Used a Vap for the first time last night...

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by The Caterpillar, Jan 2, 2006.

1. The Caterpillar

The Caterpillar Member

2. _toker_

_toker_ Toking Up

how was your high? was it like a head-trip? not as overwhelming?

3. Radiohead

Radiohead Member

i have used a glass bottle, pretty intense

4. The Caterpillar

The Caterpillar Member

The high was amazing! Very clear headed, which I liked(at least it was this way until we vaped a lot more and I was getting ready to go to sleep.

I mean, I took two big hits and I was baked. A few hits later, I was stoned for like 6 hours. It was incredible!

5. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, i have an ivape, which is the same style of operation, only an even MORE pedestrian looking model....

works like a charm though. i agree, they're great.

i hate the vapes with the big glass bubble though, they suck no matter what.

6. Monsieur

Monsieur Member

me and my friends have used a magic wand before, supposedly it works similair to a vap and it fucked us up.
    didnt hurt my lungs at all either, never used a vap though

7. buttrfly)i(

buttrfly)i( Member

i love smoking from the vap...if i had a choice of something to smoke from...thats what it would be.

8. _toker_

_toker_ Toking Up

well i made a lightbulb vap, and the high sure is different, like i said, more of a head-trip, though not as intense or as long... maybe i needed to vaporize more? still pretty new at it, once i even tried combining smoking with vaping, that was different, hehe

9. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

10. nesta

nesta Banned

something like that will do an absolutely terrible job of vaporizing, actually. when it DOES actually work, a lot of the times you end up burning the pot anyway which is self defeating. sadly, if you want any kind of decent vaporizers it will cost at LEAST 100+ dollars. the two single worst vaporization methods i know of also happen to be the cheapest (lightbulb and similar commercial products that work on the same premise, and then the type most people buy which is a metal heating tray you put the pot on under a glass dome or jar. this also often burns the pot, and both methods are FAR less efficient than the type people have been discussing (such as vaporbrothers, vaporcannon, ivape, silver surfer, etc.)

of course, there are much more advanced, efficient, and better tasting devices out there, but they will cost still hundreds of more dollars. these that we've been discussing are pretty much the cheapest ones you can get that still work better than simply putting it in a pipe and smoking it.

11. _toker_

_toker_ Toking Up

i understand, and i know i'll end up buying a good vap, but my trusty lightbulb will get the job done, since i have now gotten the hang of it... i guess you would say its worse than a real vap, i think it's just different, and that's what i wanted, a different experience with pot...

on a different note, yesterday i was having trouble sleeping, it was like 4 am and i just couldn't sleep... i finally said to myself, maybe a little vap will help... it relaxed me, but some mind activity began... i was loving how the bed felt, and i was just slightly tripping, basically thinking about things and sorta getting things from my past, something that hasn't happened to me in a while... i just wanted to share

12. brandonveg

brandonveg Member

how do you smoke HERB out of a lightbulb? I only know of one thing that can be smoked out fo a lightbulb and i dont touch that shit anymore

13. nesta

nesta Banned

plenty of things can be smoked out of a lightbulb, and they all work the same way.

any chemical that can be "smoked" can be done out of a lightbulb pipe (or better yet an oil pipe, DMT pipe, or similar shaped paraphernelia) just as easily as a test tube or anything else. take DMT, DPT, 5-MeO-DMT, PCP, methamphetamine, crack cocaine, heroin, all sorts of stuff both dangerous and otherwise.

marijuana, hashish and hash oil can all be used out of a lightbulb in a similar fashion. the idea is to keep turning it (if you're using herb rather than hash or oil) so that it never gets too hot to actually burn, but still gets it hot enough to vaporize the THC. doing this manually is nearly impossible to do efficiently. a vaporizer is a lot more consistant; doing it by hand will tend to scorch the weed in some places or worse yet be too cool to actually vaporize other areas.

it is pretty much the single least efficient method of vaporizing pot, but it CAN work. not only is it the least efficient, its the most prone to actually burning, and more prone to tasting nasty.

you really might as well either get a real vaporizer or just smoke it.

other than the turning and so on, it is smoked like almost anything else out of a similar peice.

14. _toker_

_toker_ Toking Up

nesta, you make a great point.

recently I have been experimenting with these two methods (smoking and vaping)... i've been smoking for some time, and decided to try something different and chose vaping not for the health issues or taste factor, i did it because I was told that the high would be different. After learning how to use my bulb efficiently (keep it moving, shaking it or turning it, applying flame and increasing distance to keep the temp constant), I saw that indeed it is different. More intense, but less overwhelming.

Yet I missed the overwhelming sensation. So I tried combining smoking and vaping, and just now I tried a new way of accomplishing this combo with just the lightbulb. Seeking a vap trip and a body trip that only smoking produces, I would vap with the lightbulb correctly, and keep doing that until I was good and head-trippy. Then i chose to keep heating the next "bowl" until it just started burning and smoked like that until I felt the body sensation creeping in. Currently I'm tripping this way and am thoroughly enjoying it.

I guess that everybody should choose what gets them high like and how they want, and depending on what they want to get out of the THC intake method.

15. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

^How many "pinches" i guess of weed did u use in the vap? I have the same one and never know how much to use. Although, I'm trying to figure out how to order from vaporbrothers without the parents being any the wiser.

16. _toker_

_toker_ Toking Up

hehe, i tried to keep count but did't remeber after like 3.... i use not to big pinches, really rather completely cash a small pinch than supposedly do it with a bigger one... used about 6? i dunno, i'd leave it, trying to keep the flame at a distance that would maintain the temp, and until the weed is brownish almost even black. take several hits out of each pinch.

17. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

how does the vape high compare to the resin high? the vape high occurs before any combustion has modified any cannabinoids. the resin high occurs after the cannabinoids have been subjected to combustion extendedly, and in fact repeatedly.

both highs are unlike smoking herb in that none of the plant mass has been smoken.

so by comparing the highs, it can be discerned! :
    the extent to which there are chemicals in the plant which effect the high other than cannabinoids

and the extent to which combustion influences the cannabinoid's action

someone should try vaping resin. well you may as well just hotknife it eh