Who is your drug using role model?

Discussion in 'Drug Polls' started by sungazer, Jul 2, 2007.

1. braden

braden Member

Gary Busey.

[​IMG]

2. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

3. braden

braden Member

WTF! How could I forget Billy Mays, for fuck sakes.

...weird, thumbs and drugs seem to go hand in hand.

4. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

dont worry man, no one even found out he was using coke until like three days ago lol

5. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Paul Erdos- genius and notably published mathematician who, like me, took pharmaceutical amphetamines for most of his life.

6. slappyman

slappyman Member

I would say Frank Zappa, but he never did drugs, he just made their use alot more fun.

7. MellowViper

MellowViper Member

Authors HST and PKD

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

funny seeing Conan OBrian chase him with the blimp and gary was drooling..

9. JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower Guest

Syd Barrett and Hunter S. Thompson.

10. BillyX

BillyX Member

Alexander Shulgen, Rick Strassman, David E. Nichols, Terance McKenna & Albert Hofmann. Without these guys and many others ive listed drug culture & knowledge would be no where near what it is today!

11. nanettetron

nanettetron Member

I think drugs are bad and I do not condole the use of them in any way. A few good people because of peer pressue and maybe health issues have been accused of misuse of drugs and I think they just made mistakes that can be erased to a more profitable life and better one. Not the norm , but the exception. Like Willie Nelson, accomplished musician and composer had a problem not too long ago. Whitney Houston's daughter is said to have a bad drug habit. I think she just needs some guidance in the hour of the recent loss of her mother. For me I think friends and work are a healthy way of steering away from drugs and trying to be a good example and strive to be the best at something quality to give back to the world , but putting something in. Try. Dear Lord please help us all to combat our weaknesses and flaws with the love of God and strive for the best and peace and morality in this mixed up mean world. Please give us wisdom, love and compassion on each other in brotherly and sisterly love one for another until Jesus comes again. Amen and Amen.:)

12. Mr.Good Cat

Mr.Good Cat Member

My father.... He went to prison when i was 8 for selling weed but he never touched it again. He is really a good person, He said he wouldn't take it back b/c it allowed him to spend all the time with me when i was young, and he did we always did stuff together. Both my parents were home well in till he went away for a wile.... So yea my dad.

13. etkearne

Probably William S. Burroughs. He kept it real. No bullshit. He knew that he liked the most addictive types of drugs and did his best to keep his life decent and not ruled by addiction. He is my role model in that respect.

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Terrence Mckenna
    Jimi Hendrix
    Alexander Shulgin
    Simon Posford
    Alex Grey

15. ganjabomber

ganjabomber Senior Member

Jon Fishman and Frank Zappa. Zappa because he made psychedelic music without psychedelics; Fishman for reinventing the drums.
    T. Mckenna too.

I don't really admire these people because they trip, i just admire them while i trip. that being said, id like to throw mike gordon and my dad in too.

16. Delta 9 The Psychonaut

Delta 9 The Psychonaut Member

Good Choices!

I've never really considered anyone a profound role model though. Hunter S. Thompson, Mckenna, Alex Grey, Huxley, Simon Posford, are all inspiring though.

17. SoySoldier

SoySoldier Member

Aldous Snow

18. etkearne

Good 'ol Terrence McKenna. I love that guy for some reason. You wouldn't think that I would like him if you know anything about me. First, I only take psychedelics once in a blue moon and instead ravish in amphetamine and opioid use. Second, I am a hard-core materialist and am very skeptical about the mind existing outside of the synaptic network in the brain.

But, damn, still, every time I watch a video about him or read one of his theories, I am filled with great respect for the man, and his incredibly smart brother Dennis! They both really were not afraid to get new ideas OUT there. Most academics are so concerned with their 'image' that even if they have a radical idea, they keep it to themselves. But these guys didn't have that problem. I would bet that at least a few of their theories will pan out to be true or at least partially true.

I have the utmost respect for the McKenna brothers.

19. MayQueen~420~

MayQueen~420~ ♫♪♫♪

Janis mother fucking Joplin!

20. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Let's have us a Jeffery and go rub a furry wall...

IMO this is Puff Diddy's brightest moment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPpxbEl-e8o&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Get Him To The Greek - Jeffrey Scene (High Quality) - YouTube