How To Get Rich Growing Pot

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 03 2005 - 04:52 AM

Here's how to get rich from growing marijuana:

Build 3 chamber's out of plywood, one 8'x 10'x 7' high, one 4'x 6'x 6' high and 1 4'x 4'x 6'.
Put six 600 watt HPS in the large chamber, two 600 watt HPS in the medium chamber, and wall-to-wall flo's in the smallest one.

You'll also need a table top approx 3'x 4', hang four 40-watt flo tubes above the tabletop.

The smallest chamber holds approx. 6 donor ('mother') plants, in 5-gal. containers of soil.

The tabletop is where you root the clones you take off the donor plants.
The medium chamber is where the rooted clones veg for 3 weeks.
And the largest chamber is where the plants veg for 2 months.

Take 80 clones off the donor plants and root them in Oasis cubes.
Once rooted, put them in the medium chamber in two 2' x 4' ebb and flood trays.
After 3 weeks veg, they are ready to go into the flowering chamber. They should be approx. 15" tall by that time.

Choose the 64 best-looking plants and put them in the largest chamber, in four 4'x 4' ebb and flood trays, 2 on either side of a 2' wide aisle in the middle. At week 3 of 12/12, take more clones off the donor plants for the next crop. When the first 84 are done 5 weeks later, you'll have 64 more plants ready to go into flowering.

Every 2 months you'll harvest 80 oz.
That's 30 lbs/yr. At $3,500/lb. (wholesale price for quality ganja), that's over $100,000.00/yr. after overhead (elec. and nutrients). Do this for 10 years and you'll make a million bucks.

Notes:
-growing marijuana is currently illegal.
-Sales of marijuana is a serious offense.
-Selling that much marijuana (5 lbs. every 2 months) means you may have to deal with organized crime, and selling pot is WAY different than growing it.
-I'm not advocating you doing this. This post is for entertainment purposes ONLY.
you can bullshit the baker and get the buns
you can back out of every deal except one

#2 TokeMEup420

TokeMEup420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted August 03 2005 - 08:35 AM

I grow and smoke and some times buy but growing it's illegal I dint know that part that sucks ass!!!!!! You know why its illegal right b/c mairjuana is a drug and they can't tax it so they made it illegal.
Puff,Puff,Puff alot
Pass the blunt along
Smoke a bit, Smoke alot
Do it all night long
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 demon54

demon54

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted August 04 2005 - 09:40 PM

thats stupid they just made it illegal because they cant tax it?!?!? Whats a messed up government we have.

#4 BradinTheGreat

BradinTheGreat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted August 04 2005 - 11:33 PM

Our government is eternally f***ed up, and will continually f*** with it's citizens. It's sad, but true.
Peace,
BTG

#5 tiedye420

tiedye420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 03:04 AM

Sure this thread isnt how to get attention and busted By the DEA?
anyone caught growing over 99 plants is subject to heavy penalties and mandatory federal sentances..
Watch your numbers if you follow this formula, Id say keep it under 40 clones per cycle.
We should not stop plant improvement programs and the use of hybrid strains. However, we should provide a reserve of genetic material in case it is required in the future. Breeders can only combat future problems by relying on primitive gene pools

#6 Duck

Duck

quack.

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 22,857 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 03:21 AM

this doesn't say how to get rich off of it, it explains how to grow enough to get rich off of
close but not the smae thing
to actually get rich you have to sell the shit
and that's a whole nother story
Check out my poetry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stand up for your rights.

#7 LAB RAT

LAB RAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 04:06 AM

Oh & BTW alcohol is also a drug in the eyes of the law its OK to drink your drugs but your not allowed to smoke your drugs, does anyone think alcohol would be legal if it were a modern invention
Posted Image
LAB RAT

#8 grouchy_old_dude

grouchy_old_dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 04:23 AM

alcohol is a modern invention, in comparison to mj. BUT alcohol, like the plethora of "over the counter" drugs are socially accepted.
We're just a bunch of "social deveates" :D
"Death ain't nothin' but a speckled pony, that ain't never been rode"

#9 LAB RAT

LAB RAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 04:40 AM

Your absolutly right G.O.D. you dont see many people getting stoned going out in the car having a wreck & killing someone like drink-drivers do every day. The most dangerous a stoner gets is going to the store & buying the last of the milk & cookies.
Ban the bevy FREE THE WEED
Posted Image
LAB RAT

#10 Duck

Duck

quack.

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 22,857 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 04:52 AM

Your absolutly right G.O.D. you dont see many people getting stoned going out in the car having a wreck & killing someone like drink-drivers do every day. The most dangerous a stoner gets is going to the store & buying the last of the milk & cookies.
Ban the bevy FREE THE WEED

I wish my initials spelt God
Check out my poetry

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stand up for your rights.

#11 LAB RAT

LAB RAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 06:17 AM

Its just much easier than typing grouchy old dude, & yes i kind of embaressed him the first time i wrote it out like that, but if you want sound advice who better to ask than your local grass growing DEITY
Posted Image
LAB RAT

#12 tiedye420

tiedye420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 09:21 AM

Yes please legalize it so I can plant thousands of seeds at once.
So much easier to breed that way from what i hear. I dont have much experience growing 1,000 + fields- But im willing to learn If I have to teach myself.
Legaize it to free the breeders if nothing else.Save the enviroment- make paper and clothing from it. It all just makes way too much sense to me.
Where's the milk and cookies man?
We should not stop plant improvement programs and the use of hybrid strains. However, we should provide a reserve of genetic material in case it is required in the future. Breeders can only combat future problems by relying on primitive gene pools

#13 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 10:41 AM

Yes, growing it is only 1/3 of the process.
2nd is selling it, and I agree, an entirely different deal. That's conducting a criminal enterprize, and when you're dealing multiple lbs. you'll get involved with big-time crooks. 2 years ago a local grower got jacked for something like 6 lbs, the ppl. took the pot and sped off without paying, the grower and his friend chased after them in his truck. He started ramming the thieve's car from behind, lost control himself and ran into a ditch. The thieves stopped, came back while the grower & friend were trying to get their truck out of the ditch, and shot both of them, killing the grower and severly wounding his friend.

And the 3rd part of the equasion is laundering/hiding the $$$.
The gov't make get suspicious and do a little digging and ask you why is it that you have 2 new SUV's in the driveway and a house full of electronics yet don't have a job, or show any income from a legit source.
Income tax fraud baby, and they take away everything you have and send your ass off to a federal lock-up where you'll be cleaning toilets for 6 cents an hour for years.

#14 tiedye420

tiedye420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 12:18 PM

Thats it ranger- we finally agreed on something.. Personally i think your O.K., just a little brash at times.....
Your alright by me though, for the record. Whether we agree or not....Ya know.

Buy old volkswagons and fix em up kids, dont get caught with the SUV in the driveway man.

#15 meangreen

meangreen

• 1,098 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 01:50 PM

I will have to fire one up,as this is a first.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

The greatest service rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture-Thomas Jefferson

#16 tiedye420

tiedye420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 09:04 PM

Hey spark some of this stinky stuff up.. Four bongs and I took out the trash- tried to call the dogs but forgot their names....
tiedye

#17 adoutsider

adoutsider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 09:22 PM

If I had any of my own lnad I'd consider it.

#18 mynameisjake07

mynameisjake07

Banned

• Banned
  • 3,932 posts

Posted August 05 2005 - 10:24 PM

your pricing is way off
if your growing that much weed you wouldnt sell a lb for 2500
I personally would sell a lb for around 1000 if I was growing that much
And God said, "let the earth bring forth grass the herb yeilding seed".

Posted Image

#19 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 04:14 AM

Prices vary by potency (and to a lesser extent flavor, aroma and appearance).
My pricing is NOT off, I'm telling you what lbs. of good Emerald Triangle pot currently go for, when selling 5 or so lbs. at a time.
Single lbs go for $4,000--$5,000.
Maybe you don't have any experience with primo organically grown well-cured N. California ganja.

#20 tiedye420

tiedye420

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 05:19 AM

Shit I remeber getting them in SD for 1,800, then 1,850, then they went up to 1,950
pretty soon a single pound was at 2250, jake 07 that was before camp helicopters, and the very early 80's... Come on inflation over the next 20 years or so.
2500 is a damn good price, 5 lot or not.

#21 MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 01:15 PM

MH lights are better for veg.

#22 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 01:28 PM

Not so magic mushroom.
People used to think so, because, to us humans, MH appears to resemble spring/summer sunlight.
But according to Ed Rosenthal, and a increasing # of growers, HPS equals or surpasses anything than MH can do, in ALL stages of a plants growth.

#23 meangreen

meangreen

• 1,098 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 02:07 PM

Once again I disagree as most will ,indoor horticultural studies have concluded the opposite of Ranger says or what Rosenthal says. MH's are better for veg.MH's have a balanced color spectrum with a higher % of blue /violet light rays then hps.Mh's are proven to keep plants shorter,stockier,and with more vegitation then will a hps in veg ever will.Stockier plants are stronger,better able to resist disease,and more productive then a plant using hps in veg.Hps are strong in the red/orange spectrum which is proven to promote flower production and stem elogation with stem elongation being a negitive to the indoor grower and therefore inferior to mh in veg,but the best for flower.If one does not have the $ for both lights then HPS is the best for both phases as hps has more to offer in veg then a MH does in flower.
Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds-Albert Einstein

The greatest service rendered any country is to add a useful plant to its culture-Thomas Jefferson

#24 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 02:16 PM

Ed Rosental probably knows more about indoor marijuana cultivation than anyone who has ever lived.
Given adequate ventilation, HPS equals or outperforms MH.
The BEST single bulb to buy imo is a full-spectrum bulb (they make them for both MH & HPS ballasts).

#25 meangreen

meangreen

• 1,098 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 02:57 PM

I agree with ya on Rosenthal being one of the most experiened in the field and I agree with ya that full spectrum lighting is best with a combo of MH/HPS,but nowhere does he state hps is better then mh in veg.He does state if ya have one light a hps is the best all around. Given the resources a mh is better for veg regardless of what anyone says as blues are the primary spectrum needed for vegging plants which hps has little of.Show me the proof where ed says HPS is better in veg then MH,I have read all his books???Put your money where your mouth is; as by saying this conflicts with all scientific studies ever done on plant light spectrum needs.

#26 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 04:05 PM

OK, if you don't want to take my word for it, call another expert.

It was about 2 or 3 years ago after Ed R. did side-by-side comparisons (which I did about 10 years ago) and found out HPS out-performs MH, even for veg, as long as there is good ventilation (which all grow spaces should have).

P.S. I've been growing marijuana for a long time. Everything I post here is a result of personal experience--trial and error initially, later in a quest for knowledge. If I don't KNOW something from personal experience I'll state so in my posts.

Myths die hard. Take for example the post in another section of this forum where people claim they get high from smoking banana peels (nope). Or that hanging plants upside-down causes THC to migrate to the buds (nope), or that setting a jug of water/sugar/yeast in a grow room results in bigger buds (nope).
I was lucky enough back int the 90's to have multiple grow chambers. This allowed me to experiment with different techniques.
One of the first I tried was MH vs HPS lighting. When I first started growing indoors in the late 80's, I was told by and experienced knowledgable growers that HPS was better for veg than MH. But everything I read said no, MH for veg, HPS for flowering. So I did it that way.
I set up 3 indentical chambers. Same system (ebb and flood), same nutrients, clones from the same donor, but 1 with MH, 1 with HPS and 1 with full-spectrum. I checked several times/day.
I discovered that HPS out-performs MH, and is slightly better than a full-spectrum bulb (HPS produces more lumens per watt consumed).
The weed wasn't any better, but I got a faster growth rate with HPS.

Edited by Skip, December 02 2009 - 12:08 PM.

#27 MagicMushrooms

MagicMushrooms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 802 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 04:26 PM

This reminds me of an old thread. http://www.hipforums...93&page=1&pp=10 It turned into an arguing match. But anyway, I agree with ranger on everything except the light factor.

#28 LAB RAT

LAB RAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 04:27 PM

Rangerdanger go check your light spectrums you'll find MEANGREAN has done you up like a kipper once again
Posted Image
LAB RAT

#29 rangerdanger

rangerdanger

• 2,604 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 04:30 PM

*Sigh*
You won't take the advice of experts.

Hopefully, someday you'll see the light.

#30 LAB RAT

LAB RAT

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted August 06 2005 - 04:41 PM

Yes I do, water/yeast/sugar creates Co2 plants need light from the blue end= veg & red end to flower basic stuff really
Posted Image
LAB RAT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users