Retarded Bass Player!!

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by Inavacuum, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

He's always telling other people they can come record at my house all time w/o even asking me if it is okay or if I'm gonna be able to do it that day! He's hasnt been wih us long but he's getting terribly annoying, also he is alawys like making up gigs. Like gigs where we re 75% not gonna play at he's like man o man wooo yea a gig woo. It pisses me off. he's alawys messina round when we are trying to seriously practice. Also he's not extremely talented. We need a new bass player, but nobody here really plays. Its bullshit.

1 person likes this.
  2. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I had a retared bassist myself. He couldn't play. It's not that he couldn't play in time or he couldn't do the right not changes, he just couldn't fucking play. The rest of the band was playing fine, but there's this dark muddiness, what could it be? Hum... The only reason we had him is because our guitarist had hope that he could learn. But he didn't learn quick enough for us, so thankfully the guitarist decided to give up his hope and we dropped the shatty bass player. So now I'm playing bass on all of our recordings, but we're still looking for a new bass player.

3. sleepy_d777

sleepy_d777 Member

funny,but it seems to me that bass players are notorious for being fuck ups.i mean, you've got the raging alcoholic bass player ,for example......who by the third set is falling into the drum kit....you've got the chronically late ,lame excuse making kinda bass player....and the cat who insists he 'll be dedicated but does't show up for your new years eve gig......(sigh) i could go on for days.........anyhoo....sorry,if i've offended any sober ,timely,dedicated bassists ,in here! get used to it if you're gonna be a musician,inavacuum....just comes with the territory,little bro!.....good luck to your band...peace

4. Kris?

Kris? Senior Member

I wonder if thats why people say I should be a bass player! :p

5. lost in smoke

lost in smoke Member

your alll bastards!!!!!!!! hehe

6. sleepy_d777

sleepy_d777 Member

hey lost in smoke......that's the kindest thing anyones called me all day! thanx!!!!!!!

7. lost in smoke

lost in smoke Member

lol soz i play the bass n it seems unless u are Flea, Pastorius or Bootsie u jus get jipp, if anyone round southwest england n wanna hear me play with my band u can hear sum pretty funky metal arrrr yea! lol jus tryin to big up the bass communitty- but yea there are bassists who jus play it coz they are too scared to lead ha

8. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

I played bass in a band or 2 in high school, and I didn't want to do it cause I didn't wanna lead. I did it cause they already had a guitarist, but didn't have a bass player, so I jumped on that position with impressive results, but too bad those bands didn't last too long.

Right now my band has only 4 members, 3 guitarists (myself included) and our main lyricist (who dabbles a little in guitar and percussion, but not with us, and I say main because we all right our own songs with our own lyrics, but he writes only lyrics and we compose the music to them). We're still looking for a bassist and a drummer, and one of our guitarists knows a classically trained pianist/vocalist, who lives far away from us.

But in the meantime, I'm playing bass, drums, and keyboards on our recordings, along with the guitar tracks the the 3 of us already record.

9. Lemongait

Lemongait Member

As much as I love bass, and playing my lovely fretless, being a bassist is damn hard on one's self-esteem! My goodness! In the modern world, the only people more hated are politicians.
    From my experience, though, the few drummers you find around are pretty flaky. I've never met a reliable one, though I've met a couple straight-up good ones, that's sure.

10. wooohooosteveo

wooohooosteveo Member

Hey sleepy.....damn i wish i could argue with your post but you just described me like you knew me. DAMN. I used to be responsible, too :)

OK, musicians - any Geddy Lee fans still around?

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

12. infinito

infinito Member

Woah, weird. I know a guy that's a bass player and his friends he does music with say he's horribly unreliable. Bass players I guess.

The moral is, if you're not a flaky bass player, you will be in high demand.

13. Neo-hippie

Neo-hippie Member

Thanks, that's nice to hear! ;) [​IMG]

14. infinito

infinito Member

haha no problem

15. briezie13

briezie13 Members

damn guys, apparently you havent had luck with bass players. I can say the same thing about drummers and guitar players...its the individual, not the intrument that makes them shitty or flaky.

16. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Well, it's been seven years.

1 person likes this.
  17. briezie13

briezie13 Members

Heh, I've been through 5 drummers in 4 months. Not one of them thinking they need to practice, yet cant seem to finish a song at the same tempo they started in...plus other factors.

18. BlondeSunshine

BlondeSunshine Members

He sounds like a drag. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. briezie13

briezie13 Members

No doubt...I would have walked away from that in a minute.

20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Seeing as the posts run 2005-2008, I'm betting the musicians have a) moved on to new players or b) are now accountants, teachers or in rehab.

2 people like this.