Burning Man/ Local Burns and Black Rock City

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by drumminmama, Dec 25, 2004.

1. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

The camaraderie of off-road pilots makes it better each year. Burners share things. For me, it's ice cream and airplane rides. Flying a Pitts upside down 10 feet above the sand. Mandatory reading for aviators: www.portofentry.org General Airport Info: www.burningman.com/on_the_playa/airport Stay up to date on airport changes: lists.burningman.com/mailman/listinfo/aviators-list For family events: www.blackrockkids.org

2. homebrewnorcal

homebrewnorcal Member

SOOOOOO stoked!!!!

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

4. homebrewnorcal

homebrewnorcal Member

I just threw a crackin regional in daly city

5. delilah sunshyne

delilah sunshyne Member

I cant do Burning Man. It's too epic of an adventure. Too much dust, not enough sleep, expensive tickets and travel plans. Maybe if I had more cash, but every year I plan to go, the expenses just freak me out. I have a BUNCH of friends going this year, belonging to many different camps, but I just cant bring myself to make that much effort. 'im lazy and cheap ;)

I'm lucky enough to live in an area where there are great local burns all year. Flipside is my fav and anything that goes down at Recreation Plantation (rec plant) is a good enough time for me!

6. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

7. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

The most comfortable way to stay at Burning Man is in a RV.

8. tropical2some

tropical2some Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So who was able to get tickets this year? (We were lucky and got ours in the first lottery...)

9. boobytrap

boobytrap Member

i enjoy watching burning man on my computer.i live several hours from the playa and watched it grow from a summer rite of passage in 1986 to what it is today.i rember the first year when the black rock was left so soiled it was embaressing to say i thought it was a good idea.thank you whom ever had the smarts to include a clean up crew to playa city it may just be a dry desert to some but to others it is a beautiful land.i will be watching from home again this year.have fun and pick up what you drop.

10. iamtigerpaw

iamtigerpaw Member

if anyone comes across an extra ticket please please keep me in mind! thanks

much love, TP

11. LonelyPlanet

LonelyPlanet Member

LOL who needs a ticket.. just go whos stopping you?

12. yobe

yobe Member

MUTANT BURN 2.0

Friday, 31 August 2012
    Grand Junction, Michigan

august 31st - sept 2nd 2012

if you are a teacher, creator, healer, vendor, artist, musician, canner, d.i,y'er, homesteader, and want to set up a booth at the Mutant Burn 2.0,,,,,please message us so we can place you,,,we encourage gifting,,,, no money exchanging hands at this event.

13. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

So did anyone go to the Burn? Did we cross paths? It was absolutely amazing.

14. Perilless

Perilless Member

Are you a regular burner, Voyage? I went in 2009...but havent been able to get the money together to go again (Flights from europe + ticket is a helluva lot) How was it this year? Each time I miss it I get a little bit more determined to make it over there again...

15. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

No, it was my virgin year. As for how it was, I have no yardstick by which to compare but it was simply amazing, a true experience.
    That you were able to fly here and attend is quite a feat. It cost me quite a bit too and that's without a trans european flight. I'm glad you too got to experience it and hope you get another chance. I think I may HAVE to go again.

16. Penguin420

Penguin420 Guest

Just got back from Burning Man, Australia. I am at complete loss of words to describe how mind blowing it was. Hope to make it out to the Nevada one sometime in the future.

17. NovexusPrime

NovexusPrime Grand Poobah

Is there anything in East Texas?

18. curiosity36

curiosity36 Guest

Any regional Burns going on in the midwest?
    No luck with Lakes of Fire tickets and Electric Forest seems to have a more commercial vibe...

19. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

anyone going this year?

20. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

no one else ?

[​IMG]