Winning the War on Drugs?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Neosimian, May 18, 2011.

1. Neosimian

Neosimian Member

I'm from Canada, but I moved here to the USA four years ago. And I'm amazed at how nutty people are when it comes to weed. Just a few days ago I heard that in a few weeks I can expect to see helicopters overhead as they search for cannabis crops hidden in the wilds of Eastern Kentucky.

I can scarcely imagine the millions of dollars spent doing that — in just one state!

But hey, it's war, right? The War on Drugs. And they need expensive helicopters for that, right?

It's a strange kind of war where one side has enormous technical resources and the other side isn't actually fighting back. You'd think the people with the helicopters would win.

What would happen if the other side actually decided to fight back in some manner? Not violently — no, no, that would be a losing proposition, and immoral besides. But what if the "Cannabis Rangers" (to name the other side of the "war") adopted some amazing high-tech methods itself?

Like, for instance, capitalizing on the fact that weed is, well, a weed?

When somebody gets half an ounce of weed, aren't there a dozen or so seeds in the bag? What happens to those seeds? Do they get flushed down the toilet? Dumped in the trash?

What would happen if all those seeds got planted by roadsides? Would it be possible to find one million smokers who would play "Johnny Appleseed" with their cannabis seeds?

If 1,000,000 smokers planted 20 seeds, and a quarter of those actually produced a plant, and half those were female, we're talking 2.5 million seed-producing plants. (Let me check that arithmetic ... yep.) If those plants reproduced as weeds are wont to do, pretty soon there would be ... lots of them.

A year later there would be tens of millions of them scattered at random. Even George W. Bush would admit that that's too many for the helicopters to annihilate. Well, maybe he'd admit that; he seems pretty thick.

Now I don't know anything about growing cannabis. Maybe this idea wouldn't work because weed isn't that hardy. Maybe it's impossible to find 1,000,000 smokers who would plant seeds with no hope of getting THC-rich product in return. Maybe this idea has no merit.

If so, then I'm curious to know what's wrong with the idea.

Darn those helicopters.

2. p51mustang23

p51mustang23 Member

Money. It's all about money. The drug war MAKES PEOPLE MONEY. Big pharma, alcohol companies, prison systems and so many more. Even the government makes money. DEA people wouldn't have much work to do if weed was legal.

And no1 makes money planting on the side of a highway. Sadly, it seems that we're all greedy little bastards. At least we don't spread horrible lies :S

3. CrossingTheStar

CrossingTheStar Member

Perhaps we should make a website of people who will plant lots of pot all over the place on Nov. 5th.

If it gets popular, a lot of people might do it. It could have some effect.

4. Wawer

Wawer Guest

wow!) nice speech

5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

1 we do fight back
    2 who needs a bunch of shitty ditch weed bringing down the price of honestly guerilla grown canadian big bud

6. SG69

SG69 Member

It's a bunch of horse shit really. Why legalize something that can make fuel for 50 cents a gallon? Or something that can help the sick without liver damage you get from taking pain pills? Hmm maybe because it's ecological and economically efficient? Oh wait this is America, land of the nazi W. bush/obama stronghold.

7. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

Taxpayers forked over $1 trillion in 40 years paying for the impotent "War on Drugs." Results? More drugs available, major drug networks, cheaper drugs and more potent drugs.
    Im not even angry when someone talks about the "War on Drugs" all i do is laugh and wait for the day when i can wear a "Drug War Veteran" shirt. :sifone:

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

why not make shirts with Drug War Veteran on them.. ??

9. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

"LSD/THC - Never forget,,, or at least try really hard not to..."

Surrounding a black and white Steal yer' face.

Id fire up Pixia but I just finished dinner and I'm contemplating a nap. Someone else run with the scissors.

10. ScottDK420

ScottDK420 Banned

KY has helicopters and so does an area in Arkansas I got family there, in some hilly,wooded ,rural area, and recently the DEA and feds flew helicopters and found what they claimed was "30,000 plants worth $2,000 each.." Later I saw pics on a news website and the county sheriff said the plants were small and I saw no buds on even the tall ones, most were 3-4 feet tall, and needed 2 months at least to make buds and so on..the local cops had to help clean up the grow site, and they said their was about 10,000 plants, not 30,000 and many were young, planted late in the outdoor grow season and the plants were worth about $1,000 each..I think that is potentital worth on retail or by the pound for the biggest plants to bud out and be harvested..
    Funny thing is, I know the guy thats being growing for over 30 years and so on, and it's not like him to have 10,000 plants out in the open in a wooded valley type area..he been growing too long, and growing sinsemilla at that..I know it goes out of state and the good sinsemilla he has grown sells for a good amount of money compared to seedy Mexican brick weed,and is more potent by 2 or 3 times or so..Maybe a "plot" that was meant to be found, to keep the "eyes in the sky" busy there while in another area...the good green grows on...
    Damn a few days ago, a former state police officer, who retired about 1998 ish or so..was busted by a helicopter for having 4 damn plants!! lol..a helicopter wasted all the fucking tax dollars on avaition grade fuel, plus other operating costs for a helicopter, which for the type I saw go be in the distance , 4-6 total so far, costs $200 an hour to operate each helicopter, at least! Not to mention the pilots pay, the nazi bastard DEA spotters pay, and the maintainence on each helicopter, makes it very costly to operate, these were National Guard Helicopters, but our taxes still pay for those, I would estimate it costs them about $150-250 per hour of flight to operate, since the national guard is a military type group, and the army buys fuel and parts and oil,etc..for helicopters and ammo and guns all in large amounts which lowers the price per unit of equipment, but still,,busting a guy for 4 plants, and the helicopter stayed at this house and prevented him from leaving till the local cops got there,,another 30+ minutes to an hour , plus the cops spending hours on paperwork for 4 plants dude grew in his words to help with some health/pain issues...he got 2 misdemenor tickets, no jail..no big deal...they have damn meth dealing cartel related groups in the area, selling crystal meth and cocaine, and some heroin,and shitty mexican brick weed, why were the DEA dumbasses not busting the people with 80 kilos of Ice aka crystal meth??!! Money must have changed hands at some higher up level to keep the eyes in the skies looking for pot growers, and looking away from large scale meth distribution,cocaine and heroin sells and wholesale amounts stashed at variuos local and area houses and wherever their is a place someone can think up to hide the drugs..Shame on you DEA!!! Go to the border and stop the cocaine from Mexico that is cut with animal dewormer,and speed of some type often..stop the nasty,dirty excuse for heroin that is Black tar, a destroyer of life and veins..garbage smack that gets you loaded, bathtub H is what I consider tar...like bathtub crank, bunch of hillbilly types and others making crank(powdered, or chunky powder/rocks of methamphetamine) ..except these are Mexican people making tar in little easy "bathtub labs" , not pure like #4 colombian powder heroin or South East Asian #4 white powder heroin hcl..in the way that "crank" made in a small home lab is fairly potent and can be 90-95% pure meth, but the other 5-10% is often solvent residue,etc..it gets you really high on meth, but is not always as clean as crystal meth...black tar is the heroin world equivilent of crank, it gets you fucked up and loaded, but has a lot of residue and is not clean, tar is actually more full of actual impuritys than crank is..lol..crank was at least a powder or rocks that were white to yellow to light brown or pink,etc..and did not have solid ,non water soluble particles in it..unless someone later added some...tar has solid plant matter and unreated morphine variants as well as some codeine and so on,,where #4 powder heroin is a clean, refined powder..

11. FritzDaKatx2

That sums it up right there, the Feds get to push congress for a bigger cut of the tax-dollar pie thanks to all those "needed expendatures", they dont care where the money comes from, it all spends the same.

Well,,, the "Local Boy's" with a handful of plants are much less likely to have fully automatic weapons around with which to defend themselves with, The Cartel types are all probably sporting M4's and AK's, possibly with some PPK's and SAW's thrown in for good measure,,, who would you rather go up against? :D

12. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

I support the war on drugs. Fighting's a bitch when you're sober.

13. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

Imagine if we devoted these resources to the war on poverty. This war on drugs is just another fine example of how batshit crazy the United States really is. If this government really wanted to help Mexico with it's drug cartel problem, all it would need to do is legalize marijuana - that would eliminate half of the cartels' income. That's a fact. No, instead we make damn sure we run a story every night on some major "news' about border town violence so we can freak the shit out of a bunch of xenophobic, teaparty rednecks who will vote out of fear and stupidity for the DEA's and ICE's candidate, who is of course owned long before he/she even gets into office. The fact alone that they go to such great lengths and expense to shut down domestic growers is all the evidence you need that they are making vast sums of money, directly from the importation of drugs from Mexico. The last thing they want to do is stop it.

14. FritzDaKatx2

Unfortunate that the suffering of others is such a profitable industry to the upper 8% of the world's earners. Almost makes one think they just thrive on the suffering itself via some psychic link,,, but of course thats just crazy because science cant prove such things right? And yet both sides in the cold war devoted immense amounts of resources towards programs involving telekenisis and so forth,,, but no, thats just all tin foil hat nonsense right??

Fuck you Federal Government! Lying bastards. You are all bought and paid for fools who are slowly helping erode the very ability of the earth to support Human life all for the sake of one more BMW in the driveway and a deeper swimming pool. May your grandchildren spit on your memory...

15. I wouldnt want to get caught planting pot plants by the side of the road, I'd rather just grow them at my grandpas house

16. UXnIHAOnUXbmUXn

UXnIHAOnUXbmUXn Member

The war on drugs is slowly being won by the people.

Medical marijuana, synthetic cannibanoids, research chemicals, the hallucinogenic plant trade, etc...

The drug police are annoyed by all of these, but their primary focus is on the street narcotics where they have for years worked to shape the black market to their desire (the aim of the war on drugs was never to eliminate drugs).

Eventually the war on drugs will become irrelevant to a lot of white society. Our states legalize medical marijuana we get prescriptions for and they turn a blind eye to designer drugs we buy as research chemicals from online warehouses.

It will continue in urban centers and rural centers of poverty until those folks are so backed into a corner that they finally unify against it.

17. zsjuz

zsjuz Guest

Yes it is SO strange that Weed is illegal! So strange! It is time to set the people free from these laws!

18. FritzDaKatx2

Well, I figured out how they could at least remain as profitable even if they legalized weed,,, and told them,,, cross your fingers. :D

19. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I just want to be allowed to grow a few plants for myself.... You know, green things that grow out of the earth?

Rat Bastards!

20. FritzDaKatx2

Well I figured out how to shuffle it so the "Rat Bastards" only profit more right along with the rest of us, all one big happy fucking family 100% with a 50 lb. pie as opposed to a 5 lb Pie.

Plenty at the table for all.

See, I told ya' I'd just Annex them all. :cheers2:

Not a piece missing,,, ;)

[​IMG]