what are you working on?

Discussion in 'Knitty Gritty' started by sarahstar, Nov 20, 2005.

1. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

hat for my daughter, blanket for my daughter, beaded necklace for my daughter and one for myself, washing fleeces to have REAL wool to knit with, going to get some cards to card it and get my spinning wheel fixed!

PHEW Is that enough???

Oh Plus my roadside stand knitting, (building inventory), baby hats for the hospital, maybe lap robes for the intermediate care home, and I've got a thousand ideas in my head for other things that aren't knitted

2. fuzzygreen

fuzzygreen Member

I'm just about to start knitting a stuffed animal rabbit... it will be the first stuffed animal I've tried, I'm so excited!:D I'm also working on a knitted yoga mat bag. Oh, and I'm perpetually working on, and then ignoring, a sock; being as it's about 104 degrees right now, a woolen sock isn't too inspiring at the moment.

I love that this thread was started 5 years ago, and is still inspirational and ongoing!:)

3. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

Add a tea cozy to my list above please, a friend asked for one

As if I didn't have enough to do already,:rolleyes: between crafts, housework bf problems and gardening, I am definite going crazy this week!:eek:

Lois

4. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

my sister keeps asking me if I have finished my older
    brother's giant multi-colored but mostly green crocheted
    afghan so I better get going on that! I hate the finishing
    up phase and tucking in all those little ends!
    peace
    Delfynasa

5. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

I am still knitting scarves, loom knitting hats, ( for charity) loom knitting a tea cosy and planning a hope chest for my daughter and figuring out what I'll make to put in it.

Hugs
    Lois

6. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

I'm knitting a sweater and a shellfish right now, and as for the sweater...I've seem to hit a rock in the pattern, it doesn't make any sense :(

7. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

I'm still knitting scarves and I'm about to start on some tube socks on round needles.

I stocked up with yarn and am planning on having a productive rest of the winter now the the holidays are done.

A friend of mine has offered to teach me how to knit a one piece sweater on round needles too, which will be the biggest project I've tackled yet and I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I got some more knitting looms and I've got beads ready for jewelry making when the weather gets too warm for knitting or crocheting. I've also been crocheting a set of towels from a cotton sweater I unraveled. But my tendonitis acts up after 3 days of crocheting, so I'm having to pace myself.

I've got a few "must do" projects to finish and then I can get back to the blanket I'm making for my bed, over 300 stitches from side to side, all single crochet. I designed it for a taller bed and now I'm sleeping on a very low futon! Oh well, a little extra coverage when it gets cold never hurts.

Cheers
    Lois

8. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

I DID IT! I FINALLY FINISHED BRO'S AFGHAN!! WOOHOO!
    peace
    Delfynasa

9. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

Hurray-good for you. Whenever I finish my blanket etc I'll be making another afghan

Lois

10. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

they can take forevvvvvvvver,huh?
    peace
    Delfynasa

11. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

Kinda, it depends what stitch you're using.

I normally make a huge granny square out of what ever odds & ends I have.

The worst one I did was for a king sized bed, that took a month because I was traveling and working too.

I do like making tube socks though, I got about 4 inches made last night, and I'll work on it through the day, we have to go get hay for my horse at the time I normally sit down to knit.

Happy creating
    Lois

QUOTE=Delfynasa;6698985]they can take forevvvvvvvver,huh?
    peace
    Delfynasa[/QUOTE]

12. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

I'm crocheting a HUGE blanket. I think its about 10 feet or more by 2 feet right now...It'll probably take me forever. :p

13. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

TEN FEET!! dang! I thought 7'x7' was bad!!
    good luck!!
    bb
    Faerie

14. knotdirty

knotdirty Over the Rainbow

just measured it..it's 12 feet long. I tend to lose track on my first row and make my blankets way too big. It's gonna be a couch blanket for in the wintertime, so we can both cuddle up under it and put it around ourselves.

15. lalalaspider

lalalaspider Member

I just finished crocheting my first tam yesterday, which I love. And I'm about to start crocheting an ear flap hat for the winter/fall and I'm also about to knit my sister who is going away to college a kitchen towel and some washclothes.

16. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

a toque, to be followed by a scarf for the guy I love

Lois

17. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

sorry to be dense but what's a toque?
    peace!
    Delfynasa

18. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

A toque is a winter hat, one of those things most commonly topped with a pom-pom or tassle.

And it's done and turned out too small :-(

Lois

19. Delfynasa

Delfynasa Member

maybe you need fatter yarn or a bigger hook?
    peace
    Delfynasa

20. yugogypsy

yugogypsy Member

Fatter yarn, but it will fit someone, the ~#$%^&*()_ I intended it for is ignoring me!

Hugs
    Lois