Why do non Christians do immoral things?

Discussion in 'Sanctuary' started by thefutureawaits, Oct 30, 2017.

1. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Seriously? Do you actually believe that? I do not think any religion can teach people to FEEL empathy or compassion for all living things.

1 person likes this.
  2. Amerijuanican

Amerijuanican Banned

Moonglow,

I was thinking from the perspective that someone in a church, with pastor(s) and all those people to be "right" around, would be more likely to do the "right" thing, to get approval.

3. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

There's hypocrisy in every religion and ideology. What else is new?

2 people like this.
  4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

presumably for all the many same reasons christians, or the followers of any other religion, do.

if you worship the desire to be feared, equate freedom with thoughtlessness and hate logic,
    these things can be expected to follow.

5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Well the basics like murder stealing, rape, adultery , sex before marriage , homosexuality sexual immorality greed those kind of things.

6. Desos

Desos Senior Member

Have they though? Do you have the numbers to back that up? This article says that 100 million were killed in the name of communism. 100 Years of Communism—and 100 Million Dead

The mongols killed 40 million people.

Or how many people were killed by the persian empire, pre-christian greeks, pre-christian romans, the aztecs or all of the non-christian empires.

A lot of people were killed by christian empires too but I don't think that killing people is exclusive to christian empires.

My point is that people have been killing people almost since the beginning of history, regardless of their faith.

I don't believe that everyone that calls on the name of Jesus will be saved, and I don't believe that everyone that doesn't believe in Jesus will go to the second death.

I think that some non christians do moral things because they are good people, and some christians do bad things because they are bad people.

But some christians do moral things because they are good people, and some non christians do bad things because they are bad people.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I doubt that the Communists killed those people in the name of Satan, since they were atheists and didn't believe in him either. In the name of Marx and Lenin maybe., or dialectical materialism. As for Satanists, they may have killed some people in sacrifices to the Prince of Darkness, but we don't have a body count. Re the Mongols, I doubt that they even heard of Satan, since they were predominantly shamanists at the time. Likewise, the Persians, pagan Greeks and Romans, and Aztecs did their killing in the name of other gods. We might suspect they were inspired by Satan, but they didn't use his name. Again, no reliable body counts. Spanish records say that the Aztecs conducted sacrifices 18 times a year, with some 60 victims each. Aztec records put the number even higher, although some scholars suspect they were inflated to give them a badass reputation. .

Well put!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Why do non-Christians do immoral things? A wise man once asked "Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?" We should ask first why we do immoral things.

Cello Song likes this.