Why do you live there?

Discussion in 'Hip Communities' started by Nebulous, Mar 23, 2020.

1. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so your top argument for living there is that interesting things happened there a few centuries ago?

Scottishdk likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No, they make great tourist attractions ...lol..

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's just so cosey for me. Don't have traffic to deal with, ever. The freeways into the city are easily accessible and doesn't take too many hours if needed to go into the city. Plus it's where my wife chose for us when I showed her so, wife won. :)

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  4. b.kind

b.kind Members

I could live anywhere. I live in Hawaii.

TanekRune likes this.
  5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

if you could live anywhere, hawaii seems like a pretty damn good choice.

6. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

I live in Greece for my sins, its great CV scraped us somewhere like Athens and that's 2 1/2 hours away, the beach is 20 minutes away, and yes we live half way up a mountain olives all over the place along with sheep, snakes and other wild life which includes birds not small ones big ones, we have birds of prey here, which there seems to be a couple short of, for some unknown reason.

But its the land of cheap wine and beer mind you I miss a good pint like Adams bitters, but make do with home made beer which comes remarkably good, but living half way up a mountain makes it taste good.

Life is as good as you make it.

Forgot to add I spend most of the summer naked most days from the time I get up till bed time except dog walking and shopping, exercise in my grove with old tyres, there free and they work well.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
  7. PGA

PGA Senior Member

I have lived in many towns and cities with different natures and cultures, such as mountainous with high picks covered by snow, arid and desert alongside thousands of sand, seashore with ultimate waves, as well as, a forest with too many bird songs. I have enjoyed anywhere that I have been to. Wherever you go the sky is the same just it depends on how it is yours though.

8. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I moved to San Francisco in 1985 to be in a gay and gay-friendly environment. By the late 80s, I was out of work and rent was skyrocketing out of control. I moved to L.A. and have been here ever since. The weather is moderate. I can commute by car. Everything I could want is here.

Bilby and Bicaptain My Captain like this.
  9. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

Live where I live as its well placed for work and the things I enjoy. No family where I live

10. TanekRune

TanekRune Members

I live here because I moved for a partner. I'm too poor to fly out, the bridge costs $50 to cross, and I don't want to swim for kilometers. Which works out because I really like the ocean, we get along.

11. Jude96

Jude96 Members

im from upstate ny originally and moved to Cali when I was a younger guy. did a lot of traveling playing in a little band and had a hell of a time. I moved back upstate in 2017 and ended up finding exactly what I needed/wanted in my (then) late 30's. best move I made. ended up reconnecting with the love of my life who was staying with her sister in Conn. and now we have a family up here in the country. 1st act was a lot of fun, a lot of exploring, traveling and being a bit crazy. 2nd act definitely has all the elements that made me want to finally drop the anchor and settle down. it's deeper. perfect for me. i appreciate my home here in Windham a lot more now at 41

12. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

If you can afford it go ASP don't wait do it now or your regret it.

13. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

I moved to be closer to my younger brother.
    He had terminal cancer.
    I then settled here.
    I will stay.

Bicaptain My Captain likes this.
  14. Barry Mandelay

Barry Mandelay Banned

I've lived from coast to coast in the USA. Settled in my present location to continue my career through retirement. Finished raising the children who live close by with grandchildren. The area suits me as I have access to all I need, many friends, a nice plot of land, and weather that is mild even in winter. We now have a plot in the local cemetery as a final resting place so here I am for the duration.

15. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I live here because this is where I wound up. If things get too crazy here, we might move to France.

16. Barry Thrift

Barry Thrift Members

I love it here, the topping would be good neighbour's we have two and one who works in Germany, he's OK but the other two are local brothers who think they own the place and hate having a rebel around here, but I love it great place to live, the air is clean and fresh and the sea is clean, its about 20 minutes away and we have a view over the bay of Kalamata.

17. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

I’ve lived in Michigan since the age of 13. The last 28 where I am currently. It’s a lakeshore town. I’m half block from the channel boardwalk and 4 blocks from the State Park beach and pier. Summer tourists swarm the area and it’s a party atmosphere on weekends.

18. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It’s all about the environment. Trees, temperate rainforest, puget sound and the granddaddy of all water features....the Pacific.

scratcho likes this.
  19. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

The main reason we're here is family.
    I was very ill and (mis)diagnosed as terminal. We had the opportunity to move closer to supportive family. If you stuck the point of a compass here and spun it, the circle would include several family members. In particular, when I died I wanted her to be very close to her people in Tennessee, who are some of the most loving folk I've ever met.
    Other than that, I'm just west of the Nantahala mountains, just north of the tallest mountain in Georgia. 75% of our county's National Forest. The lake's just down the hill. Our nearest town has a population of 440. Our biped neighbors are more friendly and engaged than any I've ever come across; others include fox, deer, black bear, turkey, owls, hawks, and bald eagles (saw two yesterday); our 'bird list" is over 60 species long. We even had an itinerant golden eagle one winter. Wildflowers here are amazing. Pre-Pandemic, there was lots of live Trad. & lots of art, which means more like-minded folk than you might imagine. There was usually a contra dance on Saturdays (dearly beloved, but alas, now beyond my ken); we even have a mob of Morris Dancers (a sign of a healthy community if ever there was one). The 'vibe' is here if you're attuned to it.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2020