What's your next tat?

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by la Principessa, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Primal_Lioness

Primal_Lioness Guest

The majority of my tattoos are nature based with flowers, etc so my next tattoo is going to be a bumble bee and I am designing one for my chest, right shoulder and upper arm to include flowers, butterfly, dragon fly and a humming bird.

Its going to be epic

2. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Adding ontoa tattoo i already have to make it a full sleeve dedicated to my motheri lost to cancer. My bible berse amd her cross on my arm small prayer hands and a small dove. My name is dove in gaelic amd all this will be sorrounded by yellow roses including the stems and leaves wrapping around my arm. Yellow roses were what we used at her funeral. The verse on my arm was used too in the eulogy cards her and my favorite verse

1 person likes this.
  3. LVVCA2014

LVVCA2014 Members

I plan on getting a heart lock on my calf and my husband will be getting the skeleton key on his calf. I have a long list of tattoos to get. I'm only at three tattoos done so far. One I have to get touched up after only 2 years. So pissed about that.

4. GanjaBabi

GanjaBabi Members

I think my next tattoo is either going to be a yellow rose that says mom under it on my shoulder or a baby with Angel Wings laying on its side with the initials A.M.R.B for the little girl I lost when I.was 5 1/2 months pregnant

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I have a sleeve planned, with a hickory tree on the top of my shoulder, and the roots wrapping down my arm to my wrist. I'm going to have all sorts of things that symbolize things that are important to me entangled in the roots.

I'm also going to have the heart beat of my daughter on my inner wrist.

6. drawinginblank

drawinginblank Member

I actually changes my mind, I want to get a chandelier on my thigh. It has a meaning to me though.

7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a skull with a beret on and a cig stickin' out of its mouth from '57. Cost me 5 bucks!! The color is still the same because I have kept it covered.

If I were to get another one, it would be the LSD inspired lizard people Depp saw in Fear and Loathing, across the top of my back. Ralph Steadman's the artist. Have a friend in Fresno --Jason--that would do it.

8. RubySoho6

RubySoho6 Organized Chaos

I changed my mind on what I want. I'm working on a layout for a '50's inspired hairstylist half sleeve. I have a bunch of images that I like. Now I just have to save money and talk to my artist.

9. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

My next big project is a half sleeve on my upper left arm, a psychedelic portrait of Albert Hoffman by Alex Grey:

[​IMG]

I expect it to be a long term and quite expensive project, but it's gonna look great.

1 person likes this.
  10. Bassline514

Bassline514 Member

Looks like my plans changed a bit. For my coming birthday the hubby offers me a tattoo and I surprise myself dreaming of a leopard print on one of my upper arms.. probably the left one as I already have a rose on that shoulder, it would fit nicely together. (I'll do that Albert Hoffman sleeve on the right arm instead, simple as this.) Now my question is about the color of said tattoo, I hesitate in between all black, black/red or black/multicolor. Except for my roses all my tattoos are all-black and I'd like to have some color on me, but at the same time I don't want this new tatt to clash with what I already have. What are your thoughts on this, what do you think is the best idea?

11. theacidpulp

theacidpulp Member

12. theacidpulp

theacidpulp Member

13. Psychedelicrevolution

Psychedelicrevolution Guest

Photo on 06-01-15 at 12.51.jpg

The theme of my tattoos is hinduism and buddhism. Im getting mostly dotwork.
    On the pic I have om namah shivaja written around my ankle (barely visible) and.. before everyone starts shouting at me I have to add that there are dots around the swastika representing the realms of heaven, hell, humans and animals , its also a symbol of Vishnu, and also Kali, it means "luck".. and to me it means that Im walking in the footsteps of a buddha.
    I think there is enlightenment in body modification.
    Peace!

14. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

next friday..oh friday the 13Th...i gonna get a tiger head...
    2 weeks ago i had my lotusflower coloured in...and the 2 cats as well=see pictures..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

my nickname is tiger...so..I have this tigerhead done on the backside of my right arm...
    reasonable painful spot for a tat...still a bit more work on it=colouring...I think that dude did a good job..
    gonna go at 8-5 for some butterflies... :bulb: am I normal?or am I mad?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Pengu

Pengu Members

I don't have any tattoos but, always like to think it might be kinda cool to have one.
    I'm am a Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac calender so, I kinda want to incorporate that in. I'm also a lover for Japanese culture so, I may use some sort of Japanese styling as well. Some coy for example or sakura flowers. Sakura flowers seem very popular though.
    Also, I love lettering.
    I was thinking maybe put it on my ribs. I like the thought of having it unseen to public and only visible when I wear a bathing suit etc. Not that I think tattoos aren't appropriate. Just my preference.
    If it's just wording, I really like the thought of having it line over the top of my shoulder and possibly run up my neck a bit. It would be small lettering though. Then again, it would be seen to public too. So, I'm kinda not sure but, for now it's only a thought ha ha

17. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

A tat of my cat, Dusty, who passed away in January while I was on my honeymoon. I'm getting it on my right foot. I also plan on fixing up the hearts on my left wrist.

18. MidlandsBarefooter

MidlandsBarefooter Members

I know it's kinda mainstream but I really want a Dream Catcher on my Ribs

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Some skulls.
    Oh and big nasty spider coming out of a skull.
    And maybe the grim reaper with his head as a skull.
    And some snakes coming out of a skull.
    Skulls.
    Skulls.
    Skulls.

Nah not really.

I'd like an incorporation of my 4 beloved fighting fish almost like a tornado of colors and they all morph into a fish. This seems impossible to really describe and I know what I want but it's hard for me to describe it to people but in my mind it is good. =]

20. Shale

Shale ~

I did a "repositioning" cruise across the Atlantic in April and was at sea for 11 days - the most time I ever went without seeing land. I was also thrilled going thru the straits of Gibraltar. Even tho it was at night and the rock was just a shadow in the dark, I could see the lights on the shores of two continents at the same time.

So, to commemorate this first event I got a tat in Barcelona. (also the first tat gotten outside of the U.S.)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.