What Are You Doing Right Now?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Moonglow181, Jul 3, 2017.

1. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

e.g.? lol

I never know when I'm thinking "acid" is one thing and someone means something totally different. I was thinking 303 sounding old school, but perhaps you mean Goa Gil psytrance or something like that.

Got myself a keyboard and 30 day trial of Ableton. I'm thinking about making tunes, but I have to take some courses in music technology and electronic music first. Then there's youtube... There must be a million people teaching on youtube. All good stuff though...

EDIT: Nevermind.. I see you posted an e.g. already. Carry on... :sunglasses:

jmadre likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

wooops.. I thought we were in "currently listening to" and posted up a video! :)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  3. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Reading the forums, and procrastinating my errands list. :oops:

Jimi Smacks likes this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I really find communicating chronically in another language takes more concentration and energy. When you're then back in your own environment again its so chill and easy :)

5. Asmodean

Turkey? Just a guess :p Or do you like to keep it private. Hope the UK stay was fun and interesting!

6. Asmodean

So i take it you had a peculiar experience as a foreigner in UK lately: summer with a lot of sunshine there too :D

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I liked London the two times i was there, but liked Tintagel, Cornwall and Somerset better.

probably due to the nature and bodies of water....in those places.

8. Moonglow181

I saw my new doctor yesterday.....Pain to get there and back , though...as there are no short cuts for a good part of the trip to and from...having to go on slow country roads for much of the way, so it takes almost 2 hours one way.....but other than that...It was an awesome visit.

His office is very zen and not typical.......I was reminded of the holistic vet's place that i took Minxy to....these kind of Zen atmospheres promote healing...and are not ugly, cold and sterile and looking like death chambers.

He is a real doctor incorporating holistics, as well, with many degrees...my kind of doctor. He is an older man and knows what he is doing.
    He treats many ailments...digestive ailments being one of them.

I was measured with a 17 BMI...and other tests and measurements were done on me....

He then talked to me in length...telling me my digestive system was a like a broken leg right now, and we have to nurse it back to health.....

He gave me two powders....one of complete amino acids, which I shake up twice daily with water and drink....I just finished my first one...not bad tasting and easy to drink...and i feel like a shot of energy has gone through my body. right now. I am just starting his program today.

The other powder is all of the vitamins...to drink in 4 oz of water 4 times a day in 2 hour intervals.......That is what i will drink next in a little while......He does not want me to take any other vitamins or supplements right now....so the vitamins I ordered a few days ago can sit on a shelf for now, I guess...even though, they will be coming from Dr. Andrew Weil.

he gave me a list of foods I can eat and not eat...no gluten..no dairy.....I can eat all fruits , accept for oranges....all vegetables accept for corn.....no beef, pork, eggs, shell fish, farm raised fish...boo hoo on the shell fish and oranges and corn......

etc...i will strictly follow what he has instructed ...so there will be no more waivering for me on anything......

I just wonder are oysters and clams shell fish?...as that is what i was looking forward to eating at my neighbor's on July 4th this year....the only things i was looking forward to eating there.

I will see this doctor again before the end of the month to see how things are going and to take it from there.

I liked this doctor......and believe in him and have hope, at least, now.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  9. Moonglow181

My guess is all of the years of pepsi drinking abuse. That is my guess......as the reasons for gastroparesis are mainly diabetes and certain cancers...i have gone through 3-4 months of all kinds of tests before now ruling all of those out....so they say they do not know the cause of mine.....which could be autoimmune, too....but being, i was never a big eater, anyway...I just never liked to eat too much...and drank most of my calories in soda all day only..that is probably why my system finally broke down......if I had to have an educated guess about it.

10. Moonglow181

Good luck on your bloodwork tomorrow....Nice to see you back.

The doctor told me yesterday that the amino acids he was sending me home with is given to cancer patients on chemo treatments as they do not eat much and can't.....and he told me that even though, I am not that kind of a patient.....i need to be on them, too.....for now....as they are easily digestible....One must feed the body things in order for the body to help itself...which is the main thing in holistic treatments....helping the body help itself, instead of just treating symptoms forever, and putting a bandaid on a cut that never heals....etc..

I always believed in this philosophy, as well

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  11. Moonglow181

Oh, gawd,..I just saw the measurements on my list of foods i can eat...It said fresh unsalted almonds.......and I took a handful, and started to eat a few and then saw.....6....so only 6 almonds every day is allowed.....Everything has a measurement.....I just noticed then.....so i put the rest of my handful back.......I can have hummus, at least...have a real love for that lately....so I am going to measure my 1/3 cup of that out in a few.

I like the Tribe classic and the Sabre pine nut ones.......I can have little bits of different kinds of nuts....but no peanuts or peanut butter allowed at all.

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

id a double coupon for pistachios . might of went overboard. my belly hurts .

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i just ate after working all day

wanted homemade hamburgers but they damn store was out of the big buns

so i just made a large flat beef pattie ...seasoned it and fried it up with chopped celery and whole mushrooms around the edge of the pan while the meat cooked

turned out better than burgers

14. Moonglow181

15. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

me too..i took the day off

but ill probably do some of my own work later...got a trailer that needs new lights and a mower deck that needs welding

im going to ignore all phone calls today

Moonglow181 likes this.
  16. Moonglow181

I am hungry and am waiting to go to the store to look at the vegetable chips and other chips. I can have potato chips but only made with certain oils...so i found one yesterday....just potatoes......coconut oil and seasalt...are the ingredients...and not much salt, either. I ate the entire bag almost, too, yesterday....with a lot of hummus dip...Just looked...only 500 calories in the entire bag, so that is not too bad....so now I want to go look at more and buy some more......

I have been eating a lot of wild herring, also......and I am feeling so much better physically than I have in many months......I think my new doctor and his powders and strict guidlines are helping...or maybe it is the power of my own belief in this process, too...

so yeah, I am hungry right now and want to go to the store to look at some more things I can eat....but I have to wait for Stan to get home first...so that is why I am waiting right now.

17. Moonglow181

The funny thing is....new habits.....breaking old habits which are very hard to break...new ways of eating....I do not even miss things I used to eat anymore........I am really liking what i can eat now....more.

18. Moonglow181

Just finished furminating Greyson's fur......I have to do that with his long fur very often...his long fur gets so clumpy.......and there is no way any long haired cat can lick and keep that long fur always clean without always being loaded with fur balls inside of them....so one of the perks of this kind of cat is furminating them and often......He is used to it now and rolls from side to side on the bed to let me get each side, as well as his back and hind quarters. he is a little sensitive about his stomach area still, but we are working on that very gently..

He gives me agina, though....he does not go outside to climb trees and scratch on trees. he does not want to go outside., and I bought him a scratching pad...Does he use that? NO! he uses the wall paper on the walls upstairs...and I keep covering places he is scratching off on the walls with poster boards....but he will go find another spot on another wall..I give up on that!....I cannot keep up with it and i want to scream at him sometimes....LOL

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  19. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

I'm scanning The Random Thoughts sub-forum looking for threads to add posts to either for my own liking and/or to bump up threads that I think others may do well to comment upon.

20. Moonglow181

Trying to decide whether or not to go spend some time in the sunshine today outside or go shopping. maybe I can do both things.