59 replies to this topic

#1 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 12 2005 - 06:41 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Remember how we were all over Scott Peterson for killing an "unborn" baby?

Apparently you can give birth to it, put it in a plastic bag til it dies, and that's maybe 90 days.

#2 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 12 2005 - 06:42 PM

Oh. Sorry. Time served (3.5 mo)

#3 mynameiskc

mynameiskc

way to go noogs!

• Members
  • 25,458 posts

Posted November 12 2005 - 07:36 PM

is that a "partial birth abortion" then?
:stunned: :worthy:
it's over. it's done. ain't you glad?

#4 Green

Green

Iconoclastic

• Members
  • 4,580 posts

Posted November 12 2005 - 08:05 PM

"The mother knows best"- Anonymous
Eat, or be eaten.

#5 sugrmag

sugrmag

Uber Nerd

• Members
  • 2,233 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 06:31 AM

It looks like pre-meditative murder to me. She had the garbage bag all ready to stuff that poor baby in.
"I want to see it untame itself and break its owner."

#6 verseau_miracle

verseau_miracle

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,928 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 06:34 AM

Sick
All life is a precious miracle

#7 Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes

Bekkasaur

• Members
  • 2,770 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 10:55 AM

http://news.yahoo.co...HNlYwN5bmNhdA--

Remember how we were all over Scott Peterson for killing an "unborn" baby?

Apparently you can give birth to it, put it in a plastic bag til it dies, and that's maybe 90 days.

Scott Peterson also abducted his wife.

I'm not saying this is right, that this woman only gets 90 days for killing a child--- it's horrible in fact.

But, I don't think you can completely compare it to the Scott Peterson case.

#8 Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes

Bekkasaur

• Members
  • 2,770 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 11:01 AM

Reading that, really boggles my mind.

23 years old, and they are making the excuse for her that "She was desperate and trying to hide the pregnancy"

I could MORE understand a 16 year old girl who did that, hiding it from her parents, etc... even so, it's wrong, but come on. 23 years old, she's a grown woman.

And if she was going to kill the baby anyway, why didn't she just get an abortion in the first place. Come on.

The world is so fucked sometimes, it makes me cringe.

#9 Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix

Imagine

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 11:44 AM

Totally agree

So sad

"Yesterday is dead. Tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it."

#10 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • 9,226 posts

Posted November 13 2005 - 12:12 PM

It happens more often than we think. When I was in 5th or 6th grade, a high schooler in my town gave birth to a baby in the girls' bathroom and threw it in the garbage can. They never found out who did it...I don't think, but Pearl Jam wrote a song about it on their Vitology album to show that even small towns are dysfunctional.

Anyway...it's really sad and pathetic all at the same time. What is our world coming to?
Everything in nature is connected...

#11 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 10:26 AM

Point is, we were trying to see what we could charge an EVIL MAN with for MURDERING his UNBORN BABY

a woman premeditatedly chucks hers in a plastic bag to suffocate it, and apparently "time served" (three months or so) is OK.

#12 daisymae

daisymae

I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy

• Members
  • 17,010 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 11:14 AM

It sounds like she was crazy.....

Before going to work the day after the birth, Anderwald stuffed the garbage bag in her bedroom closet where her mother later found it.

Co-workers said she was happy and told them an operation to remove a tumour the size of a watermelon had been a success.

Sane people do not stuff dead bodies in their closet and be all chipper about it....

Posted Image

#13 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 11:33 AM

Poor girl. She must have been under a lot of stress.

Mind you, if a guy did it, we wouldn't have that reaction but "cold blooded, reptilian, murdering phallocrat CACKLES IN EVIL GLEE as his poor, innocent baby gasped its last breath encased in plastic...."

#14 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • 9,226 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 11:36 AM

IronGoth...we all know how you feel about men and women getting treated differently...

And frankly...it's getting pretty tired.

#15 daisymae

daisymae

I'm a Rhinestone Cowboy

• Members
  • 17,010 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 11:44 AM

Yes, don't you have any other songs? The "I hate women" theme song is worn right the hell out.

Posted Image

#16 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 11:54 AM

Just a little reminder.

You keep saying you earn less than men for the same job, even though it's a lie...

#17 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • 9,226 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 11:59 AM

Boy, you're a woman-hater and you're uninformed...

Check your statistics again...the average income rate for men IS, in fact, higher than women in the same career.

#18 wiggy

wiggy

Bitch

• Members
  • 3,467 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 03:37 PM

Omg i never heard about this - i know it happens alot and its horrible - to think she did that and only got a while in prision - sure she must have been under stess etc. But alot of people cope being under all sort - i surpose she was ill mentally - i dont understand it. Fuckin sick if you ask me
Posted Image

#19 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 03:38 PM

RE: Check your statistics again...the average income rate for men IS, in fact, higher than women in the same career

Check YOUR statistics again - it's not for the same career with the same experience.

#20 MikeE

MikeE

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • 4,547 posts

Posted November 14 2005 - 05:08 PM

It happens more often than we think. When I was in 5th or 6th grade, a high schooler in my town gave birth to a baby in the girls' bathroom and threw it in the garbage can. They never found out who did it...I don't think, but Pearl Jam wrote a song about it on their Vitology album to show that even small towns are dysfunctional.

Anyway...it's really sad and pathetic all at the same time. What is our world coming to?

(emphasis added)

It seems to me that the high schooler is dysfunctional rather than the town. We need to recognize that; while people may have reasons for doing horrible things, those reasons are not nessesarily a justification. Neither do those reasons lessen the horror of what they do.

#21 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • 9,226 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 07:47 AM

Oh no...small towns ARE dysfunctional. Trust me.

#22 mynameiskc

mynameiskc

way to go noogs!

• Members
  • 25,458 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 07:50 AM

large towns are dysfunctional. medium towns are dysfunctional. it's the people, really. if want a place that isn't dysfunctional, get rid of all the people.
:stunned: :worthy:
it's over. it's done. ain't you glad?

#23 Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes

Bekkasaur

• Members
  • 2,770 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 08:17 AM

Point is, we were trying to see what we could charge an EVIL MAN with for MURDERING his UNBORN BABY

a woman premeditatedly chucks hers in a plastic bag to suffocate it, and apparently "time served" (three months or so) is OK.

I don't think this is about being a man or a woman. Also remember, Scott Peterson probably had a whole different judge, jury, etc. That makes a hell of a difference.

I think it's pretty sick. This isn't just a justice issue though... I think something like this needs to be studied. Like dancerannie said, it happens more often than you think, I've heard stories like this for years now... I think it's a real issue, a real problem, and I don't think it's just "post pardom" I think this is something that needs to be talked about with little girls growing up. Rather than just talking about safe sex and the whole lot, I think girls need to be taught how to deal with situations like these. And, not just by schools or books, but by parents. It's horrible when some 16 year old girl gets pregnant and keeps it a secret because she feels she can't even tell her parents about it.

Anyway back to the justice issue--- I think the government, and people individually as well, often try to draw lines...lines for things that really shouldn't have any. Like "well this is okay, but this isn't" Yes people are different, and in different circumstances and situations, but how is it going to work for another imperfect human to be able to judge and decide where to draw that line, and how a certain situation may be different from another?

Just like I never understood the whole idea of temporary insanity, and people getting off for that. If you kill someone you're insane, no doubt. Obviously, their idea is if you pre-meditated it, you're just an evil person who has to pay for it, rather than if you just lost your head out of insanity and killed someone, you shouldn't be punished as severely. No. Whether it's pre-meditated or not, anyone who kills someone is NOT SANE.

There needs to be less "ifs" in the justice system. "If you're insane" "if this" "if that" Because nobody can possibly judge that kind of stuff.

#24 Apples+Oranjes

Apples+Oranjes

Bekkasaur

• Members
  • 2,770 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 08:23 AM

And I agree IronGoth, my god... you have to turn every fucking issue into "well if it were a man, we would be treated more severely"

I've ALSO seen men who rape little girls, and beat their wives get off with the same less severe punishment as this woman did. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that she was a woman, it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the courts are just FUCKED. And that justice is fucked, FOR EVERYONE...not just for males, or females. We deal with our shit, and you deal with shit too... Stop trying to weigh out who has it fucking worse. It's getting old really fast. We understand your stance, we don't need to hear it 100 times a day. I think we're all pretty sick of it.

#25 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • 9,226 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 08:37 AM

And I agree IronGoth, my god... you have to turn every fucking issue into "well if it were a man, we would be treated more severely"

I've ALSO seen men who rape little girls, and beat their wives get off with the same less severe punishment as this woman did. It has NOTHING to do with the fact that she was a woman, it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that the courts are just FUCKED. And that justice is fucked, FOR EVERYONE...not just for males, or females. We deal with our shit, and you deal with shit too... Stop trying to weigh out who has it fucking worse. It's getting old really fast. We understand your stance, we don't need to hear it 100 times a day. I think we're all pretty sick of it.

Right on, sister.

#26 Keanua Otter

Keanua Otter

Hip Forums Supporter

•  Supporters
  • PipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 10:39 AM

Blessings to sista/mama mynameiskc... lovin' & loved baby on the way soon!!!

At least the universe provides love and comfort and cherishing care to souls back on the other side when they return home, even if it is just a brief stay on this earth plane.

#27 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 15 2005 - 02:33 PM

RE: I've ALSO seen men who rape little girls, and beat their wives get off with the same less severe punishment as this woman did.

Yes, it used to be that if you raped a family member the maximum they could sentence you to is probation. I am working with others to have this exemption repealed.

#28 Moonbubbles

Moonbubbles

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted November 16 2005 - 07:07 AM

That is really sad...it breaks my heart.

Amanda

#29 MattInVegas

MattInVegas

John Denver Mega-Fan

• Members
  • 4,436 posts

Posted November 16 2005 - 08:49 AM

The abortion issue ASIDE,
It's MURDER. The kid was BORN ALIVE.
POST-Birth abortion is still murder.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Visit http://www.hipforums...splay.php?f=104 The Kitchen Table

#30 IronGoth

IronGoth

Zyklon B Zombie

• Members
  • 5,708 posts

Posted November 16 2005 - 08:52 AM

Yeah but Matt when a WOMAN murders a child it's cause she's depressed, society is so uncaring, gosh we should give her a big hug it's her baby hasn't she suffered enough kind of trip.

When a man does it, he's obviously an inhuman monster who needs to be tossed into the darkest hole for the longest time possible.