hippies=cold-hearted closed-minded elitist assholes?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by stranger, Aug 19, 2005.

1. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

I'm not a liberal, you rotten ****.

Good job using the copy & paste functions, though.

2. Digger168

Digger168 Member

Wow,..what a bummer.
    I wonder if your talking to the right people.

Some of our people are very protective
    because there are rude, messed up people out
    there who generalize about what we are, and what we do.

May you meet the right people,
    find peace in your life,
    and realize that not all people
    truly understand what it is to be free.

Hippie is a tag, baby, thats all.

3. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

old tiger thanks for the history ..or no hipstory..honnestly though i was going blind 3/4 ogf the way through & hadta skip to the next post..it was informative yes but wasnt exactly on topic as far as disproving or reinforcing the original concept of the thread..ie that all hippies are cold hearted closeminded..etc..
    but i thank you for all the effort you put into your post

but stranger, you were complaining about the "hippies" you met & said your tuime on these boards will be short, so i assume you meamnt "hippies" you met here? you have to understand that only about 1/2 of the people here share in hippy ideals & there are a few who just come here to mess with peoples minds or whatever..but there are many warm hearted ipen minded folks around that definately dont fit the profile u described..wether theyre concidered (by themselves or others) to be hippies or not

4. THE_duder

THE_duder Member

Please die.

5. soaringeagle

umm well isnt that close minded & cold hearted?

please..dont die..please just realize that wearring a hippy labell doesnt make ya a hippy.. only whats in your heart does

6. Number6

Number6 Member

I prefer "Modern Conservatives, With Some Exceptions, Are Fascists."

As opposed to "Security At The Expense Of Liberty" which is what Conservatitives preach.

So you are saying Intolerance is Common Sense ?

This a fundamental difference between us, Conservatives believe Equality and Fairness are mutually exclusive, while Liberals actively seek both.

As opposed to "War At The Expense Of Life".

I dare you to try to have a passage from the Koran carved in a 500lbs stone block placed in the Alabama State Supreme Court building.

Okay so I wonder if Edward L. Daley is currently serving in Iraq ? How about you Los_Pepes are you currently serving in Iraq ? What about all those Young Republicans in college right now, why aren't they in Iraq ? Last I heard the miltary is going to miss its recruiting goals this year, it does not sound like all those red state moral values voters are lining up to fight the "War on Terror". Who are the real hypocrites here ?

Hm, thats interesting, because I think that about you too.

1 person likes this.
  7. soaringeagle

lol i', glad someone took the time to reply to that one..
    with all the hatred & the crazy links i just didnt wanna be bothered..
    but i guess even the most close minded people desrve allittle respect..& at least aknollefge theyre rights too theyre oppinions..

8. Frog_On_Ice

Frog_On_Ice Watercolor Paradise

Awwwww don't let a few get you down, big *HUGZ* :D

9. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

Any group of people is a problem.. cliques, elitism, close-minded thinking are all traits of mass consciousness.. seek out interesting individuals instead, 'scenes' have nothing good to offer.

10. peaceful chaos

peaceful chaos Member

so basically what this is saying is that people should be happy that the human run system which maintains control over them and treats them like lesser beings gives them the right to speak there mind and not get imprisoned for it o_O...

it could be just me but does anyone else find it pathetic that these so called justice systems take away your right to do other things like use mind expanders or grow certain plants but yet they still get treated like a rightous thing because they don't punish people for speaking there mind.what im saying is where did these justice system workers get the right to tell other humans what the fuck to do just because they have a gang working for them that people fear(the almighty coppers).i think it's time people started thinking for themselves and live according to there own beliefs and disregard what the power trippers working for the government have to say about there way of living.

11. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

stranger=cold-hearted closed-minded elitist asshole.

cuz i eat meat, according to stranger i am unhealthy, unblessed, unhappy, ungifted and incapable of love.

according to him, his lifestyle is the only path to self-actualization - we should all throw any personal ideals we have out the window and be devoted follower's of the stranger way - yeah, right.

i hope he's ignoring me, damn close-minded vegan elitist asshole.

12. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

sorry stranger, i probably shouldn’t have been posting at all that day, i was in a really pissy mood – the whole ‘incapable of love’ comment you made cuz i enjoy eating meat really bothered me – but, i built a bridge /^^^\ and got over it, i’m confident in my ability to love. i probably am headed straight to hell, but not because i eat meat… anyways, sorry i called ya an asshole – yer just an elitist vegan willing to bash anyone who doesn’t agree with yer vegan views. eventually you will grow and learn a little tolerance...

'Cos everybody's got to have somebody to look down on.
    Who they can feel better than at anytime they please.
    Someone doin' somethin' dirty, decent folks can frown on.
    If you can't find nobody else, then help yourself to me.

Kris Kristofferson – Jesus Was a Capricorn

13. peacepot

peacepot Member

maybe what you mean is yuppies, what some hippies becameafter 60's and 70's....

14. VillageSam

VillageSam Member

Goodbye Stranger!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. helen

helen Member

This is for the stranger----Congradulations! You have won "the biggest ASSHOLE of the year award". You obviously Don't know a thing about hippy culture. I'm a hippy,my friends are hippies and we are FAR from being "closed-minded,cold-hearted,elitist assholes. Please--turn around and look at yourself in the mirror--now there's the head of "the elitist Assholes".

16. hippypaul

hippypaul Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Have not been here long but have yet to run into a lot of "closed-minded, cold-hearted, elitist assholes" maybe I have just been lucky - I have seen opinions that I did not agree with but - you know- that ain't the same thing at all.

17. nobody_person

nobody_person Member

no. how many have you met?
    forgive them..
    they are not the majority.

18. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

anyone in any category can be like that

19. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

well, i really enjoyed this thread. i love to hear peoples comments

20. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Put it this way; a lot of people who call themselves hippies--grow dreds, buy a dejhembe and a vw van, wear the uniform-- and at least make a show out of living according to some of the ideals--nonmaterialism, peace, tolerance, etc,--are in fact coldhearted closed-minded elitist assholes.

Plenty of them here in central cal; they wont even say hi unless they need something then it's "hey brother, do you have--(fill in the blank)".
    If they do need something and you help them out, don't expect a thanks; "you have more than me therfore you're part of babylon therefore I'm better than you even though I just got done mouching off of you".

On the other hand I've met some people here--almost always someone who's just passing through--who are pretty damn decent.

I have longhair, dreds, a beard, and I live in the woods and I am a coldhearted closed minded elitist asshole.