Winning the war on drugs starts with open debating

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by Mungo, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Mungo

Mungo Guest

In relation to the war on drugs, it's not just cannabis that should be legal, it's all drugs, as while they remain illegal, not only are they untaxed, they are also uncontrolled, unlabelled and of unknown content.

Governments around the world have a duty of care to watch over all of their citizens, and ensure that little or no harm comes to them. Thing is, when it comes to drugs, more often than not they bury their heads in the sand and pretend that it's not happening... which is a huge fail in their responsabilities to the people they are charged with caring for... namely you and me.

Dangerous drugs like heroin and crack have to be controlled by governments, as that way, the purchasing prices can be lowered and the market can be flooded.

If smack heads and crack heads could get a welfare check and buy an ounce for a dollar... what crime would there be?

By the same token, coke heads could get a gram of pure cocaine for 20 or 25 bucks, 15 of which could go straight into funding rehab projects for example.

As for tokers and stoners, there would be no more of this dangerous super skunk that's got who knows what chemicals burried deep within, chemicals that could end up killing us.

Government controlled, government taxed, government labelled.... no more turf wars over who sells what on which street corner, as its all sold through government shops, just like the intro to the film layer cake.

No more crack heads and smack heads stealing your wifes handbag, or breaking into your car or home to steal your hard earned goods, so that they can sell them on for 10% of their value, to feed their habits.

Then there's the collossal savings the governments would make by not needing to finance their costly wars on drugs, which they can and will never win.

Thing is, for this to happen, people in the mainstream need to start talking about it... websites like this are good, but they don't get visited by those who dont toke.

I'm making this film, or rather, i've made this film called Amsterdam, during which there's a really big scene which debates the above topic, but i'm stuck at the post production stage and need help moving forwards.

As a community, i'd like to ask my peers to spare a few minutes to check out Amsterdam's campaign for more funds, at;

http://www.indiegogo.com/Amsterdam?c=activity&a=260098&i=addr

Or to take a look at www.amsterdamthemovie.com
    I can't honestly say that i've ever heard of anyone laughing themselves to death, death by munchies, or death by thinking... yet weed is outlawed, and that needs to change.
    Millions of people every year die from smoking cigarettes. Millions more die from alcohol abuse... then there are the millions more who are negatively affected by the use of fags and booze.

So how come cigarettes and alcohol ain't illegal?

I'll leave you with the comments from a character called Danny, from a cult movie called Withnail & I... "why turst one drug and not the other?"

Drugs are drugs... so prohibition should apply to all of them, or none of them... enough with the cherry picking.