Where Are You Going To Be Buried?

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Bud D, May 18, 2016.

1. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I have prearranged everything so the kids just have to make one call and it will be done.

I will not have any viewing. I will not be embalmed. I will be cremated in a green corrugated box. My ashes are to be spread where ever the kids wish to do so. I have had a plot for the whole family (where my dad is and mom will be) so if they wish to put a small bit of my ashes there, they can. I will not have a grave marker. I will not have a religious ceremony.

1 person likes this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Why no grave marker?

3. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I already have a grave marker but I won't be buried there.

When my parents decided they needed help and moved here they decided to buy plots at the local Catholic cemetery. They also bought one for me next to them. This was followed by them telling me that I would not be able to be buried there unless I came back to the church. I told them that would not happen.

A few years later (December 2008) when Mom died, Dad went to choose a gravestone. I was at work so I did not have anything to say about it. Months after that when it was placed on the grave I was stunned to see that my name and birthdate were also on the stone. Every time I go there I think a hundred years from now someone will look at the stone and think, "That person never died."

I want to be cremated and if possible have my ashes spread in some peaceful place out in nature. Maybe, by the time I do, that will be legal.

4. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

Mainly because I will not be there and also I do not see the reason to spend all that money on a headstone or marker when the kids could use it instead to have or do something fun with, like a holiday. :)

I also want no obligation on their part to visit any cemetery.

2 people like this.
  5. Bud D

Bud D Member

My great Aunt was also given a plot to be buried. She has talked in the past about having her ashes spread around a farm she used to live at. There was some family problems with the other farmers who were related to her deceased husband. So it's a bit of a revenge thing.

I'd really like a crypt if I had the money. A big freaky one with my dogs ashes around, perhaps a family crypt if I ever get lucky and start one.

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's very interesting.

I'll have to ask my kids about doing that.

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my REMAINS may be dealt with however is most convenient to whoever is responsible for doing so at the time. whatever i might wish, that is what is most likely to happen anyway. my only concern, is to make sure my awareness, which is me, isn't in them at the time!

8. joelucas69

joelucas69 Members

My plan is to have my body donated to a local medical school. After they are finished, then my remains will be cremated (at their cost) and spread around in a park they have on site.

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I don't know I'm not digging the hole.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've got a longboat that I will be making out of wood. It's a wooden model. It has a decent size cavity in the middle. I bought it so that I could have my ashes inserted and then pushed out to a lake I've never named. Set alight and sunk. A true Wiking send off. :)

Of course this all falls on two things.

1) that the ship holds my ashes and if not I'll get a bigger one

2) that whoever looks after me when I die actually follows through with my wishes.

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We will see about that.

12. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

At this point, there is a possibility that I will not die.

13. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

14. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

No reason to be buried if you are going to live forever

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Let me just say this.
    I fucking absolutely hate when in a movie they drag someone out to the woods and he knows they are bringing him out there to kill him. And then they tell him to dig a hole.
    What the fuck? They are gonna kill me and expect me to make it easy on them??? Fuck that...you want me buried you are gonna dig the hole and if you give me the shovel you better be quicker on the trigger than I am swinging it.

2 people like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

You, nor anyone else, is going to live forever.

17. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

That was God's original intention for man when he created him or shall I say them. Man and Woman. Human Beings, the most complex and intelligent creatures on the earth. They were made to live forever

18. Tyrsonswood

No... No they weren't

Who would want to anyways?

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Rich people might. I know I don't want to work 40 hrs a week forever.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah, crossed my mind too when watching such a scene :p You know it is going to end bad so why end it with an involuntary work out? :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyudaSCSyHY