
He wasn't a member but he was a great influence on my life.
Neil you were always so full of life, so humorous.
I'll forever miss you.
Your brother Jim.

Bustramp

#78 SMOKEE420

SMOKEE420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted January 18 2008 - 12:16 PM

Oh wow alot has happend since i have been gone. but my prayers go out too there families.

#79 iamian

iamian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 05 2008 - 06:34 AM

Hi Guys and Gals :) I just thought, being a new member and all.. that if you would like I could create a remembrance video for all the beloved members that have left us..

A good way for me to get to know you and to show some respect...

please let me know if you think it's a good idea..

all the best... ian.

#80 skip

skip

If you don't know me by now...

• Administrators
  • 12,251 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted February 29 2008 - 10:32 AM

To All:

Matt Thomas (known as Matt In Vegas) passed away on Feb 22, 2008 at 11:15 p.m. He was at Sunrise Hospital. The family wanted to let everyone know that knew Matt or Talked to him what happened. The services and viewing are going to be held at Palm Mortuary on Main St. We also wanted to thank everyone who talked to him. He really enjoyed every moment. Again Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
The Thomas Family and Friends

Matt was one of our earliest members on the forums. He was always helpful and went out of his way for people. He was very kind and concerned about others. He will be missed by many here.

R.I.P. Matt in Vegas...
  • scratcho likes this

#81 RELAYER

RELAYER

mādhyamaka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 17,670 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 11:43 AM

Im sure Matt comprehends the big Light :)
Because he definitley shed plenty of his own on us.
Namaste friend.

#82 JasperStone

JasperStone

~*~

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 12:07 PM

I promise to keep alive those I knew in my memories, and my notes.
I'll light my candle when I logoff.

Matt will forever shine beautiful light.

#83 stinkfoot

stinkfoot

truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,674 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 12:20 PM

A life successfully live to its completion. Mourn less the passing and celebrate more that we had the privilege of sharing a small slice of the light that was Matt. R.I.P.
“I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” -Robert McCloskey

#84 drumminmama

drumminmama

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,268 posts
  • LocationPlanet earth, until I find a bigger playground

Posted February 29 2008 - 12:57 PM

Amen.
Matt was one of the most level headed folks on here.
have or want long hair?
Colorado Forum

Unless I post MOD NOTE, I'm replying as a member of the community.

#85 Court_lew_0216

Court_lew_0216

True Aquarius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 01:17 PM

RIP Matt... your presence around these forums will never be forgotten. <3
Posted Image

~*Courtney*~

Blimey!

if yer goin to sleep make sure yer knickers are on or yer gonna get spiders where they shant be

Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. ♥

#86 scratcho

scratcho

Lifetime Supporter

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,731 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 01:42 PM

Matt was a very helpful and kind soul.RIP brother.

#87 fylthevoyd

fylthevoyd

Super Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted February 29 2008 - 02:16 PM

Thanx Skip for letting us know...Matt will be greatly missed here at hips for those of you who knew Matt you know what I mean....and those of you that didn't know him ...have missed the opportunity of crossing paths with a stand up friend and confidant.....Matt was the type of soul...whatever his beliefs has found a better place at this juncture in life...enjoy the wind in your hair in the ride into the unknown...you will be greatly missed here brother peace
thanx again Skip:spliff: here's one for ya Matt

To All:

Matt Thomas (known as Matt In Vegas) passed away on Feb 22, 2008 at 11:15 p.m. He was at Sunrise Hospital. The family wanted to let everyone know that knew Matt or Talked to him what happened. The services and viewing are going to be held at Palm Mortuary on Main St. We also wanted to thank everyone who talked to him. He really enjoyed every moment. Again Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
The Thomas Family and Friends

Matt was one of our earliest members on the forums. He was always helpful and went out of his way for people. He was very kind and concerned about others. He will be missed by many here.

R.I.P. Matt in Vegas...

Posted Image

We are given two things in life; the first thing is our name,the second thing is our word...if you can't keep your word...then your name ain't worth a fuck!!!!!!!

#88 samson

samson

Hepcat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted March 01 2008 - 12:11 AM

thats heavy, i will miss seeing him around the forums - my condolences go out to his family. He was one of the good guys.

#89 yarapario

yarapario

Village Elder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,266 posts

Posted March 01 2008 - 04:01 AM

Condolences to Matt's family... Your bonds have been cut Matt, now your soul can soar, Thanks for the warm heart you shared here.

#90 SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower

earthfirst!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted March 01 2008 - 12:22 PM

He was one of the firsts here for me that stuck out in my mind. I am joyous that he is a being in light reaching out to all edges of the universe now.
[SIGPIC]
[/SIGPIC]

Click to shop at Weed Seed Shop