Any nude communes?

Discussion in 'Communal Living' started by PowerMaster, Dec 30, 2005.

1. PowerMaster

PowerMaster Member

Anyone know of any nude communal living? Whether stationary or traveling?

2. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

A commune that is always clothing-optional like in nature, that the small Human society places have refused, would be lovely a commune that needs no 'rules' that the vibe is just do what feels good as long as everyone's desires is respected.~ Nudity is a natural state, if you have a problem with that, it's your problem not mine.~

3. BlissRainbow

BlissRainbow Member

Anyone ever seen the movie Wanderlust?~ A commune sort of like that!~ ^_^ Where everyone is welcome!~ ;p Minus the forced vegetarianism.~ :)

4. Gerald

Gerald Member

Hippie communities in NZ in the 1970s were generally tolerant of nudity, especially those with an open door policy and these were located in rural areas. Some actively tolerated nudity, such as Wilderland, and Renaissance. There were none that had nudity 24/7 or were clothing optional as such all the time: that would be impractical in NZ owing to the cold of winter. With Sun clubs the expectation is that you are naked conditions permitting such as on a warm sunny day. I don't know of any hippie communities who had an understanding such as that. Even at Wilderland where there was a fair amount of nudity from about 1971-1985 (when the open door nature of the community changed) there was no understanding that it was expected.

5. John Kennedy

John Kennedy Member

In June I'm going to a clothing optional commune in N. CA Old John.

6. AlchemistGeorge

AlchemistGeorge Living Communally since 1995

FWIW if you have a clothing optional situation, every teenage boy within miles will know about it, once word gets out you will have peeping toms and trespassers.

We haven't had any nudity on our property since the mid-seventies, and we still get the local teens.

The other thing to note is that if you have kids, it will get complicated for them to bring their friends over to play, etc. Or their friends may not be allowed to come and visit.

Just some things to keep in mind.

7. John Kennedy

John Kennedy Member

If the commune is 18 miles from town down a dirt road. When I was there before about half walked around nude or with some clothes on.