Why is marijuana illegal?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by WoodstockChild, Sep 23, 2006.

1. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I've never understood why marijuana is illegal when things twice as dangerous (like alcohol) are.

2. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

loads of threads like this- but ive realised a new reason. maybe its not asmuch of the harm- but the affects. i mean ciggarettes only relax u, booze can get u really pissed but i mean mj just fuck u up BIG time. anyway im sure it will be legalised in near future :s

3. mr.greenxxx

oh and woodstock- ive hear u say ur dads in DEA, so hasnt he mentioned anything?

4. WoodstockChild

No, not really. Our relationship isn't that good. We're constantly arguing, he's constantly angering me, and whenever I speak up against his job or even mention drugs he tells me I'm being disrespectful and tells me to go into the other room. I try to talk to him as little as possible and if he never comes back from that business trip I'd be perfectly happy. Naw. I hope it's legal someday. But he's just one of those fascist pigs who wants to shove propaganda down your throat at any opportunity. I think all DEA agents are like that, and believe me from what I've heard of cops and festival security and such, they're fighting so hard to wipe pot off the face of the earth. The world would be better off without people of that nature in it. I fucking swear, with all these "hidden cameras" at concerts and hippie festivals it's fucking FASCISM.

5. mr.greenxxx

there will always be people like that- dont worry. i see ur taking the issue with ur dad like its really really huge. dont worry about it- ur 15 now and in 3years u can do whatever u want. dont worry about ur dad- he cant do shit once ur of age. right now hes just trying to brainwash u to think like the rest of narrowmined, ignorant anti weed people. oh and yea im sure it will be legalised soon- in like next 10years. but sont worry about legalisation since no one will care once ur of age :D

6. WoodstockChild

How will it all the sudden become legal? People were way more lenient back in '69. People ALWAYS smoked in concerts and festivals. Now there are hidden cameras to help the pigs bust people.
    Understabdable. My parents are major conservatives. I'm the only mega-liberal in my family. I wonder how long I can hide that from them...

7. mr.greenxxx

until ur 18- otherwise they will most likely make ur life hell

8. Ebene

Ebene Mountaineer

Uh, no. In '69 if you were caught smoking pot the punishment would be much more severe than today.

9. rob1134

rob1134 Member

yea, just because more people did it and were open about it doesnt mean the laws were less strict.

10. rockon19

rockon19 Member

marijuana is illegal because hemp is so useful and cheap.

the governments said reasoning behind growing and cultivating cannabis is that it has an evil twin sister, marijuana.

in other words, the people who are making the money right now, and paying for campaigns of politicians--they would go out of business. its a sort of pay-off. get it?

woodstock. dont give your dad a hard time. he's probably been through some really serious brainwashing by the government. dont look at it as him having the problem. he is the victim of a corrupt establishment: the U.S. Government.

11. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

woodstock, just ignore him & when hes retired & all& your lil older..smoke him out..show him all the truththats out there..then smoke him out..
    i've had retired dea sm,oke me out before & agree it should be legalized, he hasta believe what he believes if he wants to keep his job..once hes retired he's free to think for himself..&thats whenu can slowly & gently pry open his mind & let a bit of truthin

as towhy..bussinesses like textiles oil cotton paper dozens of others fight realhard to keepit a dangerouse drug, because it would almost entirely replace so many businesses..
    legalization would be a total economic revolution,

just think,instead of wiping out forressts for lumber & paper..forrests that take hundreds of years togrow, for paper that falls apart easily..instead ya have a 90 day crop that makes paper that can last forever

yes it m,akes sence to doit..but the big buxcks are in the wasteful industries..buy break replace repeat forever

12. WoodstockChild

He is a brainwashed minion. But it's his fault he's a government-programmed pawn. He joined the DEA in the first place.

13. DepTh

DepTh Member

14. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

nah, booze will fuck you up big time.

15. mr.greenxxx

yea but most people dont drink til their leaing on walls and throwing up- however most stoners DO smoke till their retarded so...

16. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

Weed grows so well if its not in check that no one would be abole to tax it, and hemp can be used for lots of things that are taxed so the government would lose lots of money if it were legal and thriving, so they make it illegal and magnify and lie about its affects so they can stop the use of and research of marijuana and hemp.

*TLDR* The government is gready and cares more for money now than benifits in the future.

17. joker73a

joker73a Member

That's because back in 1937 DuPont came out with nylon and hemp aka marijuana was a more practical alternative to nylon and DuPont knew this and they helped in the passing of the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act of 1937 giving us the prohibition we have today,not just in the US but in other countries as well. Bogus and racist reasons were used to pass this tyranical excuse for a law. During the drug war we have now we find that tobacco companies have actively assisted the Partnership For A Drug Free America and the alcohol companies help keep marijuana illegal because they don't have any competition and they want to keep it that way. Marijuana is safer than other drugs including tobacco and the only risks to it are legal instead of medical as with other drugs.

18. nwn9000

nwn9000 Member

There is a page that shows many studies, annecdotes of marihuana consuption and that it is a very very effective drug without any side effects. (besides the DEA catching you and harm you in ways that cannabis could never have) The page is www.rxmarihuana.com and its presented by Lester Grinspoon, M.D and James Bakalar, J.D.( the first one is Associate Professor of Psychiatry [Emeritus] at Harvard Medical School and the second is Lecturer in Law in the Department of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School)

Come on!!! goddam the DEA and the DFA
    Shame on them!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

19. WoodstockChild

Shame On Them!!!!!!!

20. subHerban Greens

subHerban Greens Member

Mexicans!

I saw something on the History Channel about it. They said Mexicans were doing some work(I forget what) and the US guys said "shit, we needs to get these Mexicans out of here" Then they were like " Aww shit mofo! Thems Mexicans be smoking the herb. Let's ban the herb to get these fools out of this place yo!" And so the MAN began making up laws to ban the herb. Then they went form there. It was complicated but that's what I got from the whole thing.
    Oh yea then there is that risk of smoking the herb and then going out to kill people. That's another reason why it's illegal. They made up bullshit stories to scare you.

But you know what I say to the MAN? I say " Have you fucking smoked the herb even once, bitch?!" Then in a weak little voice the MAN says "...no..." So I say "Then SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

THEEEEE ENDDDDDD

So to sum it up.... Racism and Lies.