hands/arms move involuntarily while meditating

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 mjaye

mjaye

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 08:19 AM

I have been using meditation for the past few months or so and seem to feel more peaceful/relaxed from it. It is mostly visual with colours and images, my mind just lets go. Recently I bought a book by Diane Stein and she suggests communicating with the Lords of Karma to initiate karmic healing and release. Since I have been reading this book my meditation has been disconcerting-- I don't know if this has to do with the Lords of Karma or just my own spiritual growth -- but my hands and arms feel as if they have an energy of their own and they involuntarily raise up and come back down. My heart actually starts racing because I am a little bit scared. I have tried looking up information but there are so many types of meditation and yoga and I am not really sure what this is. I touched on some text about the awakening of the kundalini and that scared me even more because you supposedly need a guru and have harsh physical side effects. Should I be scared to meditate? Or is this the response I am getting that the Lords of Karma are actually present? If anyone has had a similar experience please share it, or if anyone has communicated with the Lords of Karma, that too. It feels as though my hands and arms are pulsating with some sort of energy-- one time they raised up and came to rest on my chest. The second time they raised straight into the air and came slowly sweeping down to my lap.

Thank-you

#2 yogi for peace

yogi for peace

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 10:22 AM

"Its all in the Mind"
- Beatles, Yellow Submarine

From your description I think your fine to continue meditation.

Look up Chi, Ki, Prana. That is three names for the energy you are feeling.

A lot of people try for very long to cultivate this 'feeling' of energy. You just need to learn about it and remember that it is your ethereal self, become disciplined with it.

Again that is just based on what you have said.
no outside links in sigs, sorry

#3 soulofthetrees33

soulofthetrees33

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 03:27 PM

the true mind is in the absence of itself.

remain medative, do not panic. let yourself, show you to yourself.
Sorry, no outside links in sigs

#4 natural23

natural23

• 1,115 posts

Posted July 29 2005 - 08:40 PM

Physio-Kundalini Syndrome

#5 Beautiful_Day

Beautiful_Day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted August 08 2005 - 10:47 AM

I know what you mean about the heart starts racing thing! Mine seems to do that when I get to a certain point usually about 45 mins into meditation my headspace kinda changes and I seem to just take off from my body, it is a wierd wierd feeling, I kinda start worrying when i get to this point and this is when my heart rate goes up...gonna hack it one day though :p
Sorry, no outside links in sigs

#6 flyinghigher

flyinghigher

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted July 18 2007 - 09:07 PM

its the kundalini energy. dont fear it. dont resist. let it take its course. if you are having an awakening... surrender to the divine. you will get signals from your inner self. follow them.
dont believe the scare stories. if you need a guru, one will appear. kundalini can be scary at times but it is not evil. it is the divine energy in all of us that burns off all the junk karma that has accumulated over lifetimes and purifies us for the final awakening. trust the divine and offer complete surrender. www.biologyof kundalini.com is a great resource amond others.

#7 lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia

Banana Hammock

• Lifetime Supporter 
  • 5,568 posts

Posted July 20 2007 - 12:41 PM

Don't worry. I find that if I go longer without meditating than usual, I start twitching. My face is actually sore after I'm done because it was twitching so much and I don't pay attention to it because I'm lost in my subconscious somewhere. It happens sometimes when I'm doing yoga, too. Try getting some music going...relaxing peaceful music. My body stays more in tune with the relaxation when I'm listening to music.