What is the oldest dream you can remember?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Americunt, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I've been mildly obsessed with dreams and dream interpretation for basically my entire life. Some of my earliest memories are dreams.

When I was 3-4 I used to watch this show called "Under the Umbrella Tree". It was your standard kid's show with puppets and singing.
    One of the characters was a blue jay. I remember having a horrible dream about him being my mom's new boyfriend. She turned into a blue jay and flew off with him, leaving me alone.

It's interesting to realize now, with more understanding of dreams, that even as a young child I recognized my mother's tendency to put her relationships with men above her relationship with me. My brain was just trying to relate it to me in a way I could understand at that age.

I know most people don't remember dreams the way I do, but I'm hoping some of you have interesting dreams to share.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Recurring dream starting from when I was an infant...

Laying on the floor on my side, unable to move, in a dimly lit room with white walls. There is an old wooden ladder back chair against the wall, that's all I can see. There is a garbled voice behind me... right before I get hit in the head, again, harder this time. Then I wake up in this life.

Did I mention I was murdered in my last life?

3. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I remember a dream from when I was about 5 years old.

I dreamed that the neighbor's Irish Setter was at my 2nd story bedroom window motioning with it's paw and speaking in a deeply sinister human voice saying "Come on... Come on...".

It terrified me and still brings tears when I tell the story.

4. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

I dreamed of a death too, I was maybe 8 or 9 years old when I had it. I was around the same age in the dream, playing on a dock. I fell into the river and got swept away by the current. I could see my mother running along the bank trying to catch up to me. Then I sank down and when I hit the bottom of the river bed I woke up. Based on my mother's clothing, I think it was 1930's-40's era.

Bad dog :fearscream:

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I dreamed I was being chased through the streets of London by the Easter bunny when I was 3 or 4 and when he caught me he stabbed me in the ankle with a thumb tack

6. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

Did you have a bad experiences taking pictures with someone in a bunny suit?

7. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"In defence - with sabre high,
    The spear point nears, am I to die?
    I bring down my sword - to parry away
    In midst of battle, who is to say?

In motion slow - I move with fear,
    The clash of blades, the end comes near,
    As steel and stone - and body meet,
    I wake - with quicker, heartened beat".

A recurring dream that ceased to be when one day (or should I say night) my sabre deflected the advancing spear

Americunt likes this.
  8. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

You must have conquered something in waking life.

9. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Maybe so - however, that was the 'oldest' dream - there have been many more - predominantly near death/danger situations.
    I have had to overcome them by taking sub-conscience (Hypnagogia state) charge in order to get myself out of some real awkward situations

Americunt likes this.
  10. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I remember some weird ass dream as a kid that happened a few times. The only part of it that I remember though is, hearing a few high pitched voices speaking really fast (like in fast forward play on a recorder),followed by a car door shutting and car taking off, and then....something warm and soft touching the back of my hand for about 10 seconds then fading away. I never seen any of this, it was just sound, and in total darkness....weird....

11. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

It was an Asian lady (in a kimono) levitating in the air as she would disappear and reappear. She would laugh and laugh and laugh at me. It was a high pitched laugh that was NOT funny. I couldn't stand her...this would go on and on, it would seem. That would be all there was to the dream basically. Me being by myself in a room (different rooms sometimes). I would sometimes hear her and that damn laugh and not see her; but, soon enough she would appear long enough to let me see her well. She had jet black hair and the kimono was red with some kind of black print on it. Then she would disappear.

I had that dream many times growing up...and haven't had it for a long time.

I wouldn't mind having the dream now as I have learned just exactly what I'd say to that bitch.

Americunt likes this.
  12. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I dreamed that I was at the beach, my ankles were being lapped by the waves. The sand was a deep amber color, and I was standing in the crashing waves and grabbing orange and pink lobsters from the ocean. Suddenly, I could hear my younger sister crying--she was a newborn. My parents began to panic because she was stung by a bee. She cried and cried, and I felt sad. They spread baking soda and water on her leg where she got stung.

Americunt likes this.
  13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

When my parents divorced, I used to get these weird recurring nightmares. I don't remember any of the specifics, but they were always in black and white (weird, right?) and I could always hear my pulse pounding in my ears in my dream, and when I woke up I could still hear my pulse just thumping in my ears. I was probably 3-4 at the time.

I'm 37 now and I still freak out when I hear my own pulse.

Americunt likes this.
  14. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

That seems really unpleasant :(

Lynnbrown likes this.
  15. Daretobare

Daretobare Member

As a a kid I frequently had a nightmare of my second grade teacher. She was a mean teacher and probably not teach with todays standards

16. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I used to dream as a kid, that my parents were not human. They would sometimes take the form of cartoon characters, or animals. They were nice, but they weren't human. My dreams were annoying back then, too.

Americunt likes this.
  17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't think my parents were ever in my dreams when i was little. i'm not sure the idea of families even were. by little, i mean like before kindergarten.
    i remember there being computers like we have now, and a bunch of other things that didn't exist yet on this earth at the time, which was the late 1940s and early 1950s.
    i also, was never of less then adult age in them. well there wasn't even really such a thing as age at all.
    everyone was like between 12 and 16 physically and between 20 and 30 mentally.
    i remember i had dreams before i was physically born. but i'm not sure where previous lives might have ended and dreams began.

Americunt likes this.
  18. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

A witch on a broomstick flying by the kitchen window.
    Probably was told a too scary fairytale.

I guess I was 4 or 5.

Sounds kind of witchy as well..!

Americunt likes this.
  19. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Is that how old you were when you first saw THE WIZARD OF OZ?

20. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Asmodean likes this.