Women's bodily autonomy under attack again.

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by drumminmama, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Oh I know the complete opposite. It wasn't a deterrent at all and if anything just gave them a justification to throw their arms up and say "who cares".

Look at the sheer number of abortions each year, it's not all sad case stories in those numbers, a lot is just complete irresponsibility because they can be irresponsible because their wrongs can be corrected quite easily.

16 year old aren't going to weigh up the pros and cons, mum and dad forked the cash and they got out scott free, they're selfish but lucky, a huge relief. Phew, lucky I don't have to go through pregnancy. Whens the next party? There's no guilt there, just be thankful the parents had the money so no child has to be born to some dumb slut. ;)

That's why they dub it the easy way out...cause it is the easy route out. It's a shame.

I don't even know where I stand. I'm against having kids for the sake of having kids yet I'd love to see these irresponsible slutbags be stuck with them for the rest of their lives because I believe there should be sever consequences to your actions in this day and age. Yeah, nah, fuck 'em. They might contemplate later in life what they've lost on either scale. A child or their youth/life. And that shouldn't be on anybody but the themselves.

So I vote for no abortion! Unless rape victim cause that's fucked up, but if you are irresponsible enough to consent to unsafe sex and the big one happens, that's on them. Yeah nah, fuck 'em.

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Way too many people on the planet nowadays, its starting to get scary, every city will end up looking like Singapore soon

[​IMG]

Depressing

Save the trees, and all the cute little animals, and STOP BREEDING!!!

;)

3. Kerri

Kerri Members

If men had babies there wouldn’t be an abortion debate. Men’s control of their own bodies is never questioned.

2 people like this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Really? A lot of people say this, but it seems like they just repeat it because they have heard it before, I've never found it to be the case. Not only is an abortion a somewhat risky procedure, it's also extremely expensive when compared to typical birth control.

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Of course, I would have never chosen abortion as a form of birth control.....but I will always stand by it is a personal decision for each individual, and the government needs to stay out of it....

I am for anything that helps keep human population down....as humans are taking over the planet like a virus....so if people want to have an abortion before anything is kicking....let them. I always found it funny that humans want to control deer populations but don't want to have anything to do with controlling the human population.

If people want to have babies, i celebrate that also....

It is about freedom of choice...and not about someone else imposing their will on another, when it has nothing to do with them.

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Edit: @YFM
    They're a minority any way you look at it. It really makes no sense to be against abortion in general (except rape) because of Irmi's argument

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah well if you'd read what I wrote you'd see that I said I know people like this, so it's not something I've just heard and decided for the hell of it to repeat it or something.

One of the people I've known literally joked about it with a vacuum noise "time for shhhooorrrruuuck" -shrug- like I said, not a second thought about it.

And the cost is really irrelevant because ANY responsible family is not going to let their young daughter go through a pregnancy because she had a one night stand with a random.

8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I didn't say that you repeated it for the hell of it. I said that many people do, because I hear it often but have never met anyone like that.

And perhaps you are right about some families paying for their children to have abortions, but I don't think a lot of families can afford that, and I don't know if all daughters would be comfortable even telling their parents. I am grateful to have never been in that position, but I know my own parents would have not only not been able to afford an abortion, but also would have actively tried to stop me from getting one. So the cost really isn't irrelevant, not even a little bit. At least not in the USA, where not everyone can afford even basic medical procedures if they don't have insurance (and even sometimes if they do have insurance).

While I do believe in the right to safe abortions, I don't support a flippant attitude about them. It's a serious and life-altering decision to be made by a woman, her family and her doctor. I would personally never obtain one myself, but I do recognize the rights of other people to have different values than I do, and I can't imagine infringing upon that right.

1 person likes this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Any woman I've known (and, I admit, it's not many...lesbian and all) who has had an abortion was pretty messed up afterwards. Some stayed in bed for a week, guilt-ridden and depressed. One even went to counseling.

I'm sure there are some individuals out there who treat it like a medical procedure, but I think assuming women are using abortion as a form of birth control without giving it a second thought is a little unfair.

2 people like this.
  10. Scratched

Scratched Members

Lmao...my now-ex and I, on more than on occasion, would be doing it w/o protection (her choice- she wanted sex w/ no condom, then when "it's time!" I pull out).

Try doing that when she's on top, you tell her to get off you because you're about to give her a present, and she doesn't move, and gets mad. I know someone else that happened to as well.

Women are just as responsible for the sex act as a man. Unless it's rape.

11. Kerri

Kerri Members

Of course. That’s not what this is about. It’s about a bunch of old rich white men taking attempting to control women’s bodies through restricting abortion rights and women’s access to birth control and at the same time making sure viagara is covered by insurances

3 people like this.
  12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Preach it sista!

1 person likes this.