Womans History

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Applespark, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Applespark

Applespark Ingredients:*Sugar*

I'm taking a U.S. woman's history class. It's fascinating. Anyone else take woman's history?

2. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Sandwich making 101

[​IMG]

I've never taken a women's studies course. I never thought we needed to specifically focus on women since if you look they are already there in the other topics. I'm sure some women would disagree and say "well normal history is men's history". Well yes kind of in a way it is but that is because you were kept in the kitchen by men.

3. Applespark

You wouldn't know about sandwich making because that would require you to know how to spread two things apart to put something in the middle. You should probly stick to topics you're familiar with.

1 person likes this.
  4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

how would anyone ever learn anything? are you implying that women should stick to the kitchen?

i have not taken such a class. i was required one history credit in college, and ancient world history happened to fit perfectly into my schedule.

5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yes. It focused heavily on women's suffrage and women like Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony.

6. Applespark

No he made some rude sexist comment in which he edited after the fact so my response was to him and his sexist comment which isn't showing any longer from his edit.

Sambone likes this.
  7. Applespark

If he left his comment mine would make more sense to you. But he's a pussy and took it off.

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm probably not going to make any history books but feel like I should be included in women's history. I'll go down as the one historical bad ass that wasn't afraid to speak her mind on the interwebs and it seemed to bother a lot of men lol. A column or a blurb at least.and I'd smash that making a sandwich too. I'd make the best roast pork sandwich, but only for myself, or friends and not because I thought it was my duty no no, my duty is feeding my own guts, ain't no man's gut.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ah, yeah i've had that happen too. if it accomplishes nothing else, it's a teachable moment about the value of quoting a post that you want to argue against.

10. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter