What to look for in a friend?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Irminsul, Jan 2, 2019.

1. oh ok

2. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

yessir

3. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Where is the boy/man age cut off?

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Is 40+ an OLD woman, then?

soulcompromise and YungSAVi like this.
  5. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Dependability, humour, intelligence, funny quirks & a certain warmth & compassion.

6. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Yeah, way too old for me anyway LOL

7. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Ages 12-18 is a boy.
    a man would be in the ages between 20-40

soulcompromise likes this.
  8. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

what about 19 year olds?

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that as we age we perceive age differently. Being close to forty myself (39 in February) I don't think that forty is old. But when I was twenty, yeah... there was no way anyone over 26/7/8 belonged at the same parties as me as just one example. In my mind forty meant weight gain and wrinkles and gray hair (which I am reminded that I have sprouting out of my scalp each time I visit the toilet) and no fashion sense; some of which have proven to be misconceptions to some degree.

Age effects us all differently. I think that for me when I look for a potential mate however, I typically am looking at someone who is young and cute and that simply isn't usually somebody my age.

10. Age affects us, yes.

YungSAVi likes this.
  11. I apologize.
    Carry on.

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

^ Thank you @soulcompromise for making me not the only one to get this wrong : D
    I'm learning, though.

And yeah, I don't think 40 is old at all. SO much of who someone is, is to do with their attitudes and energies. I've met 25 year old women who are more adult than some 45 year old girls. Thinking it has everything to with the number of years (although it can be a guideline) is silly. I've met people in their 30s who talk like they are old, and act like they are old. I know people in their 50s who are like teenagers.

Anyway I plan on being young and cute until I die : P

13. YungSAVi

YungSAVi Rapper

Considered a "Girl"

14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah when I read that I thought, wait am I not still young and cute? Because i'm not far off from his age :p

Youngandcute4life

Driftrue likes this.
  15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

In all objectivity it doesn't depends on age obviously. The only reason to not call a woman a girl is if she herself finds it an issue. The women who find this an issue generally also have issues with how shaving all pubes can be perceived as a young girl look and how that appeals to guys. But it doesn't seems the general reason why the shaved look is the most popular. Same with why adult women are often called girls. I'm sure its done for faulty reasons also, but generally its fairly innocent imo. And a lot women above age 19 fit the term.. and no, not because they're childish or look teeny :p

16. Asmodean

MILFs can certainly be young and cute :D

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

"lady"

milfs can be 19 years old.

18. Asmodean

I like that one too. They rarely object to being called a lady :D But girl often suffices just as well :)

Yes, but I'm sure you agree that a 40 year old mom can be a MILF as well. And also that far from every teen mom is a MILF..

19. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

of course.

20. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I've stopped trying to make new friends. I find what I look for most in friends these days is just reliability. Someone who actually puts effort into the friendship, whether we are just brunch buddies or game buddies or whatever. Most of my "friends" are so flaky that I haven't seen them in months. Can I even call them friends at that point?

My girlfriend and I hang out with one couple and we're happy with that because they're on the same maturity level, and they're a couple so they're not always trying to go out and get laid with two lesbians in tow. We go out and eat, we chill and watch TV. I'd rather have two good friends than 10 bad ones.

mysticblu21 likes this.