What Streaming Service Do You Like?

Discussion in 'Rock 'n' Roll' started by FrostyDog, Sep 22, 2018.

1. FrostyDog

FrostyDog Official Ol' Geezer

Right now I am listening to Soma FM (which is a free streaming app) through my XBox One. I have used Spotify and Pandora Premium as well. I once had a subscription to Slacker Radio. So...which do you like the best and/or use the most?

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Compact Disc
    :p

FrostyDog likes this.
  3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I can't really stream with any success on my current system so I'm no good for an answer.

FrostyDog likes this.
  4. FrostyDog

Oh yeah......I remember those!! Hell, I remember 8 track tapes and those damn yellow things that were laying everywhere to play 45's with!!

Irminsul likes this.
  5. FrostyDog

Not even iHeartRadio? Damn.... Seriously Soma FM has this channel called Left Coast 70's and they play some awesome shit on it!!

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I don't normally try streaming music. I tried Pandora for a little while this morning and it was sketchy.

I'm on an old, wired, desktop so there's that problem.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I just use YouTube for music so I can listen to whole albums. I'm thinking of trying their paid service so I can listen ad free though

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Pandora and YouTube. I guess YouTube doesn't quite count as streaming music, exactly, but I use it for music quite a bit.

9. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I just buy mp3s. I have Pandora, but I use it for jazz or classical. Their rock stations deliver mixed results, such that I feel like I'm not really listening to bands from the same genre. I can't think of an example everyone will agree on. I guess if I wanted to listen to ___ I would have a station for them. Also, I listen to plenty of trance, house, techno, etc. But I'm particular about which song comes next, if that makes any sense. So, the algorithm doesn't do the job I want it to at least some of the time. :) As far as subscriber services, count me out. I don't listen to that much music. And as I mentioned I like electronic music. Amazon has a decent amount of it. I don't know about Spotify or any of the fifteen other services.

10. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Just Pandora myself

11. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Primarily Youtube but Spotify and Pandora as well.

I use Alexa at work which I believe uses Amazon music as it's catalogue.

You ever use Di.fm ? I used to listen to that a fair amount, it was a good source for EDM. I haven't used it in awhile and it looks like they have a subscription mode now, so I don't know if it's worth but a recommendation nonetheless.

soulcompromise likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Oh yea. I forgot about that one. Thank you! :)

it's saying something about "30 minutes". I think there is a limit now. I don't remember that from before, but it was about 15 years ago that I would have encountered di.fm.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

I dont use any service.....I turn on my radio....it has a special dial that changes the music when required

op?....an xbox?….how old are you?

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Spotify. Spotify has like hundreds of millions of subscribers but is still turning a loss. I don't know how they can turn that around. They're a very viable company but I think they should take ads to make money. I often wonder how much they pay artists to stream.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If it streams, we can kill it.

16. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Physical CD's and YouTube