How To Get Rich Growing Pot

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by rangerdanger, Aug 3, 2005.

1. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

MH lights are better for veg.

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger Senior Member

Not so magic mushroom.
    People used to think so, because, to us humans, MH appears to resemble spring/summer sunlight.
    But according to Ed Rosenthal, and a increasing # of growers, HPS equals or surpasses anything than MH can do, in ALL stages of a plants growth.

3. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

Once again I disagree as most will ,indoor horticultural studies have concluded the opposite of Ranger says or what Rosenthal says. MH's are better for veg.MH's have a balanced color spectrum with a higher % of blue /violet light rays then hps.Mh's are proven to keep plants shorter,stockier,and with more vegitation then will a hps in veg ever will.Stockier plants are stronger,better able to resist disease,and more productive then a plant using hps in veg.Hps are strong in the red/orange spectrum which is proven to promote flower production and stem elogation with stem elongation being a negitive to the indoor grower and therefore inferior to mh in veg,but the best for flower.If one does not have the $ for both lights then HPS is the best for both phases as hps has more to offer in veg then a MH does in flower.

4. rangerdanger

Ed Rosental probably knows more about indoor marijuana cultivation than anyone who has ever lived.
    Given adequate ventilation, HPS equals or outperforms MH.
    The BEST single bulb to buy imo is a full-spectrum bulb (they make them for both MH & HPS ballasts).

5. meangreen

meangreen Senior Member

I agree with ya on Rosenthal being one of the most experiened in the field and I agree with ya that full spectrum lighting is best with a combo of MH/HPS,but nowhere does he state hps is better then mh in veg.He does state if ya have one light a hps is the best all around. Given the resources a mh is better for veg regardless of what anyone says as blues are the primary spectrum needed for vegging plants which hps has little of.Show me the proof where ed says HPS is better in veg then MH,I have read all his books???Put your money where your mouth is; as by saying this conflicts with all scientific studies ever done on plant light spectrum needs.

6. rangerdanger

OK, if you don't want to take my word for it, call another expert.

It was about 2 or 3 years ago after Ed R. did side-by-side comparisons (which I did about 10 years ago) and found out HPS out-performs MH, even for veg, as long as there is good ventilation (which all grow spaces should have).

P.S. I've been growing marijuana for a long time. Everything I post here is a result of personal experience--trial and error initially, later in a quest for knowledge. If I don't KNOW something from personal experience I'll state so in my posts.

Myths die hard. Take for example the post in another section of this forum where people claim they get high from smoking banana peels (nope). Or that hanging plants upside-down causes THC to migrate to the buds (nope), or that setting a jug of water/sugar/yeast in a grow room results in bigger buds (nope).
    I was lucky enough back int the 90's to have multiple grow chambers. This allowed me to experiment with different techniques.
    One of the first I tried was MH vs HPS lighting. When I first started growing indoors in the late 80's, I was told by and experienced knowledgable growers that HPS was better for veg than MH. But everything I read said no, MH for veg, HPS for flowering. So I did it that way.
    I set up 3 indentical chambers. Same system (ebb and flood), same nutrients, clones from the same donor, but 1 with MH, 1 with HPS and 1 with full-spectrum. I checked several times/day.
    I discovered that HPS out-performs MH, and is slightly better than a full-spectrum bulb (HPS produces more lumens per watt consumed).
    The weed wasn't any better, but I got a faster growth rate with HPS.

7. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

8. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Rangerdanger go check your light spectrums you'll find MEANGREAN has done you up like a kipper once again

9. rangerdanger

*Sigh*
    You won't take the advice of experts.

Hopefully, someday you'll see the light.

10. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Yes I do, water/yeast/sugar creates Co2 plants need light from the blue end= veg & red end to flower basic stuff really

11. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

That rat looks blazed, Is he holding a joint? I cant see

12. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Yes buddy & the eyes are bloodshot red too he's well smashed

13. rangerdanger

Go ahead and disreagard the advice of people who have done comparisons and KNOW what they're talking about, rather than people who just repeat what they've heard.

Putting a jug of water/sugar/yeast will NOT result in bigger buds. I KNOW this for a fact. I've proved it. If you want, I'll explain it to you. But I fear it fall on deaf ears. You don't want to allow yourself to be educated.

So go ahead on parroting misinformation. I will keep on posting on what I know.

14. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

I just bought a MH light today i installed at 12o'clock today so its now been on for 13 hours my new plants are already 1/4 inch bigger than the ones under my 1000 watt HPS the MH light is only 400watts with 3x 30w flo

15. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

The empty vessels make the most noise

16. MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms Member

The fat chicken makes the most food

17. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

he he he

18. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

Magic you'll find if you post here often enough Rangerdanger will disagree with you too, he'll say no no no skinny chickens are best

19. rangerdanger

Prattle on kiddies.

20. LAB RAT

LAB RAT Member

My mY are'nt we mature