Janis/Airplane Videos Free-

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by robspace2, Sep 24, 2005.

1. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

At Limewire.com; there is a good selection of 60s music videos-The ones I just downloaded are excellent quality-I was lucky to be around to hear all the Sf groups from the beginning-most videos I have seen from the 60s are pretty bad and grainy-these are keepers-I found Janis Joplin on Ed Sullivan' 68'-she does-Summertime'-Maybe-Move Over-and Try Just A little Bit Harder--(3 different videos) and Jefferson Airplane on Ed Sullivan also-doing Somebody To Love-White Rabbit-and a perfect Crown Of Creation--these are the best quality I have seen yet-still looking for a good Dead video-anybody know one?-check em out-their classics!

2. Direct RF

Direct RF Member

the doors live video is better and 1 hour runing time long.

3. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

The Doors were great on record but bad in person' most of the time Jim Morrison was to hammered to sing-I saw them 3 times in the 60s; one time at an outdoor festival in San Jose; he came out and in the middle of the first song; he passed out and fell flat on his face!-They drug him off and they never came back on--too bad as he had a lot of talent-

4. adam

adam sing with me somehow

Robspace! THANK YOU!!!! The videos are great!

5. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

Your welcome Adam-That site is great for music d.l.s-and fast!--For movies I prefer Areas -also on Limewire there is Quicksilver Messenger Service video of them doing Who Do you Love live from Winterland-Eventually I want to put all these SF 60s groups on one disk-just to look at from time to and hear them when they all were new and raw- remember in those days the equipment was not nearly as good as today-Thats what makes Hendrix so incredible-I saw him doing so many things and creating so many different sounds with no help from gadgets-man was amazing to watch!

6. imhip

imhip Member

My experience was different. I saw The Doors live at Saratoga Park, NY (late 60’s). It was probably the best (of many) live shows I've ever seen. NO....Not cos it was "The Doors"..... The 2nd best show I remember was Black Oak Arkansas at Foxboro Stadium (MA). Any band can have great or shit nights. I got lucky - Jim Morrison opened with a poem/story and it turned into "Hello I Love You".... IT was smoking! Another great show (for me) was Aerosmith at Stepping Stone Ranch in RI, back in the early 70's. Well, at least that's what my memory says I experienced.

imhip

7. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

lIVE

8. robspace2

robspace2 Banned

iMHIP-Glad to hear you caught Jim on a good night-basically most of the groups back then were fairly high alot-Some more then others- but-O'well-so were we!