What was the name of your first acid tab?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by Hari, Sep 8, 2004.

1. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

- I mistakenly said blue unicorn blotter-but I think blotter came out a bit later(could be wrong, memory isnt to good remembering shit like this)
    After discussing this with an OLD friend, he pointed out it was " Blue barrels" that we did- - maybe 68/69..?? right around the time I got my draft notice > >

whatever? It was a helluva time- that I do remember:sunny:

2. Scorpio Kenny

Scorpio Kenny Church of the Good Earth - ArchBishop

3. placou 1968

placou 1968 Member

i'm a little like junglejack in the memory dept., did'nt think i'd ever find myself trying to recall this, but as i do recall, i see sheets of blotter sometimes worn on a persons torso for concealment, cardboard to stop (bleed over) and i too am pretty sure the blotter was here before tabs other than sugar cubes....all that said 4 way, brown window pane my first. purple microdot mesc. came along a little later and i never looked back....WOW is the best description i can say bout the microdot.

1 person likes this.
  4. redbaron

redbaron Guest

My first was bluebird blotter -came on sheets in a Hilroy notebook...mmmmm ...next was orange double barrel oh boy!!!

5. Karl Rand

Karl Rand Member

Sandoz clinical grade thanks to a friendly local psychiatrist who at that stage had legal access to the stuff.
    My first illegal dose was sold as California Sunshine although how could you be sure it was? Either way it was wonderful playing the pipe organ in St Pat's Cathedral on it followed by a low, slow mind blowing f++k in the forest up in the hills.
    I lost count at approx 37 trips by which stage they were becoming so adulterated with speed and God knows what else I gave up.
    Sigh. Wilt . Swoon! Don't think I'd survive even a clinical dose these days.
    One toke of skunk and I'm hanging from the chandeliers, half a glass of wine an my legs go on me. Tragic.

6. liberal libertarian

liberal libertarian Guest

purple microdot

7. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

You were 12 the first time you took it?
    Where were you that they had the ritual you described?

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Back in the day they really didn't have a name other than "acid"...

9. mvmcd1950

mvmcd1950 mvmcd1950

I think acid as it used to be is no longer available.. still there, but with some ingredients taken out.. that feeling of being the whole universe doesn't happen..

10. Karl Rand

Karl Rand Member

:MVMCD!1950,you're dead right but it's not only acid that's now worse than impure. Making drugs illegal, just as making alcohol illegal during prohibition, has forced black market manufacturers/growers to adopt imperfect measures in production. For synthetically produced drugs, such as LSD, purchasing the base ingredients attracts the attention of the authorities. These ingredients are now either substituted or synthesized (often by amateurs) resulting in contamination of the final product. For botanically sourced drugs the black market has forced growers into hidden hydroponic facilities often run by criminals. Production in this environment has triggered dangerous genetic engineering <http://www.globalpost.com/dispatches/globalpost-blogs/weird-wide-web/marijuana-pot-genetically-modified-drugs-colombia> and the use of growth hormones such as gibberellic acid ( 12-dihydroxy-3-methyl-6-methylene-2- oxoperhydro-4a,7-methano-9b,3-propenoazuleno[1,2-b]furan-4-carboxylic acid) which is a carcinogen.)
    Then there are the greedy thugs who happily mix horse tranquilizer with anything from rat poison to grandma's cough medicine and call it 'Ecstasy' just to make a profit.
    The lesson is to grow your own and risk arrest yourself or stick with mother nature’s rare gift of psychedelic mushrooms. We live in dark times where even information about drugs, their contents and effects is distorted by the authorities.
    Welcome to yet another aspect of our species suicidal insanity.

11. yooperlee

yooperlee Member

purple micro dot was my first back in the 70s

12. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

"this stuff's..the shit"

so I guess the shit. Funny. I've been offered this strand plenty of times after too.

13. SunLion

SunLion Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Red Dragon blotter summer 1978.
    I think it had only red ink making up the dragon. There was said to be a green ink version too. A quarter of a hit resulted in no visual effects but it was an amazingly great first time.

Purple microdot, mostly, the next 2-3 years. And various barrels.

14. oldmr.bouncer

oldmr.bouncer Guest

all i remember is that it was blotter...............

15. ChasM23

ChasM23 Member

Green Swirl (or, was that "SQUIRREL"?) in September 1968. I was in the USN, in a barracks at Hampton Roads Naval Base, Virginia, waiting for the ship to be completed that I was assigned to. A few more trips with some other types that I can't remember, until I finally landed in the Haight, AWOL, in the spring of 1969. From that point, it was pretty much non-stop for the rest of the year!!!!

16. Drew001

Drew001 Banned

smiley mushroom

17. Lucky4u2day

Lucky4u2day Member

I took so much and it was so far away back it's hard to remember but orange barrels, purple flats and chocolate chip cookie that tasted and looked just like a mini cookie the size of a baby aspirin(sounds weird but true!!!) - about 1968 - saw Janis in our little home town then saw Led Zep same year or maybe a year later - kinda foggy but lotsa good stuff way back then. Then I ended up in Laguna Beach Cal where I found some orange sunshine and lotsa other goodies.............then off to mehico an d back to cal then off to Kuaii HI for a month of Love and Peace and total happy-ness. Woodrose seeds...whoa baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Lucky4u2day

Lucky4u2day Member

Oh yeah - almost forgot the shrooms on the Angus plops - unreal folks........Rainbows Everywhere...............:sunny::sunny::sunny:

19. Lucky4u2day

Lucky4u2day Member

How about window pane from the mid 70's and like alota folks said sugar cubes - also had some strawberry shortcake - 500 Mg of Vit C with red acid dripped over the top looked like a mini shortcake with strawberry sauce and got You Way UP........................OOOOOUUUUU-LA-LA

Lotsa good herb & hash smoked through a small water pipe full of paregoric when we were 18 we could get it at the local pharmacy - sold for different stuff like tooth aches and stomach aches and stuff(paregoric that is......)

My buddies still do shrooms once in awhile................I'm too old and toasted for that............I'll stick to herb and the like............medical here and trying to go recreational in a year or two.............Oh yeah..........:sunny:

20. SpaceTrippin

SpaceTrippin Banned

I aint been here a fuckin long time but.... I'mm sure I replied in this sometime ha ..when is anybodys answer

edit
    bite me