In Memoriam: Those Members who've Passed On

Discussion in 'People' started by skip, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Rebel_1

Rebel_1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

:( Im sorry to hear about your loss, one thing to know though is that he wont have to face anymore of lifes battles or suffering of any kind. Im sure he is with you in spirit too.

2. purplesage

purplesage Ah, fuck it...

There are probably a fair few more on these forums that we will never know about.

I believe Drumminmama is right, Sam (one of the "Old Hippies") did pass on some months ago.

3. playboy

playboy Member

people die but their memories and good action dont and will never die .
    may thier souls rest in peace .

4. DeadieHeatherBear

DeadieHeatherBear Member

wow!! thank you for this thread skip!! dandelion and philmers were both hipchat regulars back in the day... this thread made me cry because i couldnt help but think back and remember how truly kind the two of them were! id also like to know how philm passed...
    haha he was 55 for the 2 years i chatted with him!! he was a truly kind soul! i had the privledge to talk with him on the phone once and his voice is still in my head like it was just yesterday that i heard it!
    if only i had found this website earlier so i could have known him longer! hippychat was never the same when he passed nor will it ever be again!

5. Crosslight

Crosslight Banned

Here is where i want my hundredth post to be......In Memoriam......
    Thank you Skip

6. Shakun

Shakun Member

It's a vary sad thread. It looks like the hippies are realy dead.

7. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Requiescant In Pace

8. tculi

tculi Senior Member

sad, sad,
    to bad i didin get to meet him

9. Hippygurl2005

Hippygurl2005 Member

sorry for danny's death i dont think i knew him.

10. VillageSam

VillageSam Member

How sudden, death touches one......I blinked my eyes and you were gone. I wish them all a good journey . Death is but a bridge to the other side. They will all be missed. For their remaining loved ones I sent my loving energy and hope time erases their pain quickly and they can focus on the wonderful memories they have of their loved ones !!!!!!!

Peace and Love to all of you !!!!!

11. Big Owl

Big Owl Member

My very good friend of 25 years passed a little while ago and I havent talked about it much. I think about him every day and miss being able to call him up and ask him any question about any band from the 60's through the 90's and hear him quote chapter and verse about whatever I asked. He was a human library on rock music and my pal and I hope he found what he was looking for..............Owl...........

12. Hat Driv3r

Hat Driv3r Member

Can I make mention to Syd Barett? He most likely wasn't even a member here, but without him, Pink Floyd woulda had a different name n stuff, I love his music, The Madcap Laughs, (with timothy leary now probably). Without Syd we wouldn't have Wish You Were Here. He passed recently, a recluse of the mad world.

13. Hat Driv3r

Hat Driv3r Member

Hey Big Owl, your dear friend would have most definitely heard of Syd. Sorry to hear of your loss, I know how hearts can hurt. He looks like a really cool guy and I love the slogan ' If your not upset, then your not paying attention'.

14. Ursula Buendia

Ursula Buendia Member

:(
    Others! Please, dont die!

15. MellowFellow

MellowFellow Member

I am sad to say that i didn't get the chance to talk to these people as they sound wonderful.. I would like to give my consolations to everyone who has had a loved one pass on.

At least they will all be in that great big Hippie van in the sky.

May they all rest in peace.

16. MissJo

MissJo Member

In Memory of MissLaurie.

She was a good girl, died at only 17. She IS my baby sister, my twin, and the last 17 years would have been miserable without her. This girl could make you smile just becasue she was smiling, and she could light up a room even with a pout.

Laurie, my darling, you are the greatest. You will forever be mised.

<3 Your Jo

17. Charise

Charise Naked to the Cosmos

Amen.

18. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Wow your really something. To take your lies and deceit all the way to the "In Memoriam" thread. Thats a kick in the teeth to all the people who have posted a "real" loved one/friend that has passed. Jo you are really a piece of work. Just when I start to simmer down from the anger I feel about your lies, I find something else that slaps me in the face. Unbelieveable.

19. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

really? that is pretty pathetic if it's true.

20. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Yes it is true. She pulled all of our emotions through the toilet. Alot of us spent actual time on the phone "consoling/crying" with her. Her official reasoning for it? Because she knew that if she kept the "twin sister" lie going, she'd eventually get caught. So she decided to kill her off. She admitted to it. Absolutely pathetic :$