You must be at least 40 yrs old and a member of Old Hippies Group to Post Here

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by skip, Aug 26, 2007.

1. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I stand corrected - (and indeed alcohol appreciative)
    :)

2. dynamohumm

dynamohumm Member

Hi, my name is Dyna, and I'm 47.
    I would humbly like to apply for membership
    Here are some my qualifications

I live in the Hippy capital of Oz....Northern NSW

Nimbin and Bellingen are a short drive
    I wear my tie dye clothes religiously...

I brew beer, grow bush, and go barefoot whenever I can.

I can be contacted on Hip Forums. I sincerely hope my application meets your criteria.
    Yours,
    Dyna:2thumbsup::afro:

3. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Member

I wish I could find an ageing arien chick !

4. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Member

Drinking beer an smoking pot is like pissing into the wind! Best keep your shoes on Hunny ! :2thumbsup:

5. Old Head

Old Head Member

i would also like to join please.the link doesnt work for me either.sorry i posted before applying.

6. Stillcrazy

Stillcrazy Member

Sorry, another rule-breaker here. I have applied to join but haven't heard back yet, and I've posted anyway. That's the problem with these hippies, they never do what they're told. But I'm now smiling sweetly and asking nicely to join please.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

8. borntobwild

borntobwild Member

Yeah. We hippies don't like rules. I haven't been approved yet either, but I'm old.

9. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I dunno man. I lie rules. If it weren't for rules, I'd have nothing to break. Then I'd feel so, so, so normal.

And normal ain't my cup of tea!

10. RenmenTout

RenmenTout Member

I'm 43.. I'd like to join but i get: RenmenTout, you do not have permission to access this page.

11. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

This is a moderated group, your membership will need to be approved.

12. RenmenTout

RenmenTout Member

there is no way to join so how will they know i'll join unless one posts?

13. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Go To Post No 1 In The Sticky At The Top Of The Page, The Link To Join Is There...:).

Cheers Glen.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yep...when you try and join the group it will say exactly what I pasted...then you wait until whoever manages the group approves you

you aint missing much though :d

15. RenmenTout

RenmenTout Member

and like i said before: RenmenTout, you do not have permission to access this page.

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

17. DarkPenguin

DarkPenguin Guest

It seems to me to be quite contradictory to the spirit of 'hippie-ism' to require people to be a certain age to post to the old hippie forum. It's also rather ironic, considering one of the most famous slogans of the original hippie generation was 'don't trust anyone over 30'; now you seem to be saying 'don't trust anyone under 40'!

Also, this is 2011. Today, people born in 1971- after the 60s - are over 40. But many (most?) would interpret 'old hippie' to mean a person who was a hippie back in the day of the flower children (late 60s). Such people could easily have parented kids now 40. How could a 40 year old be considered 'old' anyway?

In think it's wrong; a lot of younger people would like to talk with 60s era old hippies and a lot of 60s era old hippies would doubtless love to talk with young people. Why put up walls?

Finally, people can easily lie about their age anyway, and trolls inevitably expose themselves. Plus, who wants to admit they're over 40? All you have is the poster's word to go by; you have no way of verifying one's age.

Anyway, I will respect your decision either way. Just expressing my thoughts on the matter

18. Shale

Shale ~

Welcome to the board DarkPenguin. Looks like you just arrived. Maybe you haven't noticed the hundreds of other forums on this board that are open to EVERYONE.

And you might notice at least one openly 36-year-old posting here (we keep him as a pet) :)

Actually, IDK how or if that 40-year-old rule is enforced and this forum is quite slow anyhow - we're all out on the board elsewhere rapping with the kids.

Could be that someone started this forum just as a place where ppl with a common reference could reminisce. Sometimes ppl who don't have much history can't relate on a visceral level to that time. In fact, it was a debate whether to let young ppl of 40 in here. As you say, my daughter is older than that now.

So, don't take this so seriously - nobody else seems to be.

19. DarkPenguin

DarkPenguin Guest

Thanks for the info, Shale. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I can tell by by your pics that you're the real deal, and I look forward to learning more about what the late 60s/early 70s was really like from the perspective of someone like yourself who lived it.

Again, thanks!

20. liberal libertarian

liberal libertarian Guest

Do I have to do some fraternity pledge to become a part of the secret society? Just kidding!!! Just wanna talk to some fellow "old" hippies (though I barely qualify, lol). I'm only as old as I feel, but still make the age criteria to be in the group :)

Just tried to use the link to "join" the Old Hippies group & it said:

liberal libertarian, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.