What are the main lessons that you have learned in your life?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Amethyst87F, Oct 3, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Earth was billions of years old before I got here and will be here billions after I'm gone. I have had a little teeny bit of the time in between to do ---many unimportant things--- and I did those with AND without regard depending on the situations.
    Not being religious, the most important thing I learned was --"do unto others as you would have them do to you." IMO, that's all humans need to do to change the trajectory of humanity as it stands, which is bloody, stupid and greedy. Damned sure didn't always make it, but I believe it.

McFuddy and papa-bear like this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

including a wife.

McFuddy likes this.
  3. storch

storch banned

Especially a wife! And don't get me started on kids.

4. Ladylays

Ladylays Members

Don't worry about what other have to say about your life . be open as possible cuase that's when you have the most fun. Always carry at least 20 in cash on you all the time.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Saying everything and nothing, the bullshit that can be spoken of in not the enduring bullshit. Learning to be still, running in circles screaming and shouting, no matter where you go, there you are.

6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I think it gets easier with practice though, and when you get there it's way easier to deal with your emotions when they are yours, than when you feel powerless because you think someone else caused them.

papa-bear likes this.
  7. papa-bear

papa-bear Members

Agreed, but it takes work to get there constant self awareness , after a while it becomes habit!

Driftrue likes this.
  8. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Life is far too important to be taken seriously.
    Be kind to everyone, for everyone is fighting a tough battle.
    Everyone's choices are half chance, and so are yours.
    When you die, you just become whatever it was you were before you were born.
    Everything you seek is inside, you just need to unlock it.

RainyDayHype likes this.
  9. papa-bear

papa-bear Members

Don’t take life to serious-
    You will never get out alive!

10. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

The fundamental Bullshit Logic used every toddler is kick it if it doesn't work, don't fix it if it ain't broke and, when in trouble, when in doubt, run in circles screaming and shouting. It actually does work, because you will do it eventually whether you want to or not.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ignore politics, stay away from political people, they only serve as a gateway to bring you down.

Orison likes this.
  12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

That, unfortunately, sometimes it's better to let things go than confront someone. I had an incident at a Winn Dixie the other day. I was in the wine section looking around and my girlfriend had gone to the next aisle. This older guy very obviously looked me up and down and said "I want what you want...hellooooo" and he started walking close behind me. Now I could have turned around and yelled at him, but I didn't feel like getting stabbed that day so I briskly grabbed my girl and walked off. And then he followed us to the check out and he was chit chatting with people in the line and the cashier all cordial like, as if he didn't just sexually harass me. So I didn't even feel comfortable to tell anyone anything. And of course he decided to walk in the tight space behind me and the next register and I was literally paralyzed because I thought he was going to touch me in front of everyone there. But again, instead of doing anything I just grabbed my girlfriend and we left.

I mean yeah, he didn't actually touch me, but he was looking at me like I was a piece of meat up for grabs by anyone who was interested. I don't know why men don't think that's a shitty way to act. And most importantly, it never works. He could've talked to me normally like a person and I could've told him hey I'm with someone but thanks. But instead I have to be afraid that the kind of men who would act that way are capable of anything. Why should I have to be afraid going to the grocery store in the middle of the day, not even dressed up? I was literally wearing baggy lounge pants and a t shirt with messy hair and still I have to get harassed. The lesson I learned is that either people won't believe you, won't care, and that I have to be wary because other people can't control themselves.

13. la Principessa

And also that it truly doesn't matter what you wear.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

At first glance you might think he feels a certain sense of empowerment and fulfillment knowing he can walk up to any woman on the street (or in a store) and attempt to pick her up,
    but that’s not what’s happening here, he looking for a particular type of woman and apparently you fit the profile.

The fact that you were dressed the way you were caught his eye.

In his mind he envisions a woman with not much-confidence and low self-esteem, someone he can control and manipulate.

My advice In the future, dress to kill

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  15. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

Try not to fuck up any future relationship I may have, by being true to myself and my emotions, and keeping an open heart. Learn from my mistakes.

16. papa-bear

papa-bear Members

Serenity is not freedom from the storm.
    It is peace within the storm!

scratcho likes this.
  17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Enjoy youth, cause that's something you're never gonna get back.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that's the part that has always confused me the most. you see all kinds of creepy ass behaviors like this. like those guys that drive around and shout out their car windows asking any walking woman if she wants a ride. has it ever worked in the history of humankind? what do they think they will get out of it?

i do wish women would get it through their heads that they actually look attractive like this. sometimes even better than the weird shit they do to dress up.

19. la Principessa

It's not that I have low confidence. But I suppose you're saying more that I appeared that way to him. Usually I pride myself on my appearance, but we were house sitting for a friend and she has a zoo of pets lol I was just trying to run out and get something and come back quickly.

Yeah, I figure they think someone who is desperate enough will find it flattering. And I'm pretty sure he was even more interested when he saw me grab my girlfriend's hand and walk off. Some people just really get off on people who have exponential disinterest in them.

I didn't feel particularly unattractive that day, I know what I look like. But to a stranger? They don't know what's under baggy clothes. He checked out my ass and I'm just like ..can you even see it though?

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

With guys like that it's less about you and more about them. Sort of the same concept as, rape isnt about sex, it's about control. He didnt care if he could see your ass or not, he just wanted to make you feel uncomfortable