What The Hell Is Wrong With Moms These Days....

Discussion in 'Pure Bull' started by Desera_xoxo, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

Every other day its another mother killing her kids...This is why I don't watch the news

2 people like this.
  2. Lolli

Lolli Visitor

i-kmow-what-u-meam-i-do't-watch-the-news-either

1 person likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't watch the news because I find it boring.

1 person likes this.
  4. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

we live in a fucked up society, and in a fucked up world.

plus the media loves that shit. all the crazy fucked up shit gets the most ratings

3 people like this.
  5. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

bombs kill more kids than moms

6. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

Thats a valid point. But im talking about moms that kill there kids

1 person likes this.
  7. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

I agree 100%

8. Pieceofmyheart

Pieceofmyheart Grumpy old bitch HipForums Supporter

Birth control. People do not use it...don't seem to care, or they think they won't get pregnant.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What about moms that kill their kids with bombs?

1 person likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont think shit like that should be on the news. There's no reason for anyone to know about such things except for the family involved.

also, as someone still dealing with post partum ocd 2 and a half years after the fact, I think its irresponsible journalism to report stories like this for the sake of ratings instead of trying to shed a light on post partum mental illness and encourage women to seek mental health treatment after birth.

1 person likes this.
  11. Desera_xoxo

Desera_xoxo Members

I understand post partum as ive been there as well. What I dont understand is why these women are killing there kids the way they do. Okay youre depressed and suffering but setting your kid on fire or stabbing not one but three of your kids to death. Wtf is that about? Thats what throws me through a loop.

1 person likes this.
  12. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

These days? Hell, my mom attempted to assault my 14 year old sister with an axe. And that was at least 40 years ago. It never made the papers or TV. It's just that now everything goes viral on the internet 5 minutes after it happens. It didn't used to be that way. So I blame the media/internet - violence is our daily diet.

2 people like this.
  13. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I think that's bullshit

You in the US, you got around two to three thousand kids a year that die of abuse, about a third of that just from neglect, the vast majority don't make it to the news

People don't give enough of a shit about it

How would sweeping it under the carpet make things better?

3 people like this.
  14. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dont understand it either, but I also don't think its a new phenomenon. We just hear about I more often. In the 90s a woman from my state named Susan Smith drowned her kids in a lake and it was on the news for months. Even years after it happened the tabloids were reporting on her lesbian relationships in prison. I think that's when the media realized what a gold mine child abuse and murder can be.
    I would agree with you if I thought reporting it in the news was productive in any way, if it led to more funding for social services, more funding for planned parenthood and mental health services for new mothers, etc etc. But most people read stories like this just think about how sad it is for a few minutes and move on.

15. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Its good you dont........ I feel alot of what we see on MSM news isnt real anyway!!

1 person likes this.
  16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Axiomatic=if it bleeds, it leads.

17. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

maybe some ''mothers'' aren't ready for how incredibly hard it is to tough-out a cryathon or to constantly breastfeed.....maybe some moms cant handle their fucked up husbands not wanting to fuck that sagging body still recuperating from the physicality of childbirth

and maybe the lack of education on just how incredibly hard it is to raise kids or even just ;;how to raise kids'' is to blame.........we have all seen or know single moms and struggling moms that just cant get it together as far as motherhood...maybe your baby would stop crying if you knew how to care for it and maybe you shouldn't have married such an asshole

many possibilities on why moms kill their kids

in the end we all kow it is wrong to hurt a child....lock up those moms and throw away the key

18. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

These are good reasons to give up a kid for adoption. It's also the sort of thing that you should be ready to hack if you've decided to become a parent.

Yes, being a mom is hard, but these are not excuses to abuse, and especially kill, a child.

----------------------
    Child Abuse

Childhelp®
    Phone: 800.4.A.CHILD (800.422.4453)
    Who They Help: Child abuse victims, parents, concerned individuals

Adult Survivors of Child Abuse

Adult Survivors of Child Abuse (ASCA)
    Morris Center for Healing from Child Abuse
    PO Box 14477
    San Francisco , CA 94114
    Phone: (415) 928-4576
    tmc_asca@dnai.com
    http://www.ascasupport.org/
    Adult Survivors of Child Abuse (ASCA) supports and assists survivors of child abuse to move on with their lives. In addition, ASCA was created with the intention of guaranteeing that all survivors of childhood abuse, regardless of their financial situation, have access to a program focused on recovery from childhood abuse, including physical, sexual, and/or emotional abuse or neglect.

Domestic/Family Violence

National Domestic Violence Hotline
    24 hour hotline phone: 800.799.SAFE (800.799.7233)
    www.thehotline.org
    who they help: victims, survivors, family, parents, friends, offenders, community leaders. A resource to anyone who may have concerns about relationship being unhealthy or abusive, and it does not matter whether they are dating or married, living together or not.

Mental Illness

National Alliance on Mental Illness
    Phone: 800.950.NAMI (800.950.6264)
    Who They Help: Individuals, families, professionals

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

hamsters.

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A big Fat Yes.

And maybe they shouldn't have married said arsehole, they knew from the start they were NEVER going to be attracted to ON PURPOSE because he was a lot easier to whip

Half the real reason for marital and these kind of problems