What to do with my stems?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Dan Vicente, Dec 23, 2005.

1. TeaWithATwist

TeaWithATwist Banned

Smoking stems is just fucking nasty. Open up a stem, do you see all that junk on the inside? No different than smoking wood.

2. Echo the Small

Echo the Small Member

Stems: Buy yourself a bottle of vodka and throw a bunch of the stems in and leave to infuse for 3-4 weeks. The Vodka will pick up a slight marijuana flavour but will also absorb the THC. I'm not really a drinker my self but my ex-flatmate did it all the time and it was actually really nice with ice and juice and a joint.

3. ravio11i

ravio11i Member

I'll second the bottle of vodka idea... Gotta love the green dragon i've got a bottle going that i just drop all my stems and occaisonaly a lil bit of nug in...mostly i just dont bother to clean my stems very well and leave some leaf on them. Just set it ina dark place as the light will break down the unprotected thc (not a problem in the buds cause really the light only hits the outside and you dont store it as long) let the vodka get really dark, take a shot or two and get fucked up then just replace what you drink with more vodka...keep that shit goin.
    Rob

4. jonny ferrier

jonny ferrier Member

making bubble hash

grind up all stems to a small size put into a ceramic or glass bowl (a mason jar is ideal) add enough acetone (nail polish remover soluble in gasses) to cover the stems seal and leave for 24 hours. (adding marbles to the mix and shaking every so often helps to speed the process) strain this mix through a sieve or silkscreen into another bowl you should have a greeny brown liquid this will evaporate into a sticky mass the time varies asto how much of the mixture you have this is your hash freeze then remove from bowl or wipe small amounts of acetone in circles around the bowl into a cake. the best way to smoke this is to heat a knife tip and stab into the hash and inhale the vapours through a tube (hold it down its to good to waste) the high is much more uplifting and less lazy than skunk. this product can be cut tobacco ground weed the stalks from the acetone or anything you want to cut it with. try not to expose to flame as this breaks down some of the tetrohydrocannibinol making it less potent finnaly enjoy

5. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I always smoke them. never had a problem. SOmetimes they are a little harsh, but that is it. If I am smoking with a bunch of people or with people who i pretty much just met I do't use my good shit so the stuff I use almost always has some stem in it.

6. Infinite Sky

Infinite Sky Member

I usually end up chewing on mine (often without taking notice) as they have a tendency to pile up on and around my desk. Doing so won't get you high or anything, but stems beat the shit out of fingernails and pen caps.

7. deltron2000

deltron2000 Member

i heard from someone that you can chew stems and it will get you a little high.

8. trailerparkboy

trailerparkboy Heat Bag

well someone lied to you

9. jusdino4it

jusdino4it DR. Lifetime Supporter

Unless you buying organic weed, theres a good chance theres chemicals on there. Bad idea.

10. Burnt

Burnt Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Acetone is some pretty nasty stuff, that carries a lot of health concerns with it. If your looking for a solvent to remome the THC from the stems or any chemical compound from any plant or herb I would recomend Everclear or any grain alcohol. It does take much more time to evaporate though.

11. DonVito

DonVito Senior Member

ive been saving up my stems for a while now and i just tried about a half ounce of them with the butane extraction method. it worked out pretty well even better if i had more stems. using butane is so much easier then anything else it evaporates so quick. i did it outside in the cold and as soon as i put the bowl in a bigger bowl of hot water it started to boil off. it was actually only about like 12 grams that i use all ground up. i didnt weight it or anything but i got a few drops worth. i actually got more then i was expecting to. i just made my extractor with a short piece of pvc pipe and then some end caps. im definatly going to be saving my stems so i can try this again lol.