smoking kratom

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by nesta, Oct 26, 2005.

1. nesta

nesta Banned

okay, i know kratom can be taken orally but the doses are pretty high. i've heard from a number of sources that kratom can be smoked, but am having trouble finding specific information on it. for those of you that have tried it, or tried both ways, please let me know your opinions on how the doses relate to each other. does smoking take more, less, or about the same? i've got a gram of kratom resin extract coming, so i think from what i'm looking at orally it would be 1-2 doses. should i get roughly this for smoking it? smoking a gram of resin sounds tough, but then so does eating it :p

if all else fails i can put it in capsules or some vodka or something i guess.

2. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

3. TopNotchStoner

I've read that it takes about 5-10 grams of leaf smoking or tea, and probably for eating it, too. But I've never tried it, myself, so I don't know for sure.

4. TopNotchStoner

I've read that it takes about 5-10 grams of leaf smoking or tea, and probably for eating it, too. But I've never tried it, myself, so I don't know for sure. Look at erowid for some experience reports.

5. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

wuts the extract potency?

6. nesta

nesta Banned

unfortunately i dont know, but it was cheap and was a second thought purchase.

i've heard someone on here say that the solid extract is usually about 10X

i'm going to assume its something like that unless i hear someone advise otherwise. either way since i dont know, i'm going to start with half of what i'd think the dose really should be, wait a while, then take the rest.

7. nesta

nesta Banned

ok, so it says smoking it doesnt take less material than taking it orally, but how about speed of onset? if it could be felt quicker through smoking, i could just tough it out and smoke it slowly to figure out what a good dosage for me should be, and then next time use that same amount, but orally.

i'm pretty anxious to try this plant, though i dont know a whole HELL of a lot about it. but hey, a lot of people seem to describe it as feeling a lot like an opiate, it's illegal in several countries, it's used in treatment of opiate addiction and has a number of recreational users....hell, if it's as good as it sounds, it's just what i'd love to get :)

doesn't have to be exactly like painkillers, but if it has a generally similar sedating, mellow feeling to it i think i'll like it quite a lot :):):)

8. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

yeah ive been interested in trying it as well... tell us how it goes

9. nesta

nesta Banned

will do.

i've started seeing a lot of people reporting strong effect at doses as low as 5g, but some people say 10g is a good dose. i'm thinking i'll assume it's 10x, and start by using half of the gram, so it should be about like 5g, but it can be as much as twice as powerful (20X) and i'll still be getting what would be considered a "good" dose...dont see any problem with starting out with the half gram, personally.

anyways, i've got a gram of that stuff coming in the mail, it cost only about 6 bucks, then i spent some money to buy some 15X extract of an herb from the genus Pedicularis which i've heard very little about, but heard VERY good things about. it seems to be somewhat uncommon on the ethnobotanical market. i dont remember the location of this website, but ellis (i think) once gave a link to a site on smokable herbs and their effects. it said most don't produce strong psychoactive effects, and some did which it didnt care to discuss for various reasons, but that most pedicularis flowers are great for smoking and have a very pleasant effect. i'm up for trying some new things, and herbal is as legitimate as chemical, often.

10. nesta

nesta Banned

here we go, i found that the website i was thinking of was buried in the FAQ...

http://home.teleport.com/~howieb/smoking/smoke6.html

11. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

I have tried smoking Kratom ...

Not a pleasant experience (though neither is drinking it ... that's for sure).

It breathes as bad as it tastes.

And you get almost no effects from smoking it. *Almost* none.

At least by drinking it, you get something more than barely noticable.

12. nesta

nesta Banned

aha...i'll probably just try it orally then.

anyway, its not at all pricey, and i figure its worth a shot.

i figure both of these things may be partially or even mostly hype. its going to be interesting to find out though.

13. TopNotchStoner

I'm interested in trying it. Maybe you could sprinkle half of the gram in a blunt with some weed and smoke it.

14. nesta

nesta Banned

nah, if i'm gonna smoke it, its gonna be in a bowl or something. i dont want to miss out on what effect it might have simply because a lot of it burned up when i wasnt hitting it, or because i didnt hold it in long enough or whatever....

15. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

inject heroin, nesta

16. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Doses of Kratom aren't half of a gram, dude.

They're half of an OUNCE.

That's why smoking it doesn't produce very profound effects.

17. TopNotchStoner

I was referring to the extract that nesta is getting.

18. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, i thought i said i'm getting the solid extract, not kratom leaf.

19. lordcthulhu

lordcthulhu Member

How much did you take? Kratom is a VERY effective legal herb. A good brew of kratom tea is just as good as a nice bowl of opium, not quite as euphoric, but almost.

20. teog

teog Member

i smoked a bowl of kratom after smoking some blue lotus while i was on kratom and didnt notice very much neither did i 5 mins ago smoking it out of my 2ft bong im about to try my vaporizer with it though i have had greaat success with my vape and salvia marijuana or opium poppy seeds (THEY GROW IN YOUR NEIGHBOURS YARD) anyways 5 minutes after smoking i lit up a joint and felt insanely high and by the 3rd toke i passed out and then i spent the next couple of hours nodding in and out of concious sitting on the counter by the toilet i got the worst case of nasuea so i didnt move my friends who have tryed it with me got very nasua from just eating it other than that one time i smoked kratom and then smoked a big joint after i have not had any bad experiences smoking weed on kratom i wasnt passing out though i was simply falling asleep and waking up it was verry verry odd and i just finished smoking prenium kratom leaf from iamshaman out of my vaporwarez vape that is connected to my bong (highly reccomended) it didnt do shit