Percocet/Endocet expiration date

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by lifeman88, Oct 29, 2005.

1. lifeman88

lifeman88 Member

hey everyone, i have a bottle of Endocet substituted for Percocet, and they are 5/325 pills. the problem is that they have an expiration date of jan. 2004. But the other day i took two pills which i crushed up into powder and put in a bottle of water, and they fucked me up real good LOL. so my question is if the expiration dates really matter? Thanks

2. psychoactive321

psychoactive321 Member

If they are sealed most pharms last a long time. I dont know if id bother w/ much over 10 years but other than that. the expiration date is for when u shouldnt take them w/o consulting a doctor again not for when the drug goes bad.

3. makno

makno Senior Member

opiats are very stable and would be good decades after they were expired ....the first batch of h ever made would be as good as it was in the 1890s

4. lifeman88

lifeman88 Member

I thought the date was bullshit after the feeling they gave me. good stuff

5. Elle

Elle Senior Member

they may loose some of their potency but they're still good

6. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

basically taking pills afte rthe expiration date isn't bad.. if there stored in a cool place in the bottle, then they shyould for sure still be good, over time they lose potency though, but even if u took really old pills they probably wouldn't hurt you, just not do shit cause all the potency is gone

7. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

LMAO...I forgot, but one time I found some valium from Like 1971 and took them in around 1992 so, I dont think they were as strong, but lost count and thought I was Marilyn Monroe dancing through the house...I would start with an extra or dbl if really old to see how they do you.

8. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

well i would never take a pill that old...haha marilyn monroe, i mean if it's been stored in a cool place in the bottle, you can take it a while after expiration, not 22 years....but i one time took a year old and i was fine, same effects and everything