Who Would You Like To Be Instead Of Who You Really Are?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Backchat, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I still feel this way, but little by little, I’m getting there. :blush:

scratcho, Meliai and Noserider like this.
  2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Arwen Undomiel

3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Leonardo Da Vinci

4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Scrooge McDuck.

Deidre likes this.
  5. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

Once you've become this person will you still have your memories of you?

6. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

I think me but start again 11 knowing what I know now. Or maybe swap places with my missus. I can then carry her pain from things and she'd be me and happy.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

whoever i am i am, so its not exactly an instead. but sure, i'd like to be that guy in my icon, my earlier fursona.
    its not about who, but where. mountain, forest, and freedom from building codes. which have their place in cities.

someone who didn't have to indenture themselves to symbolic value to be allowed to create things that someone else isn't going to almost immediately come along and destroy.
    someone who was born someplace where this would not exist.

some other world, some other species, whatever it would take for this not to be so.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

someone who could start a thread that would grow legs.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I'd like to be nobody at all

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'd like to be exactly who i am, only with all the toys (that i would want, which means things i can make or explore with) i don't have to play with and not having to worry about it.

11. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

I change my mind about who i want to be too often to know.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

being who i wanted to be when i grew up when i was little would still be fun of course, if i didn't have my anxiety issues so i could enjoy it.

i mean i might have grown up to be bill gates or elon musk if i'd had the right circumstances and everything.

well not them exactly, but the kind of unwritten fantasy character who was, well i wanted to be an actor, a politician and a railroad ceo, all at the same time,
    but also a little bit of a mysterious figure like doc savage.

i doubt if there's anyone really like that in real life. i don't believe the images anyone projects,
    but it would be fun to be able to project them.

also even more fun, you know to be able to help places in the world, to be where everyone could have opportunities,
    even places (like the u.s.) that imagine themselves more fortunate then they are.

there are a lot of things and places people are fooled into screwing up for themselves and each other, and i would have liked to be able to use being all of that,
    to sort of unscrew them. you know like when the origeonal star trek's away team landed on some place and were able to fix everything up in a single half hour episode.

13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

who i would like to be is who i really am, if you would permit me to explain, you see, who i am currently, is a very poor quality clone, of myself.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'd rather be who i REALLY are, instead of a human with a mundane name.

15. themnax

themnax Senior Member

science officer mr dr strange yoda red panda spock, ti-cat shape changer green furred cat-weasil.
    why would i want to be anything human if i could be something like that?

see that little green cat guy in the little picture to the left? yah, that's me him.

16. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I'd like to be Jake Gyllenhaal. He seems like a happy guy with a lot of integrity and tallent.

17. Alonso376

Alonso376 Members

As a straight swap now I'd be my wife. Working with lots of men in close environment. Would be having the time of my life. If any person any time, I'd be me at 13 again.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not who, but what, how, and why.
    at any rate that little guy in that picture to the immediate left of this post.

someone smart enough and ambitions enough to have followed a more rewarding path,
    but with no more compromising of what matters to me then on the path that i did.

someone on a world in another solar system, where logic is less hated and dispised.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

no matter where i go, there i am.
    if i could live in some rich guys house, i'd turn the living room into a model railroad, a spare bedroom into an office/library, if there wasn't one already, and half of the multi-car garage into a machine shop. but being who i am, with the perspective i have, i don't really know how long i'd be able to keep it.
    lawns and gardens, even golf courses, would be turned into creative gardens of perennials intermixed with things to eat. and speaking of golf courses, those would become communes and meditation retreats with little ride on trains and also for species survival places for endangered species.
    but really the who, is totally unimportant. sure there are people who have done things like i would like to do, but no one i know well enough about to step into their lives.
    i guess elon musk comes to mind, as robert hienline's mand who sold the moon.
    there are several authors and musicians, almost all of whom are ones most people have never heard of though.
    and yes i have several 'sonas. but they're all pretty much just me. themnax and fingol, others randomly generated and almost as quickly their names forgotten as i too often do of people in real life.
    i'm just not really, you know, individual personalities are not really something i focus on in real life.
    landscapes and trains and computers and little furry creatures are, and the odder of all of them the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.