Barefoot Babies Grow Up Smarter!!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by HappyHaHaGirl, Jun 21, 2004.

1. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

Well, maybe not....you never know. But I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for a site with more barefoot crazies like myself, and I really enjoyed reading it. :) I love that there are schools where kids can go barefoot without being threatened with stories about diseases and sanitary bullshit...you wash your feet every day, and I've never really heard of anyone washing their shoes....so which is more sanitary??? :rolleyes:

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/

2. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

lol i should send mine to an almish school around here if I don't get the chance to homeschool.

3. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

my babies go barefoot & they are homeschooled. and at least i think they're smart!

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

That's really cool. I love going barefoot too, having always hated shoes. Never really went barefoot as a child though, a certainly not to school (we had a uniform, urgh)

Not sure about being smater or not, but it certainly makes for good feet. My brother hardly ever goes barefoot and his toes are bent from wearing too small shoes (Not our parents fault, he just grows really fast).

TTFN
    Sage

5. litlmamaluvsbabies

litlmamaluvsbabies Member

my lil turky will definatly be a barefooted baby. i see it now. in the garden with her lil mama. oh i can but cant wait at the same time. i hope i can get a chance to home school my baby, i dont think ill make it finatialy though. i wish i could work from home

6. litlmamaluvsbabies

litlmamaluvsbabies Member

i love that barefoot site!!!! i sent it to my sister who is babysitting for twin 3yr old boys who are always trying to take off there shoes . . . mabe shell let them noe. lol

7. Levi

Levi Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just slightly off topic, but this reminded me of a funny story.

When my mom was in highschool she used to come to school barefoot. Then, of course, they'd tell her that she had to go home and get her shoes because you can't come to school barefoot. So, since they insisted, she'd go home. Slowly.

She would also let her dog follow her to school so that they would make her take it home, because of course you can't bring a dog to school.
    She's still silly.

8. HappyHaHaGirl

Schools are so retarded! They act like the most important this is that you're there to learn, and then you lean over and they see your stomach, so they keep you in the office for hours while you miss out on the "valuable" education that everyone's tax dollars are paying for! One time I had to spend a whole day in the office because I wore flip-flops (!) to school, and then they made me stay in ISS for the next day! What sucked was that it was the last day of school, so I didn't get to see all my friends that were graduating. :(

They say that you can't do this or that because it's a distraction to other students....the only people I've ever seen distracted by green hair, belly buttons, bare toes and piercings are the teachers that are trying to inforce the stupid rules. Not the students. We were always fine with it. And it seems like the more you push to keep something "illegal," the more the kids would want to do it....I guess they'll just never get it figured out.

Maybe when I'm a teacher I can help out a little. :)

Your mom sounds cute. :) I used to pretend to take a mouse to school in 5th grade and pass it around class, and everyone would "pet" it and act like it was so cute, and then the teacher would come to take it away and she couldn't find it. It went on for weeks. It was funny. They sent letters to my mom about how you can't bring pets to school without permission...hehe.... :D

9. Mari

Mari Member

Wearing shoes to school is for safety and not because the school just wants to enforce another rule. Think about it...how much crap gets spilled on school floors? Paint, glue, lunches, drinks, water, and sometimes glass. Take a good look around a classroom and see how many things there are on that floor that could hurt your feet if you stepped on them without shoes. Not fun. :(

I love to go barefoot, but these days I wouldn't go further than my own yard without shoes.

10. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Hmmm good point, I wouldn't go into the college canteen with no shoes on. I just kick my shoes off in lessons and it's never been an issue.

Levi & Hannah: LMAO, those stories are great.

In Britain almost every school has a uniform. So that provided infinite potential with stupid rules. We weren't even supposed to wear coloured socks (all the girls did) it wasn't as if anyone saw them anyway.
    Even on mufti days (when we were allowed to wear our own clothes) so teacher or other had to impose dress codes.
    It sucked, thank God that stage of life is over.

TTFN
    Sage

11. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

let your feet be free and they shall take you freely to freeness :) ~Apple :)

12. HappyHaHaGirl

haha...that one will go down in Bartlett's book of quotations....