Can Hydroponic Mushrooms Contain THC?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by Jclark, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Jclark

Jclark Member

Can Hydroponic Mushrooms Contain THC? If SO how is it possible? If NOT how can you be so sure? Is there a way to test the mushrooms for THC? My Friend is on Probation and can not have THC in his system at all. This is very important!!

PLEASE HELP US FIGURE THIS OUT!!!!!!!

2. nesta

nesta Banned

you're so incredibly mixed up about everything that i don't even know where to begin.

first of all, THC is a cannabinoid, it is only naturally found in cannabis. have you heard of genetics or heredity or anything? how about species, not to mention kingdoms? NO mushroom is going to produce THC because NO mushroom is anywhere close to being related to the cannabis plant, there simply aren't any genes dictating that the fungus should produce THC.

furthermore i'm not sure what you mean by "hydroponic" mushrooms. mushrooms (at least, the most commonly cultivated psychedelic mushrooms, Psilocybe cubensis) are roughly 90% water. they must be grown in very humid conditions, and i suppose you could say they're grown hydroponically since they use water and non-soil nutrition to grow. however, this is nothing at ALL like the hydroponic systems used to grow pot. however, no grower i've ever heard of would call their mushrooms "hydroponic," and it would be a moot point to make if they did. they are no different from any other type of mushroom of the same species. perhaps a lower potency in many cases than the wild mushrooms.

it sounds like you don't even know the first thing about basic genetics and reproduction (you know - making babies) not to mention the first thing about any of the drugs you're taking. i think it's of the utmost importance that you stop doing drugs immediately and take some time to grow up and learn a thing or two about what you're doing to yourself before you do something you regret later.

i'm really not trying to be an ass, it's just that the fact that anyone could even ASK a question like this blows my mind.

tell me - can a plant have a brain? if not, how can you be so sure?

3. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Jclark, I'm not sure if you have ever heard of www.erowid.org or not, but either way, you need to pay the site a visit and do a little research.

If you have no idea what erowid is, it is basically the library or better yet, the bible of common psychoactive substances. PLEASE do some research.

4. Jclark

Jclark Member

I am asking If Mushrooms were grown near a Pot plant is there anyway for the THC from the plant to get into the mushrooms. I am not a fucking Idiot so please do not treat me as such. All I need is a concrete yes it is possible and explain why or a NO and We can leave it at that.

5. nesta

nesta Banned

i already said no!

6. Jclark

Jclark Member

How can you be so sure?

7. nesta

nesta Banned

BECAUSE MUSHROOMS ARENT POT

NO mushroom of ANY sort EVER produces THC. the ONLY organism in the world that is known to produce THC is the cannabis plant, hence the name tetrahydrocannabinol

no means of growing mushrooms will change the genetics that determine how the mushroom grows and what it can and cannot produce. and mushrooms CANNOT and WILL NOT produce THC, period, no matter how close it is to a pot plant.

however, cannabis and mushrooms need quite different environments to really thrive, so while they may be grown in the same general vicinity they should NOT be grown side by side, and in fact such a feat would be terribly difficult to pull off.

cannabis does not produce psilocybin, psilocin, or baeocystin, and neither do psilocybian mushrooms produce THC.

you may as well ask if a person could grow fur all over their bodies simply because they live near dogs.

8. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

Let me put it this way, clark, if you grew up with a dog in the house, would you grow a tail?

Edit: goddamnit, I didn't see that nesta allready stuck that in at the end of his post... dont I feel unoriginal now =(

9. nesta

nesta Banned

10. Jclark

Jclark Member

Ok thanks for the Help. For all of you I understand that Mushrooms do not produce THC. My question this whole time is if it is possible That THC could somehow get into the Muchroom.

11. Jclark

Jclark Member

Ok thanks for the Help. For all of you I understand that Mushrooms do not produce THC. My question this whole time is if it is possible That THC could somehow get into the Mushroom.

12. nesta

nesta Banned

NO!

it could get ON the mushroom, just like anything else, but it will not be present IN the mushroom. i mean, if a mushroom were vigorously rubbed against some good bud or hash were crumbled up over it, but even then it would take a lot of effort to get enough on there that eating mushrooms would deliver not only psychedelic tryptamines but a psychoactive dosage of thc. and even if it did, so long as your friend doesnt smoke regularly at all, and hasnt for a month or so, it should be out of his system in no time. its something that accumulates in your body...the more you smoke, the more time it takes to get your system free of THC metabolites. if you don't use pot often at all, then a single isolated use should leave no evidence of usage after less than a week.

13. Jclark

Jclark Member

Cool. Ya he has not smoked in 4 months so if there even is a few crystals on a Mushroom then the typicall Urine test will not detect that even if he was tested the day after he takes the mushrooms. Right?

14. Jclark

Jclark Member

Should I just ran alittle cold water on them before we eat them just to make sure that no Crystals are present?

15. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

Your friend is fucked. There are millions of tiny thc crystals on the mushrooms. Duh, that's what makes you trip.;)

16. Jclark

Jclark Member

HAHAHA very funny. I am trying to make sure he does not go to jail man.

17. TokeTrip

TokeTrip Senior Member

Duh! Nesta, you tricky person, you.
    All that fuzz and stuff is thc, because its been supercarbonated and made brown. Everyone knows that.

18. nesta

nesta Banned

ugh i give up...

19. nesta

nesta Banned

and that was a different poster, not me, toketrip

20. Jclark

Jclark Member

Nesta has help me more than any of you. It is really not funny when I am asking a serious question and I get idiots butting in and act like idiots.