What do u think about Italy?

Discussion in 'Italy' started by dreamingwight, Oct 31, 2006.

1. Nirali

Nirali Member

I was there as a hitchhiker and like it. When I travel by autostop I´m an extra sensitive for a human behavior, cause I feel I haven´t got home, food, people around myself...just what or who I meet on the road. And people there were fine. Very friendly and what I like they didn´t make differences between rich tourists or people with small budget. They were very helpful.

I was in Rome, Florence, Pisa and Bologna...all of the cities were fine. Full of artworks, history....sometimes weird things which could sucks, like McDonald restaurant in front of Roman Panteon or smell of piss :) But I have nice memories.

2. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

Yeah, I hate being in a beautiful area and then seeing those stupid ass golden arches. I think it would be funny as hell if some rich guy paid McD's and other eyesores to get the hell out of historically important areas like by the Roman Panteon.

Oh, hey Nirali, I want to go to Bratislava next. Recommended? YES/NO

3. Nirali

Nirali Member

Funny thing. Wish there will be this rich guy, but people are still stupid and maybe they will be discontent cause for some of them are most important BigMac then Panteon.

Hmm...Yes...try. There are some nice things but I see much better idea to visit eastern Košice town. It´s much MORE MORE beautiful (with around 250 000 population) and night life if you are interesting in. With great historical centre, etc. Bratislava had a lot of tourists (cause it´s capital) but isn´t that nice like other capital cities, tho. But there are purposes for what to do. And on my last trip I had a great time there.

4. yellowcab

yellowcab Fresh baked

I went to Italy last year for 10 days and absolutly loved it,cant wait to go back.The food was great,went to Rome and Florence but had a better time visiting the smaller towns like Orvieto.But overall I cant wait to go back hopefully next year.

5. Fawkes

Fawkes Member

I agree with that. I've been to Rome twice, Venice twice and Florence. But the best places were the small towns. Courmayeur and Riomaggiore. But I always like cute little small towns, whereever I am in the world.

6. AndreaGe

AndreaGe Member

a little curious thing: the photo of your sign is a statue of the monumental cemetery of Staglieno, in Genoa..a very good artistic and not so known place to visit in Italy!
    http://differentgreen.altervista.org/foto/staglieno/staglieno.html