Church of the Good Earth 1963 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

Mary!!!!!!! Yiiiiiiiiikes !!!!!

There is NO hurry on this. The Church will have to file tax returns with the IRS for THIS YEAR, by April 15th of NEXT YEAR. 2014 April 15th.

We have something like 29 months to send the "Tax Exempt" request. No Rush here.

I will print out and read these forms. Okay?

You are NOT alone.
    LOL Lynn is with you LOL.

The Immediate concern is that we BY the Charter, will need another board meeting and 1 month later a General Meeting and then a Board Meeting to follow.

Board once each month. General once every 3 months. AS per our by-laws. Even if we don't do anything. We meet. We talk. We end. Just like that.
    Presto! It is official.

What is pressing is that we do need to look into what we file or if we file a Quarterly Report with the IRS.

That is the Biggie, Right Now. Not those forms.

Ken

Oh! Buy the Way, Hi.

2. Scorpio Kenny

Night Night.

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Me a Drama Queen? rubbish ;) I'm just "High Energy". I am really not stressing to the point of lunacy, speaking of Luna, The full Moon has been having her way with me the past two days.. she shines in my bedroom window and wakes me. Her light so bright my brain thinks it's morning, but in all reality it is 3 am.

It's like I am in some kind of Spiritual Transition, I feel changes in frequency, a vibe pulling me into place, like my psychi is being lined up in sequence to complete some task set before me.

Like pieces on a chest board we are called to take our place. A pledge we made with the Universe Eons ago. We wait for our highest command to guide us to make the right moves in this game called life.

We are Spirits having a Human Experience. We are Cosmic Cowboys riding across the Earth in the flesh to feel, smell, hear, see and to taste the wonders the earth and each other.

We are blessed under Divine Grace to be here to experience being human. What has saved us in our human shortcomings is that, we love and we care for one another. That we share our Joy and our Sorrow. We lift each other up when we sometimes slip and fall.

It is not something that is taken lightly as it has spanned near a half century since our beginning when we were called to gather. We gather still, we come here, we visit when we can in real time.

It doesn't matter if you were there when it started or just now getting here, we're not exclusive, it is open to all human beings and their families even if their families are furry ones.

The Earth is our Church

4. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

If Kenny's right and we have 29 months to deal with the paperwork that a hair over 2 pages a day. We stand a chance!

btw ...Good am Hun:coffee:
    bbtw...SH they could use your fine touch in the "new posts" thread

5. shameless_heifer

GM Sug :coffee:

I looked over there ans only could see the last 20 posts.. HFs is messin' wit me.

The sooner we get it filed, the sooner we can begin our 'work' without being taxed

6. shameless_heifer

Thanks Patty,
    The thing is, I can fully cope with filling out forms. What drives me mad is running upon questions I have no answer for. Like when they call for 5 borad members and we only have three. That calls for a meeting and trying to get ppl in here to vote.

Our first try at assembling a meeting was a disaster :O but we pulled out of it and are more balanced in our experience. We have had a meeting since and it was short and sweet. We are due to have another meeting soon, you are most welcome be part of it if you wish, we wish you would :)

And I am Sure Mike Bedell will Second that..lol.. ( love you Mike )

7. patty p

patty p Guest

The non profit that I work for has to file only once a year.

8. patty p

patty p Guest

I was talking with Ranger and Rita today. I have a lot of tales about my time at the Good Earth. I hear that Kenny may be collecting stories from other people. I would love to see a collection of stories that we can post in one document online. It was an amazing time and I think it has great historical importance. I know there must be a lot of stories in the past. I guess I'll have to go through the thousands of posts of this site. If no one else is interested, I am willing to dedicate as much time as needed to make this idea a reality.
    Any comments or suggestions?

9. mike bedell

mike bedell Member

why yes i will be first to second that but whos on third ? lol

10. Scorpio Kenny

Hi, Patty.
    We had started to collect some short stories. Not just GE, but general back in the day adventure stories and romance stories. General topic of Hippie, Haight-Ashbury and other places too.
    My lady and I sometimes work for this guy who produces huge books. We do print layout for press ready. Also editing.

The basic idea was Hippie sagas, a real e-book and real print book.

As we are all retiring, we could all use some extra cash coming in each month. This idea could possibly generate month after month after month, side money to each and any of us.

It is laid out as year by year chapters. From '63 – '73, so far. About 100 pages already, in 8 1/2 by 11 inch layout.

It's anybody we know. Tales and legacy to pass on to unborn generates. Camelot. Underground. Sex, Drugs, and Rock 'n' Roll. The secret lives. The street. Thumbing to S.F. Where we came from. The journey.

Spare change for old hippies.
    Might even become a best seller.

Kenny :sunny:

11. mike bedell

mike bedell Member

hey mary, aint i a board member? if not, can i be?

12. shameless_heifer

Kenny,
    Did you get that pm with the irs stuff in it

13. shameless_heifer

We can bring that up at the next meeting Mike. There has to be a nomination and voting and all that, if we need one or more.

I just sent that information off to Kenny as to what the feds require.

14. patty p

patty p Guest

I will get my thoughts together and send you what I remember. Ranger has my contact info. Let me know how to send info to you.

15. shameless_heifer

Patty,

Kenny and I, and a few others have been working on this Book for a couple of years. Kenny has been doing the layout and well, doing all of it, plus writing some cool stories ( awesome)

I just write out my life stories as I can recall and send them to Kenny for the Book and encourage others to do the same.

We got a few ppl to send in their pieces but then it went and took a nap on us and is laying there on the shelf gathering dust.

We were so enthusiastic over the book, me n Kenny that some thought our goal was the $$. Well, hell yes and hell no.

It is our Legacy in true form. Not a journalist's point of view, but what We, the ones that lived it day by day has to say about it. Our mind sets, our goals, what brought us to where we are now.

The things that happened to you on a personal level, everything and anything, express yourself. What you saw, what you did.

And if we can make some money doing it, all the more good. Writing can be hard work, if you're dedicated.. Me, well, I spend hrs writing anyway. I can use the $$. I want to redig our water well and get some solar panels, hubbilicious needs a new tractor to shred and plow the fields. My 123 yrs old house needs some repairs and I could use a new pair of boots.

We could also donate some $ to The Church from the profits so we can help ppl when in need.

The Book does not belong to The Church, we are a non profit organization. The book belongs to the people who contribute to it. The more you contribute the more you have in royalties.

It doesn't matter how well you write, that's the beauty of it. It's in our own words. We are non conformists and it's our tale to tell. It's like the journey to Good Earth. What happened on the way and what happened when you arrived, how it was living in the Haight and being part of such a movement as the Hippie Way.

I was so inspired by the concept and the importance of Our Testimony Of Love that I wrote furiously for months. I would love to see our book, our message to rekindle the fire in ppls hearts and minds and inspire them to live in a more peaceful and loving world.

I encourage you and everyone of us to contribute to this 'work of art' and tell it like it really was.

Bright Blessings

16. patty p

patty p Guest

If any money is ever made, I totally don't want any of it. All I would want is access to the book. I would even buy it. I have a good life where money is not important. All of my needs are taken care of and I have supportive children.

17. Scorpio Kenny

Luck you. Heaven must be nice this time of year. LOL It's going to be 84 here, with light clouds.

Lots of Love,
    Scorpio Kenny

LOL

18. patty p

patty p Guest

Just found some old pictures. There is one of Nancy (Cyril's partner) with her two girls. There is also a picture of Kathy, don't remember her very well, holding Boogie. The best on of all is Pisces Kathy eating Kaniah's placenta from RedBone! Wild stuff. I'll scan and post them soon.

19. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Cool Patty, last we heard Nancy was still in the Denver area.

20. Spacey Stacey

Spacey Stacey Member

Sisters' and Brothers,
    I write these thoughts on the eve of Easter Day.

As I grow older contemplation coupled with experience causes me to evaluate existence involving, often contentious debate, through the accumulated knowledge of existence and spiritual growth as far back as contemporary research has determined. I read and study everything I cad get my hands on, both pro and con in hopes that nI might find some iota of truth.

If you too are on this path I would suggest that you might have watched "The Story of the Bible," and the sequel. "The Lost Books of the Bible." For me these studies are a constantly evolving search,

I have often said the concept of The Church of The Good Earth is not totally new, but possibly an old way of thinking in a new wrapping of an ongoing process.

Many in the world around us would separate Faith,Spirit, and Science which I would term an "ego trip," that my thinking is the only right thinking. A criticism that might well be applied to my thinking. My only defence is that I'm open to debate. Does anyone hold the truth? It is with the communion of the collective that we may begin to find an iota of truth. That together we might crack open the door unto Truth.

A few pages back I wrote a poem that I called, "Hope" whose first line is, "generation unto generation." If we look at the World around us we might become depressed or elated. To be depressed is to believe there is no way out To be elated is to be involved in the search for tomorrow that might be thought of as salvation and redemption. For me it starts with the seeking of the connection of people kind. That no one person holds the Truth. There is no one leader. Leaders appear according to the task. That together we might find the Light. The one tenet is "peace and love." The question of self defence has long been debated. We are gathered together under one roof, the sky above. I repeat: It has long been said that there are many paths, but only one mountain top. I ascribe to the idea, generally, of praying quietly in the closet not beating our chest on the corner. Ultimately we each make our own choices and thoughts that can be brought before the group with out fear or prejudice. Seeking spiritual truth on this third rock from the Sun
    Peace and love Stacey