what is a TV?

Discussion in 'The Media' started by chrizt1an, Nov 24, 2010.

1. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

if you and everyone you are addressing have the ability to resist the advertisments on the internet (including the ones running on this very website) then why can't they/we resist the ones on television?

me thinks you need to aquaint yourself with people of a higher caliber of mental fortitude....

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

"The medium is the message" =Marshall McCluhan.

3. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

a tv is a box with miniature people inside of it who are constantly arguing.

4. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

First I'm not talking about advertisments. I'm talking about tv it self you obviusly you weren't able to understand my post anyways good idea for the furture.

Maybe one day your self can meet one of those of a higher caliber and tell me how it went. Lol come on now.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

"God is in the tv" -Marilyn Manson

6. chrizt1an

chrizt1an Member

Its funny you mention that qoute because this old man I once met told me this.

Even gods is behind all the evil in the world.
    They sound sound so similar.

7. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

oh, you said buy when you meant believe lol bless

i meet them everyday, my friends who don't watch tv don't seem any more freeminded compared to the ones that do :confused: have you noticed a big difference in the way your television watching friends think and act?

8. xxxSidxxx

xxxSidxxx Guest

My roomate doesn't watch T.V, he just sleeps :). It's a waste, and you honestly can't compare those who watches constant t.v and those who don't. Except for a major headache and bad eye vision, that's about as much as I can differ between the two.

It's a shame really, ppl now a days are so closed minded. I'm lucky enough to live in the sunshine state, 2 minutes from the beach. So I ask my friends, "Hey let's go to the beach?" they reply with, "Nah, it's too hot". :/

9. Telepath

Telepath Banned

100% agreed.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

there are a few shows I enjoy watching but advertisements really bother me. There are things in this world I prefer to keep out of my brain, constant exposure to catch phrases and logos in advertisements being one of them.