Uhh...AM I DYING??

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by rubytuesday, Dec 2, 2005.

1. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

I have really severe cramps...I've always had them, but lately I've been wondering if maybe they're not a sign of something BAD--like say, endometriosis, or a predisposition for cervical cancer, or something else...
    It's hard to have that much pain and not have something wrong with you.

*worried*

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

see your doctor or gynecologist... they'll be able to answer medical questions a lot better than we can

3. ydnim

ydnim hiya

Yeah. How old are you? They might put you on birth control. It helps some people with severe cramps. Don't worry too much but get to a doctor.

4. *josai*

*josai* Member

have you tried anything for your cramps????
    i used to have HORRIBLE cramps, totally debilitating, missing work & school, laying in bed all day cramps! i read in an herbal book that increasing your calcium for a full 10 days before your cycle begins would help. you can do this with a cal/mag supplement or through diet & herbs. since i started paying attention to this, i have NOT had cramps! maybe you could try this & if it reduces your cramps, you could at least lay your worries to rest
    hope this helps & that you feel better soon!
    (((hugs)))

5. Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes Bekkasaur

You're not dying... even if you have something like endomitriosis it wont kill you and the doctor can help fix it for you :)

Don't worry so much. That's a lot coming from me, I worry lots. But, like everyone said just go to your gyno or doctor and get it checked out. If nothing is wrong maybe it's just some sort of change in your hormonal balance. I get changes in my period often.

Otherwise, try heating pads. They work really well I think. Im not one for aspirin or Midol, it gives me a stomach ache, so I rely on heat.

6. Super_Grrl

Super_Grrl Crazy love

^^^
    A&O is right on - heat is amazing. I also find too if I put my shower massage on the gentle massage and put it (not directly) on the spots that hurt, it helps ease the muscles. Seriously though, if the pain is really bad and continuous and starts really interfering in your life, go to the doctor. Discomfort with PMS or your period is normal, but PAIN is not - believe me, I had to learn the hard way, and only got to the bottom of it almost 10 years later.

7. Green

Green Iconoclastic

We're all dying.

8. lovelightlisa

lovelightlisa Senior Member

yeah thats what they did for me, gave me birthcontrol

9. twiztidrainbow

twiztidrainbow Senior Member

You're not dying..
    No worries..

10. GypsyPriestess

GypsyPriestess Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's called Dysmenorrhea, and there are a number of ways to treat it. For me, birth control didn't work, in fact, it made it worse. Now I'm on a regiment of daily calcium and iron, plus for the week prior to my period, I have to cut almost all salt and fat out of my diet. Talk to your gyn, and calm down! It won't kill you, just make you miserable until you get it under control.

11. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

yesh...*sigh*...ah well.

12. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

aww...thanks!!

Yes...that is exactly what I have...horrible all-day cramps, no school, no work etc. THANKS for that tip about the calcium....I haven't heard that one before, I'll definitely try it.

:) Thanks!

13. peaceXcore

peaceXcore Member

birth control helps a lot!
    I'm on it because i would have my period one week, have it off for a week and then have it again the next week. Or i would have it for about 11 days. And i would have bad cramps. Midol helps a lot too.

14. rubytuesday

rubytuesday Member

EEEE! That does not sound good. You have my sympathies.

I did use Midol, but it doesn't work so well...I've been using Vicodin lately because it's really the only thing that works for me. Other things just dull the pain, but don't really get rid of it. I hate to be using such a high-intensity drug, but there's not much else left for me.

15. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

If it's endometriosis eliminating parabens (they are in everything from shampoo to laundry soap to dish soap to....), chlorine (filter, even in the shower, filter) and hormone treated products (alotta eggs and milk) will generally cease the aggrivation and bring the endo under a bit of control. It feeds off chemicals that mask as estrogen. Also giving your body natural estrogen producers such as wild yam helps a ton.

16. arlia

arlia Members

know the feeling!!!!
    id spend the 1st 2 days puking and fainting and not being able to walk it was so painful.
    it wasnt until my housemate ( who is a nurse)
    saw how ill i was, i had puked alot and then fainted on the bathroom floor and she made me go to the doctors and they put me on some medication and its much better now.......altohugh the medication made me go a bit doolaly at first and i got sent home from work coz it made me look stoned!

17. hippiewise

hippiewise Member

hi rubytuesday,
    i always had sever cramps too from the time i started my period at l0 years old. did you start your periods very early? i had problems all through my life and with my pregnancies too. my problem turned out to be endrometriosis. i wish the doctors had discovered it early. i think you should go in for a pelvic. by getting a exam you can get your problems taken care of while you are young. maybe just a simple DNC, which is just the scapping of the lining of the uterus, just an office visit.don't be scared, and it will be worth going to the doctor to stop all your monthly pain. i would suggest a female doctor as i feel they are more understanding and aware of female problems than male doctors.
    angel

18. Keanua Otter

Keanua Otter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

hippiewise is absolutely correct. this will fix the problem, same thing happened to me at 21.

19. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

I agree, go talk to a doctor and get a pelvic exam. BUT, don't worry too much. I get severe cramps, the sort where it's a good month if I can stand up straight that day, it's a bad month when I have to crawl to the bathroom to puke from the pain. People on here (years ago, don't even remember who, muchless know if they're still around) pretty much convinced me I probably had endo. Which, of course, scared me, so I procrastinated on dealing with it. When I finally got the guts to ask my doc about it, she asked about all these various symptoms... Turns out there is a LOT more to diagnosing endo than just bad cramps. So definitely ask, but don't freak out until you hear it from a doc (even then, it's treatable, just a pain in the ass and probably expensive w/o insurance).

Some of us are just unlucky enuf to have bad cramps. :(

20. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

I have stage four endo and its not treatable..ive had all the hormone therapy for it (lupron, Danazol, and 8+different kinds of birth control) had 10+ surgeries for it and it comes back...Its MORE then just a pain in the ass.. Its a living hell..
    I am now having to consider a hysterectomy as my last option...and even then it still can come back...
    And I have insurance and its still expensive and has left me in debt...But for the most part I agree with everything you said...about not worrying yourself cause people just can have bad cramps w/o having a disease...

as for the original poster, the only thing you can do is talk to your gyno..your gyno will be able to determine better then anyone..