Where Are You Going To Be Buried?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Bud D, May 18, 2016.

1. lovelyfoxes

lovelyfoxes Members

At sea haha

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i'm not. at least i hope i'm not going to be in my body when it becomes completely disfunctional to be disposed of.

where and how MY BODY will be disposed of is anybody's guess,
    and i would imagine that will be the least expensive and most convenient way the government can find to do so.

at this point, i don't really see any good reason why it should matter to me what's done with it.
    what matters is to make damd sure i'm NOT still living in it when it is.

if other people want to identify with their physical form, i guess that's up to them.
    what i identify with are my perceptions/outlook/and priorities.

3. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

I am getting burned at the stake for all the men I cursed.

......When they catch me!!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

I prefer cremation.

5. Wu Li Heron

Wu Li Heron Members

I want to be buried upsidedown under a fruit tree,
    Preferably a truly fruity fruit tree,
    Not another bland banana tree,
    Not another tasteless seedless clone,
    But something bold that rots as it falls to the ground.

6. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Plasticated and on display in my own small museum.

7. Xander1400

Xander1400 Members

As soon as i can find out the legality of it, i will know for sure, but when i die, ima puck up a longsword, have my loved ones place be on a bed logs covered in furs, and i want my butt torched in a pire.

8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i always like to make a clear distinction, and i believe it is a clear distinction, and no, it has nothing directly to do with any god, but as i was saying, between me, as in true self, variously called soul, and or ghost in the shell, and the shell, which is this meat robot i walk around it. i'm not so sure what happens immediately when i part ways with it, but whatever happens to it, isn't me. what i leave behind, whatever happens to me, is the same as leaving behind a worn out car, or some other thing that has been useful, even vital, but has become entirely dysfunctional. so it really has nothing to do with the real me, whatever is done with it.

i have a pretty good idea what will be done. a very small glass vile of my ashes will be placed in some obscure niche, in a military cemetery, most likely without any great deal of ceremony, as i did nothing particularly notable during the brief time i was in. this is what was done with my father's remains, who served with no particular distinction during the second world war. my mother, having been his spouse, is also berried, in a military cemetery. and not the same one, how ironic, as he died twenty years before she did, and by the time she did, his was filled up. neither got what they had wished, but it was done at no cost. and as i have no fortune, nor offspring to leave behind, something of this sort seems the most likely.

9. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i believe there may be places in india, where this practice is still legal. i'm not absolutely certain though, so you might want to check on it. how you would get your remains there to do so, i don't know, unless you're already living there, in which case you probably have a better idea then i.

10. Scratched

Scratched Members

I want to be beside my maternal Grandparents. It just seems right. They were my "happy time escape" when I was a kid.

11. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I want my ashes put into the brass pole on the center stage at Tattletales strip club in Atlanta. The only way to head into eternity is with young, naked thighs wrapped around me.

2 people like this.
  12. Scratched

Scratched Members

I like your thinking.

13. PunchDrunkKitten

PunchDrunkKitten borne on the fm waves of a broken heart

Being buried - despite the Fertilizer Factor - is needlessly expensive, and not actually that practical of a way to dispose of human remains. I think I would like to be cremated and simply put in a nice aesthetics jar.
    I doubt if I the time I kick off my body would be any good for it, but the Body Worlds exhibit has always been a sort of dream resting place for me.

14. LittleBee

LittleBee Members

cremation for sure

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Pakistan

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm sure I posted before but I have a wooden dragon ship that I'm building that will house my ashes. It will be pushed into an open body of water, set alight, and sunk.

A true warriors way. :)

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

*Picturing how a wooden dragon ship rolls down the mountain*

;)

18. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

after i die my body is being donated 2 science. after 2 years it will be cremated & my ashes will be returned 2 my kids. they will spread them different places according 2 my wishes

1 person likes this.
  19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

out of curiosity, is that the standard when a body is donated to science? or is it a case by case thing?

20. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

as far as i know it's standard & it's FREE