What Year Would You Like To Be Teleported To And Why?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Jimbee68, Jan 21, 2015.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

about a decade or two into the future after nature kicks humanity's ass back down to about a twentieth as many total, as there were around the time i was born.

2. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Oh my.....I WOULD GOTO 1998 and buy 100s of dollars worth of PLAIN M&MS and then I would goto 1989 to my middle school and get tons of CABBAGE SALAD then i would goto 1985 to my elementary school and get MANY HAMBURGERS!! (AHHHHHHH i loved them.... I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR ONE)

Then I would goto 1980 and buy tons of GOLDEN GRAIN macaroni and chedder!!!! (My favourist mac and cheese ever)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh I could go on and on dues!!!

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ you would go back in time to get school cafeteria lunches? either you had the best school chefs ever, or you have been eating the worst garbage since graduation...

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i know where in the sequence, but i can't give you an absolute year because every little thing changes everything else.

5. Space_Trippin

Space_Trippin Banned

hmm I want to be teleported back to 825 in norway, but I keep my teleportation device in my bag. Now that I got that device I will go in the future from there... all this time I will be recording this unknown stuff. I will be sure to hang with Leif and find the truth and than I go to shore after weeks on the ole longship.
    My mane reason is to find my ancesters but I will play their game while I'm there. I can't die since I never existed with them but I got plan they dont know that... anyway I'm still alive I got all the info I went for and there... thanks for the teleport (i will keep the tool, its lost, so fvck off)

6. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

Just don't get lost in time ... you might never be able to find your way back (time is really weird)

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

definately some year in the future, when our coming ecopocalypse is in its past. when people with fur and tails and pointy ears are building a new civilization from the ashes of our own, with lots of gardens, tiny houses, and solar powered narrow gauge railways.

i don't see the future as being a continuation of our present day dead end, but i do so a time when a civilization that would seem alien to most of us, is very likely to rise from its ashes.
    i don't see a future for reliance on fossil fuels, and that means no one for broad expanses of pavement or the automobile.
    i don't see a future for people of whatever species become sapient and dominant, treating other creatures as lesser beings, forgetting the rights of other creatures to the same land.

i don't mean a future in which no one will have arguments with each other, but organized ones on a more then individual scale, i see those, in this post ecopocalyptic world, as exceedingly uncommon.

none of us alive now will see it in our present bodies. our own species will have evolved radically, or been replaced. but sapient eyes will see and live in and work in and build that world. just as they do even now, on other worlds throughout the unimaginably vast universe we are surrounded by.

8. Jupiter3030

Jupiter3030 Banned

I want to experience the night sky when our milky and and andromeda fuse together in about 4 billion years. But I'm afraid I'll miss too many episodes of the simpsons

9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

68 drugs,and Pink Floyd

10. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

You All Wasted Your Time Trips Guys !!
    1968 We were in a tent Playing cards My mate and her sister had gone for a walk so we were alone she rubbed my Dick over my Jeans I thought " If I try to Shag her she will think I am a Beast and Not Want to Know me any more " so I brushed Her Hand Away and asked Her what Music She Liked !
    We talked all afternoon about the Monkeys , Kinks , and Small faces and got on Really well ! in Fact we were Mates For years , Later When I was at College She used To Walk Along on a Monday Evening (welding Class ) to walk me home and have a Chat About Stuff !
    I would Love to Go back to That Afternoon !
    Merton Bank School Field in a Crappy Tent My mate Put up
    I should Have Probably Banged The Living Shit out of her ;)

Wonder How Much My life would have Changed Because of that Simple Event
    I am still Too Sensitive even Today ???
    Edit
    Infact Been thinking about This !!
    Should Go Back To Then Teleport Myself Forward to Now and Give Myself Some Advice about What to Do

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I figure the year 3000 AD would work for me...surely by then fundamentalism, racism and nationalism will be over. I'd love to see what historians of the future write about us. I doubt it will be very flattering.

12. DarkSideOfTheMoon94

DarkSideOfTheMoon94 Members

If I could travel back, I'd go to the mid-60's for obvious reasons...

If I were to go forward, I'd hit up multiple destinations.

Most of all I'd like to see what happens to humanity, whether we destroy ourselves or begin to explore the universe through space travel. I'd also like to see what the world looks like when we develop A.I., although some may argue it's not far off.
    And of course the end of the cannabis prohibition! :flyhigh:

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so you could watch mayberry RFD in its original run?

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

2063 might be a pretty good year, although it may still be too soon. whenever the ecopocalyps will have come and gone. leaving a largely depopulated earth and a genetically altered dominant sapient.
    we'll reach beyond our own solar system too, eventually, but with most likely a big hiccup first, and possibly a very altered and hopefully wiser 'us', to do so.

15. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Day one of the grand opening of the pyramid of Giza.

Pete's Draggin' likes this.
  16. Alanimium

Alanimium Members

I would ike to be teleported to a time where people are not killing each other.

17. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

After the apocalypse?

Wont be any homicide going on then, everybody will be dead haha!

18. Alanimium

Alanimium Members

When you think about it its actually true, people have always been killing each other. There are alot less wars now so i think in the future its going to be non existant.

19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

to start over and do things a bit differently

20. NonMonetizedMofo

NonMonetizedMofo Members

The older I get the more it seems like one big year.