Would anyone like to take a stab at my cooking question?

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Americunt, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Americunt likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i would have put them right in the pork pot to soak up the butt juice

GLENGLEN, Americunt and Eric! like this.
  3. Eric!

Soak up the butt juice, LMFAO!!!

4. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Mmmmmm, butt-juice....

[​IMG]

Eric! likes this.
  5. deleted

deleted Visitor

santorum.. :p

6. Eric!

I'm all smiles for butt juice, LOL!

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that you may be forgetting that America use the Fahrenheit scale where 325 is equivalent to 165 celsius.
    That sounds about right, but it is better to raise the temperature for the last 30 minutes to brown the skin and seal the juices in rather than use 200 the whole time..

8. wilsjane

Gas °F ° C Fan
    1 275 140 120
    2 300 150 130
    3 325 170 150
    4 350 180 160
    5 375 190 170
    6 400 200 180
    7 425 220 200
    8 450 230 210
    9 475 240 220

9. Eric!

Ah, ok. That never occurred to me at all.

wilsjane likes this.
  10. wilsjane

I cook pork at 160.C in a fan oven, equivalent to 180 in a normal oven. For the last 30 minutes I increase to 220,C, equivalent to 240 to crisp the crackling and brown the rest of the outside. All I hope is that the OP did not follow your advice and cook the pork at 200,F (92,C) and end up eating raw pork LOL.
    Since I am semi retired and Jane still works long hours, I have started cooking again after a long break and I quite enjoy it.
    Many years ago, I did some design work at the Savoy Grill in London, probably the most highly regarded carvery in the world. The way the kitchens worked was amazing. The ovens were open fronted and had no thermostats. That way the temperature was set by adjusting the height of the gas flame and avoiding cycling the temperature from a thermostat. About 30 joints of the 2 meats of the day were loaded at different times with beef on the higher shelves where it was hotter. Larger joints were placed at the back and smaller in the front. The meat was basted continuously and moved around to prevent over browning. At the start of service, the smaller joints came out first, followed by the larger ones as they were cooked, as soon as another joint came out, it was used and the previous ones left for the following days cold buffet. The head chef ambled around, keeping an eye on everything and quietly advising his staff as required. It was amazing to see the finest food in the world being prepared with so little apparent effort, no one rushing and never a raised voice. Needless to say, me being me, I picked up some good tips on cooking. When the staff watch Gordon Ramsay on television, they must crease up laughing and think the guy is a complete idiot in the way that he works.