What Are Your Thoughts On Feminism?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by TheSamantha, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He's confused but trying to make it look like he's baiting

2. Scratched

Scratched Members

Neither...just tired of modern feminist rhetoric. It's just a reaction.

First wave feminism was a necessity.
    Second wave feminism was gals feeling mighty, which is okay.
    Third and Fourth wave feminism- examples that modern women don't remember what feminism was really about, and they can't stop their thirst for power.
    How many thousands of men have been turned into "simps" by modern feminists, only to have these women turn angry toward men for not being "man enough (Alpha)" nowadays?

And now men are getting fed up and "Going their own way". Men can do without all the BS just to have minimal female companionship (@ the price of his own freedom to be a man.)
    This backlash, is gonna be interesting to see how women manipulate their way out of this situation... Ha!

3. Scratched

Scratched Members

You should stick to being an expert PITA in the political forums Asho.

This isn't your business, and you don't even know what I'm talking about.

Bye.

4. Beach Ball Lady Balls

Beach Ball Lady Balls Banned

I think women's washrooms should all have urinals so feminists cal pee like a man. That is the extent of attention I will give to feminism.

5. Scratched

Scratched Members

Me thinks Asmo is really a woman.

Or maybe wants to be.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I woulda already probably maybe had have sex with him by now if that's the case.

1 person likes this.
  7. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Second wave of feminism was about civil rights; third wave was about feeling mighty.

Third wave of feminism breaks down like this: If a man speaks the truth, it's taken as truth; if a woman speaks the truth, she is challenged, doubted, and forced to explain herself. And when the topic is something like rape, that's really fucking shitty.

I don't know what a simp is, nor do I really care if a man is alpha or not. Men should just be men. No real feminist is trying to change male behavior; we just want you to stop trying to change ours.

8. Scratched

Scratched Members

I have never tried to change the behavior of a lady I was in a relationship with. But they certainly tried to change mine! And the last one succeeded very well...I've learned a lot and I'm not going back to the old me. I was taught by my mom to be a nice guy. polite. gentlemanly. Yeah, that went real well... LOL. [​IMG] [​IMG]

I don't listen to what a woman says now, I watch her actions instead. They can SAY anything...

9. Noserider

Sounds like she was just a control freak then.

1 person likes this.
  10. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I don't agree with this at all. First off, everyone speaking from a position of expertise or authority should be questioned, that is an essential component of critical thinking. I'd like to know what male positions are inherently taken as truth when they speak. Politicians? :D

In rape accusation cases that make the public sphere, men are often villified before there has even been any evidence shown.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not sure that's entirely true, more times than not, at least from my perspective, when a rape case makes the public sphere the woman's motives are questioned and she is presumed to have made false accusations

1 person likes this.
  12. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Initially? or when the evidence starts to not appear very compelling?

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

The problem with rape is it isnt particularly easy to prove. IF a woman gets a rape kit within 24 hours there is no guarantee it will be handled in a timely manner, many hospitals have a backlog or don't even keep someone staffed 24/7 who can administer one. And of course if a woman doesnt go in immediately for a rape kit that is seen as suspect despite the multitude of reasons a woman may not want to go. I dont know if you've talked or listened to many rape victims but many report being mistreated and doubted from the minute they report the crime and go in for a rape kit

Anyways long story short, initially

14. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'd be interested to see an initial story in the public sphere suggesting motives of a woman making accusations of rape. I Cannot say I've ever seen that, although when such incidents tend to unfold, then I have seen that kind of questioning arise.

I mentioned public sphere because of what I was responding to I think is a society at large type situation. I have not talked to rape victims though, I can certainly sympatheize with such a traumatic experience being difficult to cope with though.

15. Noserider

Yup. Happens all the time. Or that she's looking for notoriety or money.

16. Noserider

And in this fucked up situation--which is also all-too common--she was forced to keep quiet or lose her career:

http://gawker.com/5894527/which-beloved-comedian-likes-to-force-female-comics-to-watch-him-jerk-off

17. IAmMaxieHearMeRoar

IAmMaxieHearMeRoar Maxie Lee Courtland-Colton

I like traditional feminism, not the radical third-wave stupidity feminism, which has done nothing but give feminism a bad name.

2 people like this.
  18. Noserider

Radical third-wave feminist and proud!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH-9Pow-2oE

2 people like this.
  19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I believe in equality when it comes to jobs and pay, but in other areas men and women are not EXACTLY the same. I always remember discussing equality with Jane a few years ago. She laughed and replied, " ok, it's your turn to have the next baby". LOL.

2 people like this.
  20. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

So every man is just like every other man?