What is your favorite way to travel?

Discussion in 'Travel Polls' started by skip, Jul 11, 2007.

1. skip

skip Founder Administrator

Tell us your favorite way to get around the planet... :)

2. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Magic carpet.

3. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

van with lots of friends, or just in a car with me and another person with all the classic rock we can get!

4. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

or of course a boat!

5. windsong

windsong Member

Yeah, really! That would be cool.
    But seriously, by boat. It can be very peaceful being on the water.

6. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Land....Horse Water.....Boat

7. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Nothing beats a boat. Unless you are in Bangladesh trying to get to an island on open sea in a small wooden boat....

Long story, but yeah. I love boating.

8. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Oh this sounds like a good one! Do tell! Do tell!

9. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

It really is a long story and I might tell the whole version of it one day when I feel like it.

But basically me and this guy I met on the road planned to go to a Bangladeshi island to chill and whatever it is people do on islands. The only boat we could hop on was a small wooden open boat filled with chickens, eggs, food and a lot of other random stuff.
    So we took it.

First part of the trip was chilled and nice. The people on the boat were amused and amazed to see two 'white' people on a boat like that. Or just to see two 'white' people. Although we were warned at forehand not to jump on this boat.

Then we got to open sea, the wind started to blow a little harder and the waves started to grow a little higher. And a little harder and a little higher again. The waves were completely washing the boat away, it was steerless and we could only hope to arrive somewhere. Everyone was soaked and all the people aboard (about 8) were screaming and shouting and praying to Allah. I can not really describe it, but it was pretty awesome afterwards to look back to. It was some sort of hell to be in the middle of that.

The people were trying to throw the water out of the boat with buckets. Useless ofcourse, but they got an A for efford. We were still jumping up and down the ocean in our small boat and had to hold on anything we could grab not to fall overboard. The 'captain' just barely got the boar under 'control' and steered away so to jump straight into the waves instead of sideways. This probably saved us. I think most of us were pretty sure we would sink. At the end we did not sink and reached the island. This took us a few hours.
    The story is way longer ofcourse, but at least you kind of know what happened to our little boat trip in Bangladesh.

Listen to the locals when they tell you to stay ashore.

10. TattoedAquarian

TattoedAquarian Senior Member

Definitely, Anything that lets me look out the window and daydream.

11. Jedite83

Jedite83 Van Dweller

Bike. I find it to be quite relaxing, except when some asshole (usualy about 16yo) thinks he's hot shit and starts to yell somthing as he drives by n the car his parrents got him theweek before.

12. Icklejason

Icklejason Member

I chose foot but the idea of a horse sounds really appealing.

13. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

I like walking around :)
    Maybe not for you know travel travel, but still its so fun and you really get to see everything and feel the place when you are walking.

14. Barefootsun

Barefootsun Member

Hiching, i love meeting poeple on the road going hear or there telling me there storys or giveing wisdom it realy shows that there is good people out there.

15. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We did a little bicycling at Cape Cod, lots of bike trails,a bicycle friendly place.

16. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I like driving in some way (car, bus, train) because then you can get a better look at the scenery.

17. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

trains are always fun :)

18. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

Usually when I travel cross-country I hop onto the Greyhound bus & most of the time I'm pretty lucky cuz I land in a place that has public buses to get around.
    I have been in a plane a few times & someday I would like to try taking a train across the country, just for something different.

19. emsterino

emsterino Member

haha! sounds like fun!

20. emsterino

emsterino Member

I love either walking or bycicling. I love to get out and moving!