snorting codeine

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by high_down_under, Dec 25, 2005.

1. high_down_under

high_down_under Member

worth a try, or just easier to eat?

will sniffing it change the effects in anyway?
    any risks?
    etc etc

2. JayBird

JayBird Member

Just take the tabs. They come mixed with acetominophen or whatever. They burn, and don't dissolve right. And it's just not worth going through that for simple codeine. Oxycontin, maybe.

3. generic

generic Member

well if you do a cold water extraction you can get like 250mg of ceodeine with a minimal amount of aci..(whatever you call it in america we call it paracetamol)

4. JayBird

JayBird Member

250mg is a fair amount of Codeine. Tylenol 3 contains 20mg of Codeine per tab, so you're talking about 12 1/2 tabs.

5. Nimrod's Apprentice

Nimrod's Apprentice Member

Don't do opiates, don't do pills, and do sniff pills whatever you do. Its fake and wussy, no real effects. You gotta pop them. If you want to sniff an opiate you mind as well just get some Oxy or heroin. And not waste your time on shitty pills and just die.

6. LSDPsychonaut

LSDPsychonaut Member

Codeine is converted to morphine by the liver after ingestion. Snorting won't work.

7. DXMsucks

DXMsucks Member

Ermmmm yes snorting any opiates will work. It give more of a "rush" b/c of faster absorption rates in your mucos membranes.

But it isn't smart to snort up crushed pills. If you extract it is still a whole hell of alot better but still not to smart.

Saying snorting codein dosn't work is like saying snorting cocaine won't work, it just dosn't make sense.

8. LSDPsychonaut

LSDPsychonaut Member

I'm sorry... but you're clearly mistaken.. have you ever even tried to snort codiene?

(http://www.drugrehabamerica.net/FAQ-codeine.htm)

9. DXMsucks

DXMsucks Member

Yeah dumbass of course they aren't going to tell you to stick something up your nose....

10. LSDPsychonaut

LSDPsychonaut Member

Fuck you. It has to go through your fucking liver. Go fucking snort some codeine and then tell me if it works, untill then, keep your foot up your ass.

11. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

Dude's right, codiene can't be snorted... it is metabolized into morphine in your liver. Also, there is a ceiling around 60mg where it's impossible to metabolize anymore...
    So yeah, you're wrong, then when someone corrects you you respond with childish profanity and name calling, grow up, seriously.

12. FareakinOut

FareakinOut Member

K, i've done codiene after i did a cold water extraction of it with my friend. It tasted like shit. It mellows you out though and we just had a nice calm conversation about basically everything for a few hours. And he said he liked walking around and it felt good or something..so he walked around in circles in my room for about 2 hours.lol Don't snort it. It's a nice once in a while thing. It made me feel good the next day too.

13. 2cesarewild

2cesarewild I'm an idiot.

14. decaf

decaf Member

so wait, it magically bypasses the liver if it's absorbed through the mucus membranes of the nose rather than the GI tract ? :lol:
    jesus somebody needs to go read up on their fucking anatomy.
    snorting codeine will work fine, almost anything water soluble will work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insufflation#As_a_method_of_administering_drugs

it's even mentioned as one of the "commonly insufflated psychoactive substances"

15. Lukec886

Lukec886 Member

I am prob. wasting my time but I thought that I would clear this up for anyone who is considering admistering codeine in this manner and is curious.
    LSD is almost completley correct in his point. Codeine works in the body because it is metabolized and converted within the liver. Because of this it is the best route to take ir orally as a much greater amount will pass though the liver faster delivering the desired effect.
    The drug is consumed by first pass metabolism as it goes through the cell walls of the gut and is filtered through the liver. If it is taken by insufflation the codeine, which is practially useless within the body until coverted, will eventually pass though the liver but in much lower concentration and over a longer period of time because it would be travelling with the blood stream as oppose to through the gut (the more direct route to the liver).
    The effects from using this route of administration would be so small they would not even be sensed by the user and would probably experience more discomfort from the stinging of the nostrils and a nasty tasing drip than positive effects.

16. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

For those of you that are arguing over this, it has never been proven exactly how codiene works to effect the body the way it does. According to this medical journal article,http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...ve&db=PubMed&list_uids=11092114&dopt=Abstract
    codiene conversion to morphine is not the primary way it effects the body(only about 5%). 80% of codiene is coverted to codeine-6-glucuronide, which is the primary active principal.

17. 4rson

4rson Member

LSDPsychonaut im not trying to burst your bubble, but i stumbled across these forums by a google search of "snorting codeine" and the reason was because i just snorted a 50mg codiene( I dont think they have them in america, i got it from a panamanian pharmacy) and i got extremely high, and about to whole liver thing..your partially correct, but anything in the blood stream is filtered by the liver, and snorting something puts it in your blood stream, and it puts it there ALOT faster than digesting it cause it absorbs into your mucas membranes, i know that site says differently but they are misinformed...oh but even though i got high i would not recommend snorting it cause my nose is bleeding pretty bad, so its prolly not MEANT to be snorted..lol, but it can be done.

18. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

No drug that is not water soluble should be snorted. You are just going to get a real bad headache a fucked up nose and its a waist of the drug. all lowerclass pain killers should be just eaten thats it. only shoot and snort the stronger opite painkillers that are watersoluble ? Also 4rson not all drugs that hit the blood are filtered buy your liver when you use Drugs IV it buy passes the liver and goes right to the brain. and like Lukec886 says the only reason you people are getting any high at all from snorted codeine is because of the drip when snorted thats it. You are better off and will get a better high and alot less nose problums from eating all painkillers that are not water soluble ! Bottom line its just a waste

19. cokebugz

cokebugz Member

i snort codeine regularily, it works for some i guess, the codeine i sniff is pure phosphate, the main reason niggaz say it dun work, is because there is no pure codeine available unless u extract the shit out of it

20. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

Wow, you guys are misinformed.

First off, it's not water solubility that matters when insufflating drugs. It's lipid solubility. This is my source of that information. It specifically talks about benzos, but shows that what matters is lipid solubility.

Also, codeine phosphate (the ingredient in Tylenol 3) is readily water soluble, as almost all opiates are. Why else would a CWE (cold water extraction for those who may not know) leave your codeine in the water while your acetaminophen floats on top? If it wasn't water-soluble, the codeine would float. I can't find a legit source to say anything about codeine sulphate.

Now as to whether or not it works intranasally, I have no real idea. I just thought I'd clear up some of the arguments by posting good sources of info.