What's your favorite scary movie?

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by Yaz, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Yaz

Yaz Member

I love scary movies! and my favorite month is coming up! In October I like to watch a scary movie every night leading up to my favorite holiday, Halloween. I'd like to hear some of your suggestions as to what movies i should watch.

my favorite movies are the old school monster movies like Frankenstein or The Wolf Man. Vampire/Dracula movies are always good too. What's your favorite??

2. visionsofjohanna

visionsofjohanna Member

The Exorcist, that movie scares the crap out of me every time !!

3. DancingBears64

DancingBears64 Member

The Shining, fucks with your headd!

4. Yaz

Yaz Member

haha those are both good movies! anybody got anymore?

5. Waking Life

Waking Life Cool looking idiot

I don't know man.

Thats a tough question because I'm not really sure what makes a favorite a favorite. Is your favorite the movie you think is the best overall, or is your favorite the one you watch most? More importantly, are those questions even relevant to a discussion on what makes a favorite a favorite at all?

I can tell you that the ring is fun to watch on halloween because it is creepy. And The Mist, for all its tripe religious b.s. has some chilling scenes that stick with you for a while. If you're watching with people that aren't huge horror fans then you're probably better off going the way of 28 days later and shit like that versus birds and the go go girls.

i don't know. Just go to a movie store and pick stuff out. Maybe its good and maybe its not, but does it really matter?

6. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

7. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

Stephen King's "Rose Red"

8. green hell

green hell Member

okay everyone make fun of me for this, but i thought "The Ring" was scary as fuck. it's just so suspenseful and beautifully done! plus you gotta admit, that girl crawling out of the tv was some scary shit!

other good ones: of course, the exorcist - i saw this when i was 10, and remember asking my friend's mom what a "****" was! haha yeah, nightmares for a long time about that one.

psycho - a fucking classic, enough said.
    the birds - not that scary, but a great movie

what ever happened to baby jane

i like older horror movies, cuz blood and gore are just lame to me. and what kind of a sick fuck dreams up these scenarios, anyway?

9. Yaz

Yaz Member

^haha totally those are some good ones! i love the classics too! i got a whole Hitchcock box set its super great! and the ring was good i dont care what anybody says. the cinematography was awesome! and it was so creepy!

10. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

11. yarapario

yarapario Village Elder

It's pretty hard for me to name a favorite horror movie cause my favorites were the ones I saw as a kid back in the 60's...the Blob, the Fly and a really lame one called the Killer Shrews. These were movies that me and a buddy would go see at the only show in town...then have to walk all the way back out into the counrty where we lived. That walk back was as good as the movie cause every shadow, every noise scared the crap outta you. And usually one of us would scream bloody hell to scare the other one. Sweet innocent fun from low buck B movies.

12. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

since this movie has just been re-released late last month, for the first time in 8 years; i'm going with the 1975 movie 'salo: or the 120 of sodom' by the italian director pier paolo pasolini. SICK, SICK, SICK! EVIL, EVIL, EVIL! salo is the best horror film ever made todate! that is just not my opinion. film experts and horror buffs all agree. pasolini was even assasinated shortly after finishing salo, because he made the film.

a real gem in modern low budget horror is 'visions of suffering' by russian director andrey iskanov. will scare anyone shitless when straight, if your tripping and, you watch it, it will not just scare but, it might cause brain damage too!

on october 23rd. the 1978 film 'faces of death' will be released on dvd. i tried to see this movie back in 1979 when it came to town. i was not able to see it, due to the police and a group of ministers shutting the theater down. that happen nation wide here in the u.s.a.
    take a date to see this movie. you will make one hell of an impression on her! she will bitch slap you silly, and give you a kick in the balls for taking her to such a "lovely" movie. you have my guarantee on that one!

13. Yaz

Yaz Member

damn dude i love that movie! faces of death is FUCKED UP! did u see the one with the female to male sex change operation in mexico? that one was SICK! i saw that one when i was tripping on shrroms haha weird as hell. loved it tho.

...im a weird girl.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Evil Dead II and the Others. But I'm not really a fan of the genre in general.

15. green hell

green hell Member

faces of death was...disturbing. i wish i hadn't seen it. some things looked fake though...staged perhaps?

16. blackcat666

your a weird girl? that's cool with me! my mother once scream at me: 'YOUR ONE SICK FUCK!' i was watching an old paul naschy movie, on late night tv back in 1977. it was a eurotrash horror movie, entitled 'the werewolf vs. vampire women'. naschy was one way cool, old school horror movie werewolf! i've got almost all his movies on dvd.

i never saw the mexican sex change operation movie. i did see the german male to female sex change operation movie entitled: 'i would die to be a woman!' i saw that back in 1979. it was in a full theater. i counted about 10 people who puke during the movie and, alot of other people who either walked and/or ran out of the theater! MEGA NASTY MOVIE! since i am a guy, and, watching what they did to that guy's dick on the screen, to turn him into a her... THAT WAS PAINFULL AS ALL HELL TO WATCH! i had nightmares for sometime after that movie!

last night i saw one damn good japanese movie entitled 'infection.' i guess you could call it sci-fi horror. alot of strange twists to that movie!

17. ER_1015

ER_1015 Member

Well, as far as a horror movie that I actually liked because it was scary, classic, and aesthetically interesting....Suspiria has my vote.

But for campy horror fun, I actually really loved "Infested" (aka Ticks), with Seth Green...oh man, how can you not love a movie with this sort of awesome-nineties dialogue?

Tyler: Have you ever killed anyone?
    Panic: What kind of a question is that?
    Tyler: A pretty direct one.
    Panic: I've killed about as many people as you've boned.
    Tyler: That many? Wow!

Genius.

18. Yummy Ukulele

Yummy Ukulele Member

It will always be The Shining. I haven't seen a better one - and I've seen a lot of horror movies!

19. blackcat666

awhile back i recommened a movie by the russian director andrey iskanov entitled 'visions of suffering.' his doctumentry 'philosophy of a knife' has just been released.

THIS MOVIE IS ONE HELL OF A SICK, TWISTED, AND TERRIFYING MOTHERFUCKER!

not too long ago, i saw a movie by bill zebub entitled 'jesues christ serial rapist (or, was it serial murderer.)
    bill zebub is one sick fuck, and a master of exploitaion movies, that will offend and shock almost anyone!
    i know he has in poduction, a movie that, will most likely be entitled 'frankenstien serial rapist.'
    i'm sure that one will be another "great jewel" from his derange mind!

20. offset

offset Senior Member