Why are many people so different online?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Deidre, Dec 12, 2017.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Weirdo's Blend In Well Around Here......We Hardly Noticed Your Weirdness Till You Told Us......:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  2. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

haha You don't seem ''weird,'' tbh. I've liked your posts. Maybe that makes me weird? :anguished:

3. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I just use Facebook to pick up hotties...j/k

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yes

It does :tonguewink:

But to be fair, everyone is a weirdo.. We just pretend like we aren't when in public.

Whenever I feel nervous around certain people, I always remind myself that they have some freaky stuff about themselves too :smirk:

fundoo, Deidre and Eric! like this.
  5. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I can very much relate both on and offline. Though i've discovered that i don't even have to ever interact with a person for them to resent me.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Find This Hard To Understand......I Consider Myself A Pretty Good Judge Of The Human Race......

All I Can Come Up With Is That Certain People Resent The Fact That You Are So Fit......Many Years

Ago When I Was Into Bodybuilding I Found Some People Would Look At Me And Give An Instant

Negative Expression......Perhaps This Is The Reason.....:confused2:

Cheers Glen.

Lynnbrown and fundoo like this.
  7. Total Darkness

I recall this happening more in school or work environments. Online as well. I don't think it has anything to do with fitness. I function slower as i'm ADD. Maybe that's why. For offline that is.

Online, i had a woman a few years back expressed resentment after posting traveling photos. Hmmm. But yeah, people be hatin for stupid things.

Deidre likes this.
  8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

haha Why were they resentful over your travel pics? Maybe they're jealous and wish they could travel, too? I love those travel pics. I live vicariously through you, since I'll NEVER pet a tiger.

Lynnbrown and fundoo like this.
  9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, if someone resents total darkness, the travel pics would be my best guess as the reason. i know i'm jealous of all of them that don't involve bungee jumping.

Deidre and fundoo like this.
  10. fundoo

fundoo Members

My reply is to both the original post you made on this thought (and/or Eric?s comment) and the ADD part. I'm quite interested in the ADD stuff now because I am being considered for perhaps having ADD and anywhere I can get more insight on this would be helpful. So, if you don't mind sharing some of your thoughts and experiences (my next post will be in the What's Happening, if not tonight, soon). But to the original thought (wait, what was it again? Ha! J/k...ADD joke, but maybe a little true. Anywho)... the resentment and people who don't even interact with you/us and yet give you/us trouble. Totally happened to me! I'm like, "I hardly talked to you or maybe never talked to you directly and you talk about me behind my back or "tell on" me?!!" I mean, I'm the type who likes to know if someone has a problem with me and that me and that person should work it out ourselves first if possible, rather than them talking behind my back (um, I mean, unless all of you secretly talk about me behind my back and I'd just rather not know that. Ha! I'm kidding again! I hope nobody talks about me, or at the least not negatively. :) ) Anyhoo, so, I mean I guess that's all I wanted to say. I can relate to the thing about "resenting", or well, I guess the "making enemies" sorta related more. Hmm I figure it's cause I speak my mind, which,

to the OP, yeah, wwith me-what you see is what you get, except that maybe I'm a little more open about some things online than offline, but then also more quiet about some things online than offline, but I'm generally a pretty open (openminded) type, but still not afraid to share my feelings if they disagree (er...ha! Maybe I sometimes disagree just for the sheer thrill of like devil's advocacy. Ha! But that is 99% just joking around, and so not that often because I worry how folks will react. I don't WANT to make enemies!...mostly. :p) So yea, good thread! Surely I will come back to vent about the "fakeness" out there and whatnot. :p

Deidre likes this.
  11. fundoo

fundoo Members

I kinda replied to the OP in my last post, but why is this in "religion and phil... oh, i guess it IS kinda philosophical. Maybe? Heh! Hmm^^ legit question, but maybe I answered it (??)

12. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

lol I guess I thought it was somewhat philosophical. :tearsofjoy: Maybe ''random thoughts'' would have been the wiser choice?

13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Agree! Bungee jumping seems too risky, and not much fun. At least if I'm going to take such risks, the end result should be fun. What is fun about free falling, nearly hitting the ground, then recoiling up and down, until you just dangle there? I'd have nightmares forever.

14. Total Darkness

Its just speculation. But its not uncommon to get a silent treatment from members who were cool with me or some type of behavior that hints to a feeling of resentment shortly after my pic posts.

Any questions in general?

Well you don't know unless you at least try. ;)

I was never sure about the end results or whether i'd even go through with it.

Deidre likes this.
  15. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Are you talking about here on HF, or at AF? I could see it happening on AF. lol They can be a little moody over there, sometimes.

Well, I did say in another thread here that I'd like to start taking more risks, but good risks. Bungee jumping is not a good risk. :relaxed:

16. Total Darkness

Won't say which. But there were others forums i was in.

Well, its not a bad risk either. :smile: But i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. :)

Deidre likes this.
  17. fundoo

fundoo Members

Well, not sure if this qualifies as general or not because it's probably by individual case by case and might depend on the age one's diagnosed, but I'm just wondering what all it takes to get diagnosed or how long. And what the treatment might be. I don't mean to pry or anything, just frustrated with the slow process so far and worried it won't help in the end. :/

-----------
    Eh hem, now I was going to say something about the fakeness of FB... So, groups are ok, and I've a few good friends, but most just feels like me with a bunch of strangers that aren't even watching or reading what anybody says. I guess I'm just wanting to step away, but then when I leave for a day, I'm like completely out of the loop! I guess it's been a really weird day and I'm honestly considering major overhauling (limit who i follow, cut back on groups, etc)...but I'm anxious about change too. Ha! The irony! Everybody cares and yet nobody cares what i do! It's so hard to see through all that crap just to make some real point or connection or something. :/

18. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Im starting to notice that some people are actually easily offended, especially online. Is it because they can actually READ what you say (over and over again) and take things out of context because there's no facial gesture or any other body language to go with what you wrote? (Bunch a Damn wusses!)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    Deidre likes this.
  19. David0301

David0301 Members

i totally agree with you. and this is why I avoid ALL social media. For the very same reason you mentioned. People dont behave as they would if they stood in front of you. Many paint a different picture of themselves. I gave this forum a try though because internet is the only media these days

Deidre likes this.
  20. Total Darkness

I went to a doctor many years ago for it after having difficulties at work. They prescribed Adderall shortly after. This was many years ago so i don't remember too much. I stopped taking it after a while.