Church of the Good Earth 1963 and Beyond

Discussion in 'Church of the Good Earth' started by shameless_heifer, Aug 18, 2005.

1. dfwolverineGE

dfwolverineGE Member

Hey folks...... It'll be a kick in the ass again to see Mike... Looking forward to it very much ...!!! Making plans .....So.... Until then I'll keep the fires burning and the light on.... Lol .... Hi Patty... I'am thrilled to hear from you again it's been many years but you r still in my heart.... Bless you.... Big Indian hugs... Wild Indian kisses.... Xoxoxo. And of course much love to everyone hear...... Love ewe...! Sagdarel

2. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Mama's Home,

Hiya Hippiez,
    Well I am back, the tears of departure still stain my cheeks as a mother's arms begrudgingly lets go of her baby, as he has grown into a man with a family of his own. Yet in my heart of hearts, he will forever be mama's blue eye'd baby boy (sigh)

It was a wonderful visit, first one in 8 yrs. It turns out that he misses us as much as we miss him. He is an amazing guy, an artist, with the creative energy to match his father and my creative juices combined. Such talent.

As we left the airport, we barely got out of sight and I felt a void creeping into my heart and cried a mama's tears all the way home.. of course I cried all the way to the airport too. Tears kept stinging my eyes so bad, I had to let them fall. I could not hold them back. I was defenseless against their need to fall.

We had a big ol' fish fry on Saturday and all the family came so he could see everyone and they could see him and Cindy. He is still the happy go lucky boy he was born to be.. even at 43 he climbs like a monkey. ( thanks guys, for teaching him agility )

The only down fall of the whole visit was almost everyone got the Norwalk Virus and were sick for days. Me included.Jomie did not get sick, yay nor did Cindy so they did not have to be on an airplane puking and pooping the whole flight home.

Well that's just some high lights

I am so happy to see Y'all kept everything moving.. love you

3. shameless_heifer

Patty,
    It's great to see you again. I hope to see more of you. We are becoming quiet a crew and would love for you to be back in the fold. Pass the word that we are Alive and Kickin' it in The Church Of The Good Earth.

We love you... Welcome Home

4. shameless_heifer

Mike,
    Your words are endearing and they fit right into the Heart of our being. We are What and Who we are bc of the Love we Hold and Share. We each come back, we find our spirits yearning for that connection and lifeline. We are here to save eachother, to share energies and insight. To build and gain a positive flow of Loving Vibrations that feed our inner spirit with unity and solidity.

We create our own happiness in our own environment. We are in control of ourselves and in very little control of anything else. I think the thing that we navigate by are our experience and our intuition. Our inside sixth sense that tells us when we are in danger of stepping off into the darkness alone and defenseless.

In our Unity, we have safety, a shelter from the storm of uncertainty and loneliness. We have a place to drink from the loving cup and heal our pain. The Well Of Love runs deep and is spring fed but what is given.

We came and we battled the demons of the past, we came to face the beast that lives in us all. How we used what we learned from those times is what kept us alive during much harder times that followed.

For some the path was illuminated and the grass was soft under their feet, for others the path grew dark and rocky, full of obstacles and self doubt.

We've traveled thousands of light years and gain eons of knowledge and learned/are learning from our mistakes. We have settled into our own skins and we are confortable being who we are ( as if we could change who we are lol )

We are not loud and proud, but subtle and gentle as we turn the light of love on and shine it like we are on fire, a slow burning fire the make the heart glow warm.

Our Church is our homebase. A place to gather and recharge our spirits as they are bathed in the light of LOVE.

Loving you Mike, thanks for being YOU

5. patty p

patty p Guest

It has been 40 years ago since I last saw any of you. As to you Mike, that naked picture of me was quite nice and I would never be ashamed of looking that good! If people don’t like it, that’s ok by me. My life is not so busy now that my kids have grown up. I think of all of you often. Life in the commune was the early days of an amazing awakening for me. I was able to love and not be judged for my shortcomings. We all came from different backgrounds, rich and poor, healthy and damaged. The time I spent in the commune was one of close relationships and true caring. No judgement. No one better than the next. It was a bit dysfunctional but I really cared and loved each one of you. I pray that you have all found peace and happiness. I am truly honored to know all of you.

6. mike bedell

mike bedell Member

so does that mean you are gonna stick around????please say yes

7. shameless_heifer

Wow.. been home for over 24 hours and no one noticed.. not one hello or even a wave.. ohh well.. out of sight out of mind I suppose

8. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Good morning hun. The hours you and Kenny keep!...lol

9. patty p

patty p Guest

As I am a mother of 5, I really understand the bittersweet relationships with our children. We want them to become who they are meant to be but after caring for them for so long, it is hard when they are out in the world. It sounds as if you have a good life. I am very happy for you.
    As to you, Mike Bedell, we live close to each other. I live in Richmond next to Berkeley. Let's meet up. It would be wonderful to see you again.

10. shameless_heifer

Early To Bed, Early To Rise Sug. You know I have to get up early to kick the rooster in the butt to wake him up. He would sleep all day and not service his hens. Not only that but the donkey is the neighborhood alarm clock and every one will be late for work if the rooster doesn't wake him up.

So, have some :coffee: and say hi to Patty

11. shameless_heifer

Hi Patty,
    So happy to see you and g'mornin'.

It never is easy to say goodbye to your kids, no matter how old they get, they are still your kids and it never goes away. There is always an ache in your emotional heart when a kidlet strays to far from home.

It's nice to have another female to talk to around here :)... every once in a while one of the lady's will drop in to say hello. We need more feminine inspiration.

Bright Blessings
    cakes

12. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Early to rise! Gosh darn woman, you not only were up but awake enough to type at 3am! Poor rooster! lol

Good morning Patty, so nice to see you stopping by more often. :)

13. shameless_heifer

G'mornin' Ranger.. love you... that's why I'm so happy, healthy and wise... well two outta three aint bad..

14. shameless_heifer

Speaking of Kenny, where is mr cuteness.. Just bc I am back does not mean he can become a slacker.. Kennykins.. where for art thow..

15. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

16. mike bedell

mike bedell Member

yes you do live close to me, i grew up in richmond and would love to see you too. give me a call at 415 879 0480 lets talk

17. mike bedell

mike bedell Member

OH, YOU WERE NOT HERE? WE DIDN'T NOTICE lOL GOOD TO HAVE YOU HOME AGAIN. YOU WERE VERY MISSED

18. shameless_heifer

G'Mornin' Patrons of Love,

It's a blustery morning here. The wind is howling at the Sun and covering it with rain clouds and dark skies. It came a flood yesterday and promises more of the same.

We always have a cold snap before Easter, but since they changed when Easter is, it's hard to tell.

We have our onions and potatoes in. The greens are up and thriving. The seeds are set in their rows and it looks to be good crops at hand.

Love to All and Bright Blessings
    cakes

19. shameless_heifer

Hi Mike,
    I know I was missed and thank you.

We are all missed when we are absent for more than a day. We are Family and it means something to have one another. It lifts us up and makes for a brighter day come rain or shine we always have each other.

20. patty p

patty p Guest

Good morning to you all as well as your rooster and assorted livestock. I still live in the city. Would love to move into the country but I will have to wait for retirement.
    Spoke with Mike Bedell and we're meeting up this week. Haven't seen any of you for 40 years. It seems fitting that I meet Mike Bedell the poet. The last time I saw him he wasn't very poetic. On the phone he recited some of his poetry and it is really quite GREAT!
    Sagdaryl lives in Sacramento. Not far away. Would love to see his tipi and his wild self.
    Anyone else still live in the bay area? How about you Kenny? Your profile just says "out west". This is as pretty far west as you'll get.